Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by marurun »

I can continue to re-download the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection as much as I need to. Steam retains games that are no longer sold.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

marurun wrote:I can continue to re-download the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection as much as I need to. Steam retains games that are no longer sold.

That's because (fortunately) the rights to be able to list a product for sale and the ability for a customer to re-download a lisense they've already paid for are not the same thing. What a horrible bullshittery-fest that'd be :/
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Well I'll be--. Eriko really does end up being completely nude in the true ending of the Japanese version of Illbleed. The more you know.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

pierrot wrote:I'm not really sure why you would want this. I don't think there would be anything gained from it, unlike the Monkey Island remasters. If I remember correctly, this wasn't an option, though..

Well.. its part of the experience to play retro games. Part of the joy, is to experience the old style.

Ziggy587 wrote:Pay us money until this date.

OK.

::This date arrives::

Do you want to continue to pay us money?

No.

::Item removed from service::

I thought when they took games down its the wish of the copy-right holder to not sell this game anymore. It happened with me with the original Fallout on GOG. But If others are still selling it, why did you take it down? I assumed, and especially steam, is that they wanted their library as vast as possible to make it a one-stop for all gamers.

btw, whas the deal with GreenManGaming, whats their angle? Are they like DRM free or what makes them different?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I always said how dumb it was people paid 1000 bucks for a copy of Cheetamen 2. It's trash. Then this week I bought Night Trap from LRG. Granted it's 30 bucks but the idea of going through the trouble it was to wake up early and prepare just to buy an awful "game". The one I never played and just know it's status in gaming history. I do have ET on Atari and the only Atari game I own but I paid $2 for it 7 years ago. I'm not against buying historically bad games but I don't understand paying a grand for one. I don't care if they are rare, it's still a horrible game. Probably hypocritical.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Segata wrote:I always said how dumb it was people paid 1000 bucks for a copy of Cheetamen 2. It's trash. Then this week I bought Night Trap from LRG. Granted it's 30 bucks but the idea of going through the trouble it was to wake up early and prepare just to buy an awful "game". The one I never played and just know it's status in gaming history. I do have ET on Atari and the only Atari game I own but I paid $2 for it 7 years ago. I'm not against buying historically bad games but I don't understand paying a grand for one. I don't care if they are rare, it's still a horrible game. Probably hypocritical.

I think people value things according to their significance. I don't believe anything is worth its "collection" price, I think everything is worth at most its original price. That is unless there is an added value discovered later on. $1000 is a lot but for collectors its all about rarity and how much they value it. For example, depending on a celebrity a signed photo might be trash for one person and to the other it might be worth thousands.

Also, I don't believe collectors buy games at $1000 caring about the quality of the game because they probably can emulate it for free.

But then this opens another discussion, why do people value bad games (or movies) in the first place? Like Cheetamen or Night Trap.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

If yall have $0.99 you don't know what to do with, consider support Yotes Games. Tony's a good friend of mine, and while he's only got one not-free-bullshit game, he's hoping to wrap up development on his big project towards the end of this year, and I'm super stoked for that.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

GwennBergey

Post by GwennBergey »

marurun wrote:I can continue to re-download the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection as much as I need to. Steam retains games that are no longer sold.

wow, I didn't know about retaining, was afraid to loose my Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven copy. Thanks for the info :D
Have a nice time posting here!
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Saturday will be a good day to die with honor. I will have a tribble in one hand and a Kirks head in the oth...oh wait, I mean..erm. I will have Night Trap in one hand and Yakuza Kiwami in the other.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

According to this Yakuza 2 may be set for a remake.

Prepare yourselves.