Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Anyone else excited for the upcoming re-release of Skyrim?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/14 ... 8354709511
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I didn't even get around to playing the original. Why a game like GTA5 and Skyrim continue to be popular 10 years later, unlike online multiplayer, those are story driven so it just makes me scratch my head on how people somehow keep playing them like being just released.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Is it really considered a re-release if the upgrade is available for free to those who have the legendary edition? And then replacing the store listing from LE to this new one and removing that old listing?

Edit: yeah maybe if the cost was more for the new listing I can see an argument for the game being a re-release in the traditional sense.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

they are making games faster than I can play them
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

What's the best way for me to play No More Heroes 1 & 2? I would most likely be emulating it.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

RCBH928 wrote:they are making games faster than I can play them

...honestly, if you have a Switch you could just grab the game digitally there (I think both games are $20). I actually don't know anything about Wii emulation.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Won't say what game yet as I wanna make a video for it in October, but, I beaten this FMV game. Some stuff seemed a bit too familiar to me, but I brushed it off. Upon doing research I was looking up the company. Turns out they're based in my city. I booted up the game again skipping everything except going through the map. Turns out it's my city all along. Even tweeted the movie theatre a picture of the inside of their theatre in the game and apparently I'm the first patron to mention it to them.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

One thing I started to appreciate while playing Far Cry Primal on the Xbox is the achievement percentage system. I love the fact that it tells you how many players unlocked that achievement.

I don’t remember the exact numbers but about 85% of players of that game unlocked that first achievement. That most likely means that 15% of the players didn’t even bother finishing the first mission.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Gucci wrote:One thing I started to appreciate while playing Far Cry Primal on the Xbox is the achievement percentage system. I love the fact that it tells you how many players unlocked that achievement.

I don’t remember the exact numbers but about 85% of players of that game unlocked that first achievement. That most likely means that 15% of the players didn’t even bother finishing the first mission.

How many have never touched it v. how many started it and didn't like it?
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

That I don’t know. I think the percentage only includes the players that actually booted the game up at least once. So I assume that 15% of the player base for the game didn’t like it.

Here’s the first achievement:

And here is the second achievement after the second story mission:

So I assume that a total of 35% of the player based dropped out after the first mission.

Lastly here’s an achievement not tied to the story:

So a little more than 1/5 of the player base went all in on the attack owl.

The only thing I’m not 100% sure about is the wording: does “gamers” mean the ENTIRE Xbox player base or just the game player base. A couple of sources say that it only captures the players that sign onto online with the game loaded.