Games Acquired 2012

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
saturnfan
128-bit

Games Acquired 2012

Post by saturnfan »

This is going to be a clutch year for our collections since we only have 12 months left to live. Remember that when you are surfing on ebay and second guessing yourself on purchasing that copy of stadium events.

Anyways, this thread will work the same as the last years "games purchased". This year we will be going with the title "games acquired" to cut down on any unnecessary confusion. If a game comes into your possession, add it to your list. I would also ask that you limit your additions to physical copies. No roms, emulation, downloads, DLC, etc. If a game is unique to PSN or Xbox live (or similar service), you can add it if you want. I probably wont be though since I don't really consider download content as part of my collection.

As for keeping track of our acquisitions, I will leave that up to you. In 2011 a lot of people seemed to like making monthly updates. But feel free to update as often as you want.

I'll kick off the new yea by stating that I have made no recent additions in the past several hours.
Last edited by saturnfan on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harper
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2012

Post by harper »

My first purchase of the new year was this morning at 12:07 a.m (at Wal-Mart). I bought Goldeneye 007 for the Wii. haha

So here's my list...A lot of these things will be coming in the mail soon thanks to some guys here at Racketboy :mrgreen: I'll go ahead and add them anyway.

Wii:
Goldeneye 007

Saturn:
Sonic R
Alien Trilogy

NES:
Freedom Force
Tennis

N64:
Gauntlet Legends
Banjo Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Gamecube:
Donkey Konga
Last edited by harper on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

saturnfan wrote:This is going to be a clutch year for our collections since we only have 12 months left to live.

Actually, we have slightly less than 12 months. All the more reason to hurry!
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

BoringSupreez wrote:
saturnfan wrote:This is going to be a clutch year for our collections since we only have 12 months left to live.

Actually, we have slightly less than 12 months. All the more reason to hurry!

Exactly why I didn't waste any time :mrgreen:
Nutty
16-bit

Post by Nutty »

I didn't even think GS was open today but I saw people coming out so I stopped by.

PSP
Tactics Ogre:Let Us Cling Together
Hot Shots Tennis:Get a Grip
Ultimate Ghosts' N Goblins

PS3
Red Faction:Armageddon

Not too shabby for 38 bucks, I think.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (PS3)
Plants Vs Zombies (PS3)
Sega Superstar Tennis (PS3)

I had no idea PvZ was released on a disc. And it includes two other PopCap games (Peggle & Heavy Weapon). Kind of awesome for $20 new.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

No Steam purchases eh? All righty then.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Hobie-wan wrote:No Steam purchases eh? All righty then.

I got the impression he meant DLC, freebies, etc. If it's a game and I paid for it, I'm posting it.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

I guess I can start with my Christmas gift card/cash game purchases for my first post of the year here:

NES:
-Kid Icarus
-Mega Man 3
-Metroid

N64:
-Turok 2: Seeds of Darkness

Genesis:
-Crue Ball: Heavy Metal Pinball

Dreamcast:
-Record of Lodoss War

PS2:
-Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk (it was $1 and by buying it it saved me even more than that on Skyrim)

Wii:
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-Metroid: Other M
-Super Mario Galaxy

Wii Ware/Virtual Console:
-Bit Trip Beat
-Bit Trip Core
-Dungeon Explorer (TG-16)

XBox 360:
-The Darkness
-Dungeon Siege III
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
-Mass Effect
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

dsheinem wrote:I got the impression he meant DLC, freebies, etc. If it's a game and I paid for it, I'm posting it.

No roms, emulation, downloads, DLC, etc. If a games is unique to PSN or Xbox live (or similar service), you can add it if you want.

A number of the games I buy on Steam are retail games that I'm tempted into a download by ruck bottom sale prices. That means they aren't unique to the service. I'll probably forget and post Steam stuff by the time the summer sale rolls around anyway. :lol: