Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I just learned that Soulja Boy was selling consoles? https://www.pcmag.com/news/finally-soul ... e-consoles
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

His Braid review is a classic. It perfectly expresses how I feel about a pretty great, but nonetheless incredibly pretentious, game. :lol:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I am still salty that a "The Matrix" MMO never succeeded. It seemed like the perfect universe for it. That sail has shipped.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Nemoide wrote:I tried buying something on my Xbox 360: same problem! I guess the store's gone buggy after years of neglect.

I found a pretty simple workaround to to buy things though: I just bought a digital Xbox gift card in my browser and redeemed it into my account. With that I was able to get a game (although it took two tries, which is odd to me).

I gotta say: I'm not a fan of the end of life for all these online digital-download type consoles!

UPDATE: I believe I found the source of this problem and it's dumb! (I had more troubles and ended up contacting Microsoft support)
Go to https://account.microsoft.com and from the upper navigation bar, select "Payment & billing" and then "address book" - you have to make sure your preferred shipping address is the same as your preferred billing address and that you have a nine digit zip code in both.

That SHOULD let you buy things. At least it worked for me after it stopped letting me even money I already had on my account!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I am playing Blood for the first time. I feel like the developers when they played DOOM they were thinking to themselves "You want demonic? We'll show you demonic"
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nemoide wrote:UPDATE: I believe I found the source of this problem and it's dumb! (I had more troubles and ended up contacting Microsoft support)
Go to https://account.microsoft.com and from the upper navigation bar, select "Payment & billing" and then "address book" - you have to make sure your preferred shipping address is the same as your preferred billing address and that you have a nine digit zip code in both.

That SHOULD let you buy things. At least it worked for me after it stopped letting me even money I already had on my account!

Thanks so much for this tip! I just made this adjustment in my account. I noticed that my preferred billing info address was an old address that doesn't match my billing info anymore, so I'm wondering if that was the problem.

I'm going to test this out tomorrow and try to purchase something again. Will let you know if I have any luck!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

This has to be the biggest graphical jump in video games history
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ordered a Switch game from Amazon and when it arrived I opened it and the cartridge wasn't in there!

Started to get paranoid about all my other sealed games so my girls and I had an "opening party" and opened 50 or so. All of them were there.

Good way to spend half an hour.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Ordered a Switch game from Amazon and when it arrived I opened it and the cartridge wasn't in there!

Started to get paranoid about all my other sealed games so my girls and I had an "opening party" and opened 50 or so. All of them were there.

Good way to spend half an hour.

Crazy. What game wasn’t there?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Bravely Default II.

I actually had the same thing happen to me around 20 years ago, except with an audio CD. Tore off the shrinkwrap, opened the case, and...... nuthin.