Yard Sale Gaming blog

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Yard Sale Gaming blog

Post by noiseredux »

brunoafh wrote:They introduced me to my favorite dev of all time.

do tell?
Flake

Post by Flake »

noiseredux wrote:
brunoafh wrote:They introduced me to my favorite dev of all time.

do tell?

Mountain Dew.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Flake wrote:Mountain Dew.

Close, but I was actually referring to From Software. Fell in love with King's Field the first time I rented it and wound up looking for anything with "Agetec" on the box from that point on. I discovered a bunch of From's titles that way, Armored Core, Shadow Tower, Echo Night, etc. Even though From self-publishes in Japan for the most part now a days, they still work with Agetec from time to time.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

brunoafh wrote:

Close, but I was actually referring to From Software. Fell in love with King's Field the first time I rented it and wound up looking for anything with "Agetec" on the box from that point on. I discovered a bunch of From's titles that way, Armored Core, Shadow Tower, Echo Night, etc. Even though From self-publishes in Japan for the most part now a days, they still work with Agetec from time to time.

Funny -- I thought From was your favorite, but didn't realize they had a connection to Agetec.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

brunoafh wrote:

Didn't you say that you own every single From Software title ever? How much did Metal Wolf Chaos set you back? :P
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I don't have Armored Core V yet but I have everything released before that. Metal Wolf set me back about $80 I believe.
Flake

Post by Flake »

I wonder if Armored Core V will get the series back on track. I just have not been able to enjoy any Armored Core's after Silent Line. Too many gimmicks.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I thought 2: Another Age was the high point of the PS2 games myself. The demo for AC V on the JPN PSN was pretty good. Different for AC but in a good way. The single player mode only has 10 missions though, so I am a bit worried that the game is going to be mostly online based, which might suck down the road when the US servers are abandoned, which happened within 6 months for both AC 4 games.
diesel_dan
24-bit

Post by diesel_dan »

Great stuff! Loved the Racketboy interview.

Keep up the good work, fellow blogger! (and it is a lot of work!)
k.vlaros
64-bit

Post by k.vlaros »

Cool blog! I will be reading it semi-often. The Racketboy interview portrayed a very mellow dude.