Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Razzmatazz
64-bit

Re: Favorite Tony Hawk Game?

by Razzmatazz Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Tony Hawks 2 on Dreamcast. First one I played but it was perfect, soundtrack was the best and I still have the sound of gaps when you get them. I've played 3,4, THUG and Project 8 but 2 was perfection. I'd like to play 3 and 4 more as they also had top soundtracks. I'm not sure why but I tend to judge skating games on their music more than anything, maybe as THPS games are very similar gameplay wise.
Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Check out my album reviews at the home of rap reviews, http://www.rapreviews.com (NEW SITE COMING 2015)
jay_red
Next-Gen

by jay_red Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:00 pm

I just popped 2 into the old dreamcast last night, with VGA on my hdtv it looked pretty good. I can confirm that there is no fog, infact I was a little surprised by the draw distance. i have to say that I wasn't feeling the soundtrack as much as other installmetns, there were only like 2 songs that I really liked.

Thinking about it I never really played the 4th one, I know it was the first to go to the open world style, I might give it a shot.

Someone mentioned American Sk8land on the DS, and I forgot about that one, it was actually pretty fun, it felt kind of like the older installments.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

just dn't forget we're doing THPS2 for Together Retro in a few months guys...
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh yeah, the Xbox version supports custom soundtracks too I believe.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Which one had CKY's 96 Quite Bitter Beings on the soundtrack? A friend of mine used to have that one on the Gamecube (I think) and i played it just to listen to that song. haha Can't remember which one it was though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

harper wrote:Which one had CKY's 96 Quite Bitter Beings on the soundtrack? A friend of mine used to have that one on the Gamecube (I think) and i played it just to listen to that song. haha Can't remember which one it was though.

wasn't that THPS3?
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:31 pm

noiseredux wrote:
harper wrote:Which one had CKY's 96 Quite Bitter Beings on the soundtrack? A friend of mine used to have that one on the Gamecube (I think) and i played it just to listen to that song. haha Can't remember which one it was though.

wasn't that THPS3?

I think so. Because I seem to remember getting 3 for the N64 and being disappointed that that song wasn't on it. haha
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 pm

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Oh yeah, the Xbox version supports custom soundtracks too I believe.

All the THPS games on oXbox do. I can remember playing THPS3 with Greenday's American Idiot album in the background instead of the usual stuff.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Yep. Basically both DC games on one disc, for oXbox.

Not really, the second game is on the disc. The first games levels and challenges are on the list, but using the same engine as the second game, its no really the same thing.

The Dreamcast version of 1 is the best version of it going, the oXbox version of 2 is the best version of 2 going. My 2c.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

I played a hell of a lot of Pro Skater 2 on the Dreamcast and Playstation as a kid (owned both versions at different times for some reason -- and yes, the DC version is better), so that holds a special place in my heart. THPS3 was possibly even better though and I played that quite a lot on the Gamecube. Which reminds me... I need to re-buy that! It's only a couple of quid these days.

The first one was also damn fun, and started it all of course, but I feel the 2nd one was a huge improvement, and the series got better with age (until it peaked, and went gimmicky).

As for the 4th one, I also really enjoyed that, and the freedom was cool at the time. Haven't played it in ages though.

I'd probably rate them like this...

THPS3
THPS2
THPS4
THPS1

As for Underground... I couldn't get into it much for similar reasons as others have mentioned. I can't comment on any of the games that came after that though, as I haven't played them.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Return to General Gaming