Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by MrPopo »

It would require Konami to admit that Castlevania was good as is, rather than their terrible attempt to reboot it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

What I don't get is Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth did well (considering it was exclusive to Wii Ware). It wasn't the best game of the original formula, but it was reviewed well. I thought it was a solid game. I realize it was developed by M2 and not directly by Konami, but still. Did the success of this game say nothing to Konami? Have M2 make another Castlevania game, or at least remake another one! Can you picture a remake of CV3 with the same A/V style as ReBirth? People would go nuts over that! Especially now that the NetFlix series is so popular.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I have a feeling Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online is kinda telling us there will never be another traditional Fallout or Elder Scrolls again?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ziggy587 wrote:What I don't get is Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth did well (considering it was exclusive to Wii Ware). It wasn't the best game of the original formula, but it was reviewed well. I thought it was a solid game. I realize it was developed by M2 and not directly by Konami, but still. Did the success of this game say nothing to Konami? Have M2 make another Castlevania game, or at least remake another one! Can you picture a remake of CV3 with the same A/V style as ReBirth? People would go nuts over that! Especially now that the NetFlix series is so popular.

Again, Konami and admitting Shadows was a terrible idea. Not going to happen.

I have a feeling Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online is kinda telling us there will never be another traditional Fallout or Elder Scrolls again?

Except in the same presentation as they announced 76 they announced TES 6, and that it would be a single player game.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

MrPopo wrote:Again, Konami and admitting Shadows was a terrible idea. Not going to happen.

The LoS games weren't bad though - first one was actually pretty great once it got going - and really wouldn't prevent other games or remakes.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I'm just thankful Konami hasn't turned their back on arcade rhythm games.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Nemoide wrote:I'm just thankful Konami hasn't turned their back on arcade rhythm games.

Or Pro Evo.

I think the best we'll get from Konami on the Castlevania front is the TV show as they clearly prioritise gambling as their main revenue source these days. We did get the Anniversary Collection last year so it's not all doom and gloom. And there's always Bloodstained.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

https://smile.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Offi ... 957&sr=8-2
Is this worth buying? Anyone have one?
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

SamuraiMegas wrote:https://smile.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Official-Controller-Genesis-Nintendo/dp/B07XWL1573/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=sega+saturn+usb&qid=1586241957&sr=8-2
Is this worth buying? Anyone have one?

I have the Genesis one and liked it but heard reports of the Saturn one having build quality issues. Mainly the Dpad breaking off.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

USB converter for a regular Saturn pad would be better then I guess. I think I have a controller somewhere around the house.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread