Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Never knew this box art existed. Awesome.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I am thinking of buying an Android tablet. Is Android better or worse for gaming? I know for sure you can run console emulation, but is there something else I should know? It will be super awesome if it can emulate some late 90's early 2000s pc games or have ports.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'll say that I don't game nearly as much on my Android devices as I do on my dedicated gaming handhelds. Like, a PS Vita costs about the same as an Android tablet, and has built-in gaming controls and a huge library (when hacked all the ports are there as well).

Still, an Android device has the largest selection of non-mainstream games, emulators and ports. You can also emulate PC to a point - DOS and Windows 95 on DOSbox for sure, but I've had some success with EXAGear as well. There's also Steamlink, PS Remote Play, and all the other cloud-gaming options if you have the connection for it.
As far as official ports of 3D games go, even my mom's Android smartwatch can play the Grand Theft Auto games, and PUBG without trouble (too bad she only uses it as a step counter).

I guess it just comes down to which screen and game control options you want - there's no lack of quality games, engine ports and emulators in any of the current portable gaming options once hacked. My friend says he still enjoys his GPD Android, but I've heard that despite the lack of dual analog buttons the Powkiddy x15 is a better deal and more comfortable.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I honestly didn't know Vita was still a thing.

As far as official ports of 3D games go, even my mom's Android smartwatch can play the Grand Theft Auto games, and PUBG without trouble

Can't ...compute....too much advancement...for 80s child....error....error...
pilgrimteeth
8-bit

Post by pilgrimteeth »

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System really, REALLY deserves a remake and a sequel
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Just found out that there's a documentary series on Videogame Box Art. I'm a big fan of Daniel Ibbertson (Slope's Game Room) so I'm excited to check it out. Looks like it's available on Prime Video among other streaming services.
Video Game Box Art: The Stories Behind the Covers
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

RCBH928 wrote:I honestly didn't know Vita was still a thing.

You do know this a retro gaming forum right? It's like, a whole forum dedicated to how things don't stop existing just because they're no longer the newest thing.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

alienjesus wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:I honestly didn't know Vita was still a thing.

You do know this a retro gaming forum right? It's like, a whole forum dedicated to how things don't stop existing just because they're no longer the newest thing.

I'm pretty sure RCBH928 just thinks this is his personal blog.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You're thinking of REPO.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Lol; Do you want an Android smart-watch RCBH928? In exchange for a 10 second your-perspective video clip of you playing GTA3 with a perfectly cut scream, I'll mail you one with an 8Bitdo Zero.
It's a nib Finow Q1 pro you can put your simcard in.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage