Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Segata »

Holy shit! Ys8,Dark Souls remaster and The World Ends with You coming to Switch! Also announced a new SNK Fighting game. Basically KoF with Female only SNK characters.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Segata wrote:Basically KoF with Female only SNK characters.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

noiseredux wrote:
Segata wrote:Basically KoF with Female only SNK characters.

Yep! But now it's a tag team fighting game with 3d graphics that don't look like butt... but does feature lots of butt.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

noiseredux wrote:this is only kinda sorta gaming related*, but... I'm looking for some kind of small table to go next to the couch in my game room that could easily like... swivel (?) so that I could have a laptop right in front of me on the couch. I don't know if I'm saying this right. I don't want to keep a table IN FRONT of the couch, I want something off to the side that can easily be turned or something so that the flat surface is in front of the couch. There's a million different options along these lines on Amazon, so I'm just curious if anyone has one and recommends a specific unit.

We bought my Mom a model like this for Christmas one year, and she got daily use out of it for years. I should note that it was not the exact make/model in the link, but something very similar to that. Now we have it in our house where it's still in service though not specifically as a laptop stand (most of the time). At any rate I find this one to be most comfortable if you can roll the base under where you're sitting (from the side), otherwise you need to sort of scoot up to it which isn't the worst thing but also not quite as comfortable. If you were gaming with a controller rather than doing activities that require a lot of KB+M it probably wouldn't be a big deal. When not in use, you can just roll it off to the side.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yep! But now it's a tag team fighting game with 3d graphics that don't look like butt... but does feature lots of butt.

It is pretty ugly looking. That sucks.

Admittedly, if it came to Xbox One then I would probably get it though. SNK's been kind of weird about Xbox lately.

nullPointer wrote:We bought my Mom [url=<a href="https://smile.amazon.com/LANGRIA-Adjustable-Portable-Computer-Spliting/dp/B01MTQPNAR/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1515687957&sr=8-30" class="skimlinks-unlinked" data-skimwords-word="https%3A%2F%2Fsmile.amazon.com%2FLANGRIA-Adjustable-Portable-Computer-Spliting%2Fdp%2FB01MTQPNAR%2Fref%3Dsr_1_30%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1515687957%26sr%3D8-30" data-skim-creative="500005" title="">https://smile.amazon.com/LANGRIA-Adjustable-Portable-Computer-Spliting/dp/B01MTQPNAR/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1515687957&sr=8-30</a>]a model like this[/url] for Christmas one year, and she got daily use out of it for years. I should note that it was not the exact make/model in the link, but something very similar to that. Now we have it in our house where it's still in service though not specifically as a laptop stand (most of the time). At any rate I find this one to be most comfortable if you can roll the base under where you're sitting (from the side), otherwise you need to sort of scoot up to it which isn't the worst thing but also not quite as comfortable. If you were gaming with a controller rather than doing activities that require a lot of KB+M it probably wouldn't be a big deal. When not in use, you can just roll it off to the side.

That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. On that model I wonder if I could just not put the wheels on the bottom? The couch in my game room is pretty low, so the wheels wouldn't able to slide under it, but without the wheels it should. Hmm.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

noiseredux wrote:That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. On that model I wonder if I could just not put the wheels on the bottom? The couch in my game room is pretty low, so the wheels wouldn't able to slide under it, but without the wheels it should. Hmm.

IIRC on the model that we got it (naturally) required assembly of the frame, so yeah I'm guessing you could probably leave the wheels off if you wanted. I might have some concerns of metal burrs left in the holes for the wheel mounts which could snag on carpet and would almost certainly jack up a hard floor, but having said that I'm sure one could probably put some form of flat coasters either in the holes or over the top of them. This could also have the added benefit of preventing it from rolling while in use. I meant to mention it before but with the wheels in place you definitely want to set the wheel locks, otherwise it can have a tendency to 'drift away' from you while you're using it particularly on a hard floor.
marurun

Post by marurun »

noiseredux wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yep! But now it's a tag team fighting game with 3d graphics that don't look like butt... but does feature lots of butt.

Admittedly, if it came to Xbox One then I would probably get it though. SNK's been kind of weird about Xbox lately.

I don't think it looks ugly. I think it looks fine. I'm more worried about the fact that it seems to want to ape DOA Extreme Volleyball's character outfits.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I don't think it looks ugly at all. Looks decent enough. It looks fun. Really not worried too much about an SNK recent fighting game's quality of play. KoF12 is a decade old so not even counting that as recent. KoF14 was fantastic.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

marurun wrote:
noiseredux wrote:

I don't think it looks ugly. I think it looks fine. I'm more worried about the fact that it seems to want to ape DOA Extreme Volleyball's character outfits.

Agreed. It's ok for Athena to have her original Athena costume, but not everyone needs a bikini.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

MrPopo wrote:It's ok for Athena to have her original Athena costume, but not everyone needs a bikini.

FIFY
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.