Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - make your lists!

by YoshiEgg25 Fri May 11, 2012 4:49 pm

My list is gonna be a bit shorter this summer.

1. Backyard Baseball [PC]
2. Conker's Bad Fur Day [N64]
3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX [GBC]
4. Nibbler [Arcade] (reach and beat Wave 99)
5. Robotron: 2084 [Arcade] (break 1,000,000 points)
Personal high scores (world record underlined):
Nibbler (arcade, marathon): 251,169,160 (12/26-27/2013) / Nibbler (arcade, one life): 5,263,360 (8/3/2013)
Donkey Kong (arcade): 256,200 [L8-2] (1/16/2016) / Donkey Kong (MAME): 423,100 [L12-1] (8/5/2015)
Avalanche (arcade): 3,451 (1/11/2012)
Q*Bert (arcade): 333,720 [L9 flipped] (1/5/2013)
Star Fire (MAME): 850 (7/23/2015)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm

noiseredux wrote:if you guys play RE4, I'll join in. I've started in the past, but never got too far.

Is Orta the one that got ported to PS2 as part of Sega Ages?

Pretty sure Orta is XBox only. I'd imagine the one on Sega Ages is the Saturn Panzer Dragoon.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri May 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Ok, so last year I did all PS1 titles. This year, I'm doing all PS2. I *think* this is my list, though it's not finalized yet, so please feel free to chime in.

Devil May Cry - never played any DMC games.

God of War - never played any GoW games.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City - I liked Vice City Stories a lot.

Half-Life - never played HL or HL2, and am not well versed in FPS games.

Haunting Ground - I'm a fan of Clock Tower, so this has intrigued me.

Indigo Prophecy - loved Heavy Rain, so really want to go back to this.

Mega Man X7 - I figured a hated game is as interesting as an adored game.

Raiden III - I wanted to throw a shmup on. But I'm iffy. I've gotten really into just playing for score in shmups, so not sure I want to keep this.

SSX3 - I've only played Tricky, but 3 looks amazing.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - I've only played VF2 on Genesis and hated it.

**had considered playing either Kingdom Hearts or FFX-2 as both have intrigued me, but they seem like they're really really long games so not sure I could swing it. Also considered Street Racing Syndicate to get a racing game in there, but I don't think it's critically acclaimed or anything.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm

noiseredux wrote:Ok, so last year I did all PS1 titles. This year, I'm doing all PS2. I *think* this is my list, though it's not finalized yet, so please feel free to chime in.

Devil May Cry - never played any DMC games.

God of War - never played any GoW games.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City - I liked Vice City Stories a lot.

Half-Life - never played HL or HL2, and am not well versed in FPS games.

Haunting Ground - I'm a fan of Clock Tower, so this has intrigued me.

Indigo Prophecy - loved Heavy Rain, so really want to go back to this.

Mega Man X7 - I figured a hated game is as interesting as an adored game.

Raiden III - I wanted to throw a shmup on. But I'm iffy. I've gotten really into just playing for score in shmups, so not sure I want to keep this.

SSX3 - I've only played Tricky, but 3 looks amazing.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - I've only played VF2 on Genesis and hated it.

**had considered playing either Kingdom Hearts or FFX-2 as both have intrigued me, but they seem like they're really really long games so not sure I could swing it. Also considered Street Racing Syndicate to get a racing game in there, but I don't think it's critically acclaimed or anything.

Haunting Ground and VF4 aren't really "classics" even if we stretch that definition. I'd replace at least one of your games with a Burnout title (as we've discussed) or even MGS3 (since someone else is playing it). You have (I think) largely unplayed versions of Espgaluda, Ibara, and Gradius V, all of which are listed here. Raiden III is nowhere to be seen...

Oh, and get MMX7 out of there.
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri May 11, 2012 8:08 pm

dsheinem wrote:Haunting Ground and VF4 aren't really "classics" even if we stretch that definition. I'd replace at least one of your games with a Burnout title (as we've discussed) or even MGS3 (since someone else is playing it). You have (I think) largely unplayed versions of Espgaluda, Ibara, and Gradius V, all of which are listed here. Raiden III is nowhere to be seen...

Much like last year, I don't really care if they're "classics." I use this thread as a means to play games that are classics, infamous, or just things I wouldn't play otherwise.

I actually bought and added VF4 because I thought *you'd* want me to. You were shocked once when I said I didn't like VF series based on my only experiencing 2 on Genesis. And 4 certainly gets a lot of hype for the series. No?

I bought about 30 PS2 games this month, so I'm not adding anything I don't own right now. So Burnout and MGS3 are out, as I didn't find them cheap. If I were to play a MGS it would have been 2 anyway. But didn't find that cheap either.

I do have those shmups you listed, but I'm not even sure I want Raiden on the list. I'm not really interested in credit feeding shmups anymore. And I've never 1CC'd anything, so that's a tall order to attempt amongst 9 other games. I'm much more interested in playing those games for score on a single credit at my own pace, as that's pretty much my biggest pleasure in gaming these days. I would be willing to swap Raiden III with Gradius V however if I kept a shmup.

MMX7 I feel pretty good about, because as I said, I'm just as interested in playing through a hated game as a loved one.

...but I'm still open to other suggestions if I happen to own them.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Orta rules, and is Xbox360 compatible.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri May 11, 2012 8:14 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Haunting Ground and VF4 aren't really "classics" even if we stretch that definition. I'd replace at least one of your games with a Burnout title (as we've discussed) or even MGS3 (since someone else is playing it). You have (I think) largely unplayed versions of Espgaluda, Ibara, and Gradius V, all of which are listed here. Raiden III is nowhere to be seen...

Much like last year, I don't really care if they're "classics." I use this thread as a means to play games that are classics, infamous, or just things I wouldn't play otherwise....

ok, fair enough.

VF4 is ok, and I was surprised at one point that you don't like the series but then again you don't like Tekken either, so I'm not sure if VF4 is the right fighter for you. You seem to like mostly 2D fighters or a few 3D with good jiggle physics :lol:

If you want to play for a 1cc, Raiden 3 is a decent pick.
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 pm

In.

1) San Andreas (PS2)
2) Ultimate Alliance 2 (360)
3) Superman (Genesis)
4) Batman Returns (nes)
5) Sonic Generations (360)
6) Bionic Commando Re-armed (360)
7) Duck Tales 1&2 (nes/supergameboy)
8) Super Hang-On tournament mode (genesis)
9) Perfect season with the Sharks on NHL Hockey(Genesis)
10) Half Life 2 (oxbox)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 pm

dsheinem wrote:VF4 is ok, and I was surprised at one point that you don't like the series but then again you don't like Tekken either, so I'm not sure if VF4 is the right fighter for you.

I liked Tekken 2 back in the day. So I don't know?

You seem to like mostly 2D fighters or a few 3D with good jiggle physics :lol:

Yeah I love 2D fighters. But DOA rules, man! :lol:

If you want to play for a 1cc, Raiden 3 is a decent pick.

That was sort of my thought. If I DO add a shmup, I thought I'd want to aim for one that a 1CC was attainable to a guy who's never attained one. You think Raiden III is a possibility for me?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri May 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Luke wrote:5) Sonic Generations (360)

You haven't played it yet? OMG! You are in for such a treat!
Return to General Gaming