Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

You could randomly walk into my house and have a good chance of seeing me playing an Atari Jaguar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I was just playing some Bulk Slash on my Japanese Saturn. What an underrated gem. I'd love a remake in UE4 for PS4.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Anybody know any sites or youtube channels that are good to look at for indie game reviews? I've been trying to look some here and there, but there's just so many danged indie games I don't know which are or aren't worth it other than the really high profile games.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Anybody know any sites or youtube channels that are good to look at for indie game reviews? I've been trying to look some here and there, but there's just so many danged indie games I don't know which are or aren't worth it other than the really high profile games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ADDatWorkProductions

Indie Games Searchlight is a very good Youtube channel. He does more in depth reviews and focuses on more 'Retro' inspired indie games. He looks at a wide variety of them from the very popular to the utterly obscure. Each episode is a good length and by the end, you really begin to understand the game he is talking about.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:I'm fine w/ the Xbox One dashboard. I mean... I don't really need to "navigate" it much. What do y'all need to look at other than your installed games and friends list? I guess if you use media apps there's that too. But still, the Xbox One UI just throws your most recently used stuff front and center, right? And you can access your installed games and friends list w/ just a couple of button presses. Seems fine and perfectly intuitive to me.

I like that Microsoft keeps trying new things with the dash to make it better to navigate.

That being said I really dislike the newest updates to the dash, many things that were one button press away are now window upon window deep in the UI. The biggest irk I have with the new UI is that you can no longer see an active party from the first menu pop-up. It used to be I could go left to the party tab, see that my friends were all in one party and click join. Now I have to go the friends section (which no longer is a list of friends) click on the first area of that which opens the actual friends list, see if any of them are in a party, click on that friend to see if it's the party I want to join, and then click on that to join (it should be noted that I am like 4 cascaded windows deep at this point, what is this Windows 3.1?)
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Markies wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:Anybody know any sites or youtube channels that are good to look at for indie game reviews? I've been trying to look some here and there, but there's just so many danged indie games I don't know which are or aren't worth it other than the really high profile games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ADDatWorkProductions

Indie Games Searchlight is a very good Youtube channel. He does more in depth reviews and focuses on more 'Retro' inspired indie games. He looks at a wide variety of them from the very popular to the utterly obscure. Each episode is a good length and by the end, you really begin to understand the game he is talking about.

Thanks! Though it does look like it's been a while since they've released any videos, which makes me nervous.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I must be getting out of touch or really old...
As spectacular as PS4 or Xbox One S is performance wise, its only $270 with a bundled game. Thats cheaper than the Wii at launch adjusted to inflation.

I feel like Henry Ford looking at a Tesla
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh man my daughter is sooooo excited about the arrival of the Famicom Transformers game. It's shipping from Japan so we'll have to wait another 7-10 days or so. She's been asking to check the package tracking daily, she's been looking at screenshots on GameFAQs..... I even let her watch the AVGN review (a bad idea in retrospect). The game is notoriously awful, but I think she's too young to comprehend what a "bad game" is.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Someone on Twitter made this awesome drawing of Ryudo from Grandia II playing some Switch games. Never would have imagined this combo but made me smile seeing it.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

this is only kinda sorta gaming related*, but... I'm looking for some kind of small table to go next to the couch in my game room that could easily like... swivel (?) so that I could have a laptop right in front of me on the couch. I don't know if I'm saying this right. I don't want to keep a table IN FRONT of the couch, I want something off to the side that can easily be turned or something so that the flat surface is in front of the couch. There's a million different options along these lines on Amazon, so I'm just curious if anyone has one and recommends a specific unit.

*That way I could technically have Netflix or whatever on my TV while streaming the Xbox to my Surface Pro if I wanted to do so.