Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by marlowe221 »

MrPopo wrote:
isiolia wrote:
marlowe221 wrote:Wait... Why do the silly alt-right people hate Mass Effect Andromeda???

I think the current thing is that some of the animations are janky, so they singled out a woman that had worked on the game and harassed her.

Main other thing I'm aware of is folks getting on Bioware for making female characters less attractive, but it doesn't seem to be just alt-right pointing at it (could also just be something like Frostbite tools sucking, since it seems mostly directed at the games done in that engine).

Bioware also puts in gay options which seems to rub the alt-right the wrong way.

Clearly people have too much time on their hands... SMH
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Where were the alt-right back in the Atari days? I heard that the guy driving the tank in Combat is GAY.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Where were the alt-right back in the Atari days? I heard that the guy driving the tank in Combat is GAY.

They were too busy getting off to Custer's Revenge to notice.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Anyone thinks $190 is a fair price for a new ps3? Its the cheapest I found. If I replace the archaic HDD and new Dual Shock controller it will cost me $100.

Also, I hear Dual shock is hard to come by now...
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

RCBH928 wrote:Anyone thinks $190 is a fair price for a new ps3? Its the cheapest I found. If I replace the archaic HDD and new Dual Shock controller it will cost me $100.

New PS3 supply has been drying up for a while now, so it might be prudent to look for used instead unless you find one on clearance. Not sure on brand new Dual Shock 3s - Amazon seems to still have them at MSRP.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

RCBH928 wrote:Anyone thinks $190 is a fair price for a new ps3? Its the cheapest I found. If I replace the archaic HDD and new Dual Shock controller it will cost me $100.

You can get a used one for sub $100 at most pawns or even on Amazon Warehouse Deals. With AWD just stay away from "acceptable" listings since those are notorious for not having controllers.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh ... 1490357156

Probably the best deal if you want the largest official hd size.

PS3 500 GB Grand Theft Auto V Bundle (G) $126.30 after tax.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hey you guys, great news! The long lost PC port of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties has finally been located and shared online!

https://archive.org/details/PLUMBER_201703

Of course when I say "great news" my tongue is in my cheek, and yet... I'll probably totally play it because it's a notoriously awful 90's artifact of the awful decadence of the "multimedia boom".

And Bogus will play it. If he didn't already play it on 3DO.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Sarge wrote:There is certainly legitimate criticism that can be leveled at her, but pretty much as par for the course, some gamers are awful. (Just like people in general, how 'bout that?)

Some of the more detailed responses/explanations of the Andromeda glitches (such as this one) seem to indicate that's probably not the fault of the animators either way.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

noiseredux wrote:hey you guys, great news! The long lost PC port of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties has finally been located and shared online!

Of course when I say "great news" my tongue is in my cheek, and yet... I'll probably totally play it because it's a notoriously awful 90's artifact of the awful decadence of the "multimedia boom".

Oh you know I am going to play it! Will probably do that today! You can rest assured the stranger the game, the more I am inclined to play it. This is coming from a guy who played the God awful fmv game starring rob Schneider as an interdimensional fantasy hero.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
noiseredux wrote:hey you guys, great news! The long lost PC port of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties has finally been located and shared online!

Oh you know I am going to play it! Will probably do that today! You can rest assured the stranger the game, the more I am inclined to play it. This is coming from a guy who played the God awful fmv game starring rob Schneider as an interdimensional fantasy hero.

So you've played real life then, eh?