Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by pierrot »

Markies wrote:But, still, I'm going to missing walking into his store and seeing what is available.

There was a store kind of like that around me a number of years ago. I got some incredible deals on things I would probably not own otherwise (all of my arcade hardware and software, sealed Rule of Rose (which I actually sold a long time ago), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Gotcha Force, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (US), etc). He always went by 'head-pricing,' so it could be a bit of work having to ask him a price on everything, but he was usually willing to make a deal on bundles of stuff, and was just a cool guy who was in it for the love of video games. Unfortunately he sold it all off to a couple kids who changed the business to a more ebay based pricing scheme. I went in there once after it changed hands, and was not impressed by it. They, unsurprisingly to me, are not there anymore. I don't remember what they had changed the name of the business to, though, so it is possible they changed locations, or just moved everything entirely to ebay.

It's sad that some really cool businesses aren't really profitable, a lot of times.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I think I should play Tactics Ogre. Seems like I would enjoy it.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
ayumarcan
8-bit

Post by ayumarcan »

All out of a sudden I realised there're not so many games that combine fantasy and sci-fi in a more or less gracious way. I know RF online, but correct me if I'm wrong. Would love to discover more games that are like this one.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Erik_Twice wrote:I think I should play Tactics Ogre. Seems like I would enjoy it.

Did you play Ogre Battle at all, before? I really enjoyed the story, and production values in the Saturn version of Tactics Ogre. I find the tactical battles to get kind of dull after a while, though, and really didn't enjoy the gameplay at all by the end. I was too invested in the story to stop, though. Oddly, I think I liked Ogre Battle's gameplay a bit more, overall, which is kind of weird, because I didn't really like Ogre Battle very much in general. They're both pretty good games, though. Not my favorites, but pretty good.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I both love and hate when a game is so well made that I have no one to blame but me for my deaths. I love it because that's good design, and I hate it because FUCK!!! WHY?!? I HAD IT!! AND THEN I THREW IT ALL AWAY!!!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

strangenova wrote:I both love and hate when a game is so well made that I have no one to blame but me for my deaths. I love it because that's good design, and I hate it because FUCK!!! WHY?!? I HAD IT!! AND THEN I THREW IT ALL AWAY!!!

Have you played 1001 Spikes? If not, you’ll definitely have a love/hate relationship with it. So we’ll-made...so much death. :lol:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

PresidentLeever wrote:Anyone know what's next for DoctorM64 (Another Metroid 2 Remake dev)?

I thought some developer picked him up right after it launched haha, maybe I'm thinking of someone else though.
Kowalski
8-bit

Post by Kowalski »

I'm not sleeping well for the last two weeks because of grinding in Lineage Classic. What confuses me the most is that I need to grind five times more to complete one of the four spirits. Just a random thought.
Ack

Post by Ack »

There have been a lot of folks on here to talk about Lineage lately. It's interesting the trends that come out of the woodwork.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ack wrote:There have been a lot of folks on here to talk about Lineage lately. It's interesting the trends that come out of the woodwork.

I'm down! Even if it is some sort of advertising ploy, I think any love for old MMOs is a good one. At least lineage isn't a bad malware riddled game thankfully!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.