Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 36271
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by noiseredux Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:37 am

I'm fine w/ the Xbox One dashboard. I mean... I don't really need to "navigate" it much. What do y'all need to look at other than your installed games and friends list? I guess if you use media apps there's that too. But still, the Xbox One UI just throws your most recently used stuff front and center, right? And you can access your installed games and friends list w/ just a couple of button presses. Seems fine and perfectly intuitive to me.
Image
User avatar
RCBH928
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:50 am

I was going to say that the Wii was the oldest supported console with Just Dance 2017 being released for it until I learned PES 2014 was released on PS2. Still more impressive though because I have this idea that ps2 owners are more loyal to their console than the Wii.

Other than Nintendo loyalists, I really have a hard time imagining walking into someone's home and seeing they still play Wii. Some people are starting to refer to the Wii as their "childhood" console which makes sense if he was 13 in 2010. That being said, I still have some backlog.... :?
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am

You could randomly walk into my house and have a good chance of seeing me playing an Atari Jaguar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
Image
User avatar
Segata
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Segata Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 pm

I was just playing some Bulk Slash on my Japanese Saturn. What an underrated gem. I'd love a remake in UE4 for PS4.
Image
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Image
User avatar
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 am

Anybody know any sites or youtube channels that are good to look at for indie game reviews? I've been trying to look some here and there, but there's just so many danged indie games I don't know which are or aren't worth it other than the really high profile games.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
User avatar
Markies
128-bit
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Markies Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Anybody know any sites or youtube channels that are good to look at for indie game reviews? I've been trying to look some here and there, but there's just so many danged indie games I don't know which are or aren't worth it other than the really high profile games.


https://www.youtube.com/user/ADDatWorkProductions

Indie Games Searchlight is a very good Youtube channel. He does more in depth reviews and focuses on more 'Retro' inspired indie games. He looks at a wide variety of them from the very popular to the utterly obscure. Each episode is a good length and by the end, you really begin to understand the game he is talking about.
Image
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9444
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Stark Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:52 pm

noiseredux wrote:I'm fine w/ the Xbox One dashboard. I mean... I don't really need to "navigate" it much. What do y'all need to look at other than your installed games and friends list? I guess if you use media apps there's that too. But still, the Xbox One UI just throws your most recently used stuff front and center, right? And you can access your installed games and friends list w/ just a couple of button presses. Seems fine and perfectly intuitive to me.

I like that Microsoft keeps trying new things with the dash to make it better to navigate.

That being said I really dislike the newest updates to the dash, many things that were one button press away are now window upon window deep in the UI. The biggest irk I have with the new UI is that you can no longer see an active party from the first menu pop-up. It used to be I could go left to the party tab, see that my friends were all in one party and click join. Now I have to go the friends section (which no longer is a list of friends) click on the first area of that which opens the actual friends list, see if any of them are in a party, click on that friend to see if it's the party I want to join, and then click on that to join (it should be noted that I am like 4 cascaded windows deep at this point, what is this Windows 3.1?)
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:43 am

Markies wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:Anybody know any sites or youtube channels that are good to look at for indie game reviews? I've been trying to look some here and there, but there's just so many danged indie games I don't know which are or aren't worth it other than the really high profile games.


https://www.youtube.com/user/ADDatWorkProductions

Indie Games Searchlight is a very good Youtube channel. He does more in depth reviews and focuses on more 'Retro' inspired indie games. He looks at a wide variety of them from the very popular to the utterly obscure. Each episode is a good length and by the end, you really begin to understand the game he is talking about.

Thanks! Though it does look like it's been a while since they've released any videos, which makes me nervous.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
User avatar
RCBH928
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 am

I must be getting out of touch or really old...
As spectacular as PS4 or Xbox One S is performance wise, its only $270 with a bundled game. Thats cheaper than the Wii at launch adjusted to inflation.

I feel like Henry Ford looking at a Tesla
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 17780
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Oh man my daughter is sooooo excited about the arrival of the Famicom Transformers game. It's shipping from Japan so we'll have to wait another 7-10 days or so. She's been asking to check the package tracking daily, she's been looking at screenshots on GameFAQs..... I even let her watch the AVGN review (a bad idea in retrospect). The game is notoriously awful, but I think she's too young to comprehend what a "bad game" is.
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests