Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Fragems »

Just a PSA for anyone who has the Syberia Collection (PS3) now that it's out of stock everywhere the price has skyrocketed New copies are fetching $100+ :P. Ports are pretty poor supposedly so it might be worth getting rid of if you aren't attached to it. Really wasn't expecting it to gain value especially after Syberia III tanked.

PAL version is still $25 new on Amazon so it might be worth flipping the US copy and picking up one of those if you aren't a stickler about region.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Xeogred wrote:Any thoughts on the Ar Tonelico series? Stumbled upon some of the awesome music and visually they look nice.

Personally, I really want to play it.

One of my best friends has played them and absolutely adored them. Very much in the same vein of the Atelier Iris series, so if you like 2D graphics, cute Anime girls and JRPG game play, I'd give it a go!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Fragems wrote:Just a PSA for anyone who has the Syberia Collection (PS3) now that it's out of stock everywhere the price has skyrocketed New copies are fetching $100+ :P. Ports are pretty poor supposedly so it might be worth getting rid of if you aren't attached to it. Really wasn't expecting it to gain value especially after Syberia III tanked.

PAL version is still $25 new on Amazon so it might be worth flipping the US copy and picking up one of those if you aren't a stickler about region.

Nice. I bought that years ago thinking it might end up a collector’s item. (Also, I like adventure games and wanted a physical copy of those games.) I feel so justified!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Double post for some reason...oh well.

I am curious to see what “standard” PS3 games become collector’s items. I’m not the sort that is interested in “collector’s editions” that come with a bunch of junk, retail for $100, and hold their value. I am more interested in games like Afrika and Syberia Collection that are valuable because of their actual rarity.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

This is random, but I've literally just found out that there has been a new independent retro video games store in my town since 2017. What the hell? How did I not know this! My town hasn't had a retro games store (or any games store that isn't CEX or GAME) in a decade. It has arcade cabinets and comics and loads of cool stuff.

I'm going to explore on Saturday.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Recently started playing Darksiders Warmastered Edition on Steam and remember thinking, "wow these graphics are kinda rough"

Then after plugging away at Grandia 2 for quite some time, and jumping back into Darksiders, I was blown away by how high res all the textures were and how real everything looked. Not that Grandia 2 is a bad looking game but it's funny how jumping from an older gen game to a not as old game can make the less old game feel modern.

:? Does that make sense at all? Its 730 am here... time for bed :P
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I just put in for vacation the week of January 28th. Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out that week and Resident Evil 2 Remake the Friday prior. Those two will be the last of my Amazon preorders before the 20% discount disappeared.

I'm going to have to be a lot more disciplined in 2019 when it comes to preorders. However looking at 2019's scheduled releases, I only see myself preordering one other thus far - Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Possibly the new Battletoads too depending on how it turns out.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Just learned about a private server for the .hack// mmo that was out in Japan. Fascinating! Also learned that the resident evil multi-player PS2 game is alive out there. Stoked to look into this more!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Resident Evil 2 Remake is looking so damn good! Ada looks amazing as always.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/01/re ... reenshots/
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Random gaming thought...

Which looks better with the Platinum GCN? A matching GB Player, or a black one?