Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Look, I get if some here on ol' RB want to stick with the 4bit systems and all,

What's wrong with enjoying prototype microprocessor-controlled pinball machines from 1974?

No, he has a point. PC gaming is pretty awesome these days. I'd hate to play Doom on a pinball machine...though I'd do it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Oh, I agree with you. I was just doing my best to find some sort of game that used a 4-bit microprocessor; the greater computer industry moved to 8 bit pretty quickly.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Amen brother! All games are amazing, past present and future, but these last few years have legitimately been the best time to play video games. There is not a single genre uncovered, any style not popular. Everything is awesome.

This reflects my thoughts on the gaming industry perfectly. Not only does this gen offer a ton of modern day masterpieces, but retro themed indies are booming and there are tons of games that play like the classics but are greatly improved in a variety of ways.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Well, I finally played Bloodborne. Nope never again. The frame pacing is so fucking horrible! I honestly was getting very dizzy and got a headache after a couple hours. The first time that's happened to me from a game. Hours later I still have a migraine from it. Deleted it off my PS4 and will never play again.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I have been anti-nintendo ever sense they went the "casual" way with games on the Wii, but given how successful the Switch is, I might get one if they eventually get 3rd party support and retro releases like on ps3. I think I reached an age where I am too old or lazy to sit infront of a TV and play a game. If they choose to stick with their original IPs then no Switch for me. I am not interested to play 1 more Mario Kart or Mario Tennis.

You would think that huge sales will bring in 3rd party support but with the Wii it didn't happen. I mean the blockbuster titles (not shovel ware). The switch is already getting Skyrim, Dark Souls, Bayonetta 2, and Doom! I understand the Wii was a different animal but so is the Switch.

Speaking of sales, PS4 is already 75M units sold in less than 4 years. Is it possible its on the road on being the best selling console of all time?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Wii had plenty of good games, not Shovelware. Fragile Dreams, Lost in Shadow are some of the coolest games no one played and it has a good chunk of great RPGs. I'm glad to see deblob hit PS4 as it was a great game. Wii had plenty to offer but sadly a lot of good stuff was overlooked because of the sea of shit they floated in much like early 80s Atari games.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

RCBH928 wrote:I have been anti-nintendo ever sense they went the "casual" way with games on the Wii, but given how successful the Switch is, I might get one if they eventually get 3rd party support and retro releases like on ps3. I think I reached an age where I am too old or lazy to sit infront of a TV and play a game. If they choose to stick with their original IPs then no Switch for me. I am not interested to play 1 more Mario Kart or Mario Tennis.

You would think that huge sales will bring in 3rd party support but with the Wii it didn't happen. I mean the blockbuster titles (not shovel ware). The switch is already getting Skyrim, Dark Souls, Bayonetta 2, and Doom! I understand the Wii was a different animal but so is the Switch.

Speaking of sales, PS4 is already 75M units sold in less than 4 years. Is it possible its on the road on being the best selling console of all time?

Maybe try looking now, there’s plenty of 3rd party options in switch already
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Segata wrote:Wii had plenty of good games, not Shovelware. Fragile Dreams, Lost in Shadow are some of the coolest games no one played and it has a good chunk of great RPGs. I'm glad to see deblob hit PS4 as it was a great game. Wii had plenty to offer but sadly a lot of good stuff was overlooked because of the sea of shit they floated in much like early 80s Atari games.

If you go hunting for them yes, I believe most consoles released had good games but you always have to compare them with the competition. The Saturn is a lot of fun if the PSX didn't exist. Unless you are into niche titles, 360/ps3 offering completely destroys the Wii's 3rd party titles.

I always felt N64 and Wii had a lot more potential. Especially the Wii.

alienjesus wrote:Maybe try looking now, there’s plenty of 3rd party options in switch already

Thats what I am thinking, it already has some options so furhter in the future if they get even more options, higher storage capacity, and maybe lower price it will be very tempting to buy. The dream would be if it could be modded to run emulations like the Wii.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

RCBH928 wrote:The Saturn is a lot of fun if the PSX didn't exist.

I'm not following how the Playstation existing makes the Saturn not fun.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Gunstar Green wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:The Saturn is a lot of fun if the PSX didn't exist.

I'm not following how the Playstation existing makes the Saturn not fun.

I think he means that the Saturn would have done better and had much more interest from developers if there had been no Sony PlayStation. But I could be wrong.