CNN Fails at Gaming

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Damm64
Next-Gen

Re: CNN Fails at Gaming

Post by Damm64 »

ooh man... my eyes hurt...
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

I don't see how Wii U is any more confusing than almost every other consoles newer model. Sega seems to be the only company that gave every system a unique name, at least in the US.

Nintendo:
Nintendo Entertaintment System
Super Nintendo Entertaintment System
Famicom
Super Famicom
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Virtual Boy
DS
3DS

Sony:
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation Portable
Playstation Vita

Microsoft:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

The packaging usually changes the dramatically each new gen. 3ds games are in the same cases as ds games except that they are white. Wii game cases are already white I'm willing to bet Wii U cases won't do much to distinguish themselves from Wii cases.

Every example just given had very different looks to how the games were packaged. Every new playstation did something different as did the nes and snes. Not so much the Xboxes though I guess.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

3DS cases aren't just white, they are also noticeably slimmer compared to DS cases.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

According to Larry Frum's twitter account, he says he didn't write the article the way we see it. Uh huh.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://bit.ly/LqliMf

They're just EXCITED! :lol:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I dont blame him to be honest, the console looks similar to the WIi more than the Xbox slim looks to the regular 360 .

Of course there is a graphical jump over the Wii, but is it more powerful than the current ps3(look at uncharted) ? so he maybe got confused its not a NEW system when the 2006 system beats it in graphics.

Its scaled Wii U, sounds more like an add on than a new console. Consoles usually have a number to symbolize the next generation or a full different name(gamecube->wii) . The Wii U probably is a confusing name.

none the less, the journalist still is ignorant, but you have to give some of the blame on Nintendo. They are launching the system in a time when no one else is, so its easy for the average joe to think its an add-on like the Wii MotionPlus, Wii balance board, Wii zapper, Wii Wheel, Classic Controller Pro, so Wii U is maybe part of that list
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:
flex wood wrote:Umm this is what people said was going to happen. Nintendo isn't making it very clear that this is a new console with the Wii U name. People are going to feel cheated when they buy a game that says Wii on the box but doesn't work in their Wii. I can't see this stupid Wii u name being a good thing in the long run.

I agree. I even wonder now how many non-(sigh)-hardcore gamers buy 3DS games only to find out that don't work in their DS?

I wonder if they would if you cut off those little tabs the top. Hmmmmm.........

But yeah, I wish all consoles had distinct names instead of Wii/Wii U, PS/PS2/PS3, Xbox/Xbox 360, etc. Sega's the only company that did this correctly.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Where does Larry say that Wii U is only a controller?
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Luke wrote:Where does Larry say that Wii U is only a controller?

Apparently they fixed the article and didn't add a footnote that explains the correction...