Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Ziggy »

I was never a fan of the AVGN series, but I love just about everything else Cinemassacre puts out.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Ziggy587 wrote:I was never a fan of the AVGN series, but I love just about everything else Cinemassacre puts out.

I think it's common these days for people to like James Rolfe more than his character which has aged kind of poorly (I think he's aware of this since most recent AVGN stuff focuses more on history and information than the old stuff did). Also he's definitely a much bigger movie nerd than he is a video game nerd so I feel like there's more passion behind that stuff.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Dudes Gunlord X is awesome.

...thanks for heads up, I can't say that I've ever heard of Gunlord X. Looking at the trailer for it though it seems like good stuff, now I'm trying to decide if I wait for the 2nd physical run or just download it...I'm leaning physical.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

In video ads for YouTubers are given a pass because that's one of the few ways they are still able to monetize their content. Ad payouts are literally like 1/10th of what they were 6-7 years ago, unfortunately.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

They're also easier to skip (if you don't use an adblocker).
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

A roommate actually said that even GameCube stuff is outdated because "newer stuff does it better"... Except for the stuff she's nostalgic for of course... I just can't.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Skyward Sword talk went here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53272
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

You ever just fire up an RPG you have not played in months or years. See an old save file of a dozen hours or more and just delete it? May as well I don't remember what happened or where to go.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Segata wrote:You ever just fire up an RPG you have not played in months or years. See an old save file of a dozen hours or more and just delete it? May as well I don't remember what happened or where to go.

For RPGs, if I have not played it in months then I don't care to continue where I left off. It's not just forgetting the story and where to go, it's all the systems and mechanics. Games ease you into them. But 15+ hours in they're usually at full swing. So to jump back in, it would be a steeper learning curve to re-learn everything.

There's a few RPGs that I had stalled playing and then never returned to, but it makes me sad. Final Fantasy XII comes to mind. I was 20-30 hours in when I put it down. But I was really enjoying it. When this happens, knowing that I want to start over but had already investing many hours into it keeps me from ever playing it again. I always wanted to start FF12 over, but haven't yet. Luckily it was re-released, so now I feel better about re-starting it.

Xenoblade Chronicles was another, I had 30+ hours when I stopped playing. But I picked up the remasterd version on the Switch and started playing that. Now I'm 50 hours in and taking a break. Hopefully I don't abandon it again!

Final Fantasy V is probably the worst example for me. I was really enjoying it, so I don't know why I stopped playing. But I made it up to just before the final boss.

Shining the Holy Ark is one that I had to start over 2 or 3 times now, but I still haven't played all the way through it. I'm not sure why, because I really like the game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Me: Visual novels are the pinnacle of literary art. The method in which they weave an emotionally impactful narrative is astounding.

Visual novels: