- Megaman X5 (PS2)*
- Megaman X6 (PS2)*
- Halo 4 (360)
- Dishonored (360)
- Megaman (PS2)*
- Megaman 2 (PS2)*
- Megaman 3 (PS2)*

* = replay

Continuing my Megaman marathon... yep, MM3 is still probably my top favorite and I still love MM4 more than most I guess, working on that one now. You just can't go wrong with the first six games at all, love them all. Might stop at 6 and jump to 9-10, but I do kind of want to revisit 7 and 8... I could see 7 being a decent game, like X5-X6. Flawed, but not a "bad" game. I don't remember loving it or 8 though.

I really wish the Anniversary Collection included Megaman & Bass, I'd put that game WAY above 7/8.

And no I've never touched X7 and never will. Beat X8 once and I'm done for life with that one too.

Been playing Megaman and Bass recently, it's awesome. Might be my favorite Megaman game. I'd play the SNES version over the GBA though.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by Gamerforlife Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:49 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:For me, there was only one way to play Heavy Rain, the best way. I think I would turn the game off any time things went south so I could play through that section again. I'm just too much of a perfectionist. That whole live with the consequences of your actions thing. Screw that! That's why I'm playing a video game! So I have the control to make things go MY way.

that's weird dude... it's almost the opposite of the point of the game. :lol:

Like I said, perfectionist, or maybe it might be more accurate to say I'm OCD. Besides, I couldn't stand to see any of those nice people die or have a tragic fate if I could help it. Hell if I want that on MY conscience.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Games beaten so far:
1. Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again - DSiWare (Gold Star save file)
2. Sonic Generations - PS3
3. Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS (with a five glittering star save file)
4. Starship Defense (All no SOS perfects) - DSiWare
5. Soul of Darkness - DSiWare
6. Mutant Mudds (All crystals and water sprouts) - 3DS Eshop
7. The Simpsons Arcade (US Version) - PS3
8. DodoGo! - DSiWare - (Golden egg on every stage)
9. Mass Effect 2 - 360 (Insanity mode difficulty with Sentinel class)
10. Mass Effect 3 - 360 (Insanity mode with Adept)
11. Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 (Platinum trophy)
12. Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii
13. The Darkness II - Xbox 360
14. Lollipop Chainsaw - PS3 (Platinum trophy) and 360 version (all achievements)
15. Dust: An Elysian Tale - Xbox Live Arcade
16. Cthulu Saves the World - Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Indie Games)
17. Double Dragon Neon - Xbox 360
18. Mark of the Ninja - Xbox 360
19. Journey - PS3
20. Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - PS3 version
21. Fez - Xbox 360
22. Code of Princess - 3DS
23. Sleeping Dogs - 360
24. The Darkness II - Vendetta mode
25. Ratchet and Clank (HD Collection)

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando (HD Collection)

I've beaten this before on the PS2, so this was really a chance to relive the experience with updated visuals and trophy support. It's much better than the first Ratchet and Clank and it feels like the series as we know it starts with this game. It's not perfect though, some parts aren't designed well, particularly when the game veers away from platformer/third person shooter gameplay and makes you do mini-games. The giant Clank sections are awful as are all of the flying, space combat sections of the game. Also, and I don't know if this was native to the game or part of the new HD port, but I encountered TONS of bugs/glitches.

I actually played through this game with the intent of never getting hit. People say this series is really easy, but playing through this game on a no damage run actually provides a decent challenge in some parts. I had to reload a few times. Seeing as how the game's Challenge Mode (which is a combination hard mode/new game plus mode) has a bolt multiplier that keeps going up as long as you keep killing enemies without ever taking a hit, I feel that this is the way the game is meant to be played and really forces you to know where enemies will show up and how to use your weapons more strategically. Basically, it's playing Ratchet and Clank Contra style and makes for a better experience.

I've been replaying all the Ratchet and Clank consoles games recently, including Tools of Destruction and Up Your Arsenal (though I haven't quite beaten those two a second time yet) and I think I'd rank them this way:

1. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction - The most polished and balanced entry in the series. It's Insomniac at the top of their game, just don't play it with those shitty motion controls turned on and the space combat sections suck - as they do in ALL the Ratchet and Clank games. In this installment they try to be Starfox, and fail miserably

2. Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal - I enjoy the siege sections where you have other bots fighting by your side, the 2D sidescroller levels with Quark are neat, and the monkey is damn funny. Coolest version of the Ryno weapon as well. It disintegrates everything onscreen in a flash of white light.

3. Ratchet and Clank Going Commando - This is really the entry where the series came into its own, though Up Your Arsenal is better in every way and the best of the original trilogy.

4. Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time - I put this in the number 4 spot because the series really lost its way here. The story took itself too seriously. There was far too much time wasted on boring Clank levels, which pulled away from what the series does best - action. Some of arena challenges were aggravating. I don't know. I just really don't like this game. It feels like a Ratchet and Clank game if Naughty Dog made it, and I hate the Jak and Daxter games. The Sly Cooper games and Ratchet and Clank series are better by far.

5. Ratchet and Clank - The weakest game in the series, but it deserves much credit for laying down its foundation

I didn't include Deadlocked, as I haven't played that one (looking forward to its HD re-release) or any the portable entries (I tried playing Size Matters and it sucked) or Quest for Booty, since it feels more like DLC for Tools of Destruction than an actual Ratchet and Clank game

I also don't know what to make of All4One or Full Frontal Assault. They don't even resemble classic Ratchet and Clank games. So I don't know if I'll ever play them
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Missing link
Jamestown
Shank
Sonic Generations
Thunderforce III
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Doom (GBA version)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Wolfenstein 3D
Gran Turismo 5
Batman Arkham City
Project Gotham Racing 3
Borderlands
Jet Set Radio HD
Hell Yeah!
Hotline Miami
Saints Row: The Third
New Super Mario Bros. U

Dishonored

Wow, I really loved this game. Went for the stealth approach and took me about 10 hours to complete. Really liked the story as well. The game reminded me of Half Life 2 and Bioshock, with a good bit of Deus Ex Human Revolution for good measure.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 pm

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
15. Knights of the Round (PS2)
16. Journey (PSN)
17. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3)
xx. Half-Minute Hero: Hero Mode (PSP)
18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
19. Skullgirls (PSN)
20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
21. Abobo's Big Adventure (PC)
22. Adventure (PC)
23. Wolfenstein 3D (PSN)
24. Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)
25. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)
26. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (XBLA)
27. X-Men (XBLA)
28. Cthulhu Saves the World (XBLA)
29. DoDonPachi Resurrection - Novice Mode (360)
30. Mushihimisama Futari - Novice Mode (360)
31. Deathsmiles IIX (360)
32. The King of Fighters Evolution (DC)
33. Deathsmiles (360)
34. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (DC)
35. Maniac Mansion Deluxe (PC)
36. SoulCalibur (DC)
37. Exmortis (PC)
38. D (Sat)
39. Fighting Vipers (Sat)
40. The King of Fighters Dream Match 99 (DC)

Finally got an Ascii fighting pad so had to break out a good 2D fighter to test it on. Going back to Together Retro last year: yes, I still believe that the PS2 port of KOF98 is unbelievably hard. I got up to the final boss on a single credit, and beat the game on 2 credits. I thought it was excellent though. I still prefer KOF Evolution on DC though. The Dream Match games are fun, but when you find those handful of perfection KOF games they kind of shake away the need for huge rosters. Oh, and the fightpad was worth every penny.

I'd also like to note that last year I beat 40 games. I've still got most of the month left so it looks like it's a fair bet I'll beat that this year!
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 am

Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword - 1/2/2012
Sonic 4 Episode 1 - 2/7/2012 - No Super Sonic though, the bonus levels are killing me.
Ninja Turtles Arcade XBLA 2/14/2012
Simpsons Arcade XBLA 2/28/2012
Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis 3/3/2012
Astro Warrior - Sega Master System
Truxton - Normal Difficulty
Final Fantasy VII
Diablo 3 - Normal Difficulty
Diablo - Normal Difficulty
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness - Both Campaigns
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal - Both Campaigns
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (All Campaigns)
Warcraft III: Frozen Throne (All Campaigns)
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Shenmue
Shenmue 2 oXbox
Animal Crossing (Gamecube) - All debts paid off.
Halo 4 - 11/8/2012
Sonic Generations -11/12/2012
Vanquish - 11/26/2012
Deus Ex Human Revolution - 12/6/2012

Deus Ex I have to say is probably one of the best games I've played this year. The world and interface really reminded me of Fallout 3, which was probably one of my favorite games this generation. So the quests, subquests, enhancements, and the storyline were quite amazing. Although you couldn't get into it Dave, you should give it another shot. I went hard out on the toughest difficulty, and quickly transitioned to Casual, haha. 10/10

EDIT: Just realized Deus Ex felt more and more to Bioshock in certain elements. Upgrading augmentations felt similar to plasmids, hacking, and a story-line that felt very similar to Bioshock. Neat-o!
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:29 pm

All Games:
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered - iOS
Tiki Towers 2 - iOS
inFAMOUS - PS3
The Blackwell Legacy - PC
Blackwell Unbound - PC
The Blackwell Convergence - PC
Blackwell Deception - PC
The Secret of Grisly Manor - iOS
Duke Nukem Forever - The Doctor Who Cloned Me - PC
Skate 3 - 360
Gears of War 3 - 360
The Darkness II - PC
Fallout: New Vegas - PC
DLC Quest - PC
Shank - PC
Gears of War 2: Road to Ruin DLC - 360
Batman: Arkham City - 360
Batman: Arkham City: Catwoman Bundle Pack DLC - 360
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - PSP
Super Street Fighter IV 3D - 3DS
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC
Hard Reset - PC
Heavy Rain - PS3
Brink - PS3
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - PS3
Portal 2 - PC
Serious Sam: The First Encounter - PC
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - PC
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3
Raskulls - XBLA
Mass Effect 3 - 360
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - PC
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD - XBLA
Rage - PC
Max Payne 3 - PC
Sleeping Dogs - PC
I Am Alive - PC
Runaway: A Road Adventure - PC
Borderlands 2 - PC
Dead Nation - PSN
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC
VVVVVV - PC
Halo 4 - 360
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - PC
Papo & Yo - PSN
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - PC
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PC

Total for 2012: 46

Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - PC
Other than the voice acting, I felt everything in this game was a step down from the first two, which I love to bits. I tried playing this game two or three times in the past, but could not get into it. I told myself I would finish it and it was a slog at times. Why there are so many 'move the box' puzzles I will never know, it had its moments but for a series that set the bar so high, this game is pretty average.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PC
You will never play a more generic and self important waste of time in your life. Thought it was utter crap.
Ack

by Ack Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm

1. Mortal Kombat (PS3)
2. The Ball (PC)
3. Tyrian 2000 (PC)
4. Shogo - Mobile Armor Division (PC)
5. Disney's Goof Troop (SNES)
6. Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
7. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
8. Abobo's Big Adventure (PC)
9. Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (SNES)
10. Castlevania 64 (N64)
11. Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
12. Dungeons of Dredmor (PC)
13. Torchlight (PC)
14. Wild Arms 3 (PS2)
15. The Darkness (PS3)
16. Black Mesa (PC)
17. Dear Esther (PC)
18. Splatterhouse (PS3)
19. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
20. Chaser (PC)
21. Young Merlin (SNES)
22. Warsow (PC)

So I've had a busy few weeks since the last time I posted. I sat down with three games recently and am looking forward to what I play next.

Chaser is a early 2000s FPS which received little fanfare despite providing a long single player experience. Yes, it effectively railroads through levels, but they still feel large and interconnected, as you enter pieces which allow you to look at places you will go or have already been. Unfortunately many of those levels are a bit bland in terms of appearance, so some levels quickly feel boring (particularly the first and the final ones for me), but to make up for this monotony, the game offers levels with varying play styles. In one, you must protect a truck with a sniper rifle. In another, you must escape from a deteriorating space station. In a third, you must stealthy move through a building to spy on people across the street. In a fourth, run like mad through an airport to escape security. It's fun, and the music playing in the background made me feel suitably pumped. The plot is pretty sprawling, though it suffers from a horrendous ending, and there are noticeable glitches in some levels. But then again, it's one of the first games to ever incorporate "bullet time," so the game devs decided to offset this advantage by making enemies do lots of damage, so every gunfight can end in your death...and there are lots of gunfights.

Young Merlin is an adventure game which reminded me a lot of a simplified version of King's Quest that is also considerably less difficult. You can play through it in a day, so it's not like it's a tough experience, but on top of that, if you die, you respawn basically right next to where you died. I enjoyed the experience, but I wouldn't call it ground breaking. On a funny note, at least one reviewer thought this game was a comparable experience to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Warsow is a Quake-style fast-paced multiplayer FPS. I have difficulty saying I beat the game, but I did play through the variety of game styles. Mobility is the name of the game, so it incorporates all of the speed and jumping abilities of games like Quake and Unreal Tournament. Unfortunately even with maxed out mouse sensitivity and acceleration, I never felt like I could turn as fast as I wanted or needed to, so...not for me, I guess. I won't be playing competitively.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Missing link
Jamestown
Shank
Sonic Generations
Thunderforce III
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Doom (GBA version)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Wolfenstein 3D
Gran Turismo 5
Batman Arkham City
Project Gotham Racing 3
Borderlands
Jet Set Radio HD
Hell Yeah!
Hotline Miami
Saints Row: The Third
New Super Mario Bros. U
Dishonored

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

I've never been super huge on kart racing games. Crash Team Racing was the only one I ever really got into... until now! Boy is this game fantastic. The roster is a good size, though it could have had more Saturn-era characters in it. Sega decided to play on the whole "speed" thing and it payed off big time. This isn't your average, slow Mario Kart clone. The powerups are pretty lame, but get the job done. The tracks are fantastic, especially the After Burner and Panzer Dragoon ones.

I feel the music needs to be noted, because, it's awesome. I really like how the occasional Sonic R remix is snuck in to the other tracks for good measure.

Also, the game is extremely challenging. If you want to unlock everything and get all those stars, you can't be anything less than perfect. One messed up drift or missed boost will require you to restart on A and S classes.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
15. Knights of the Round (PS2)
16. Journey (PSN)
17. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3)
xx. Half-Minute Hero: Hero Mode (PSP)
18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
19. Skullgirls (PSN)
20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
21. Abobo's Big Adventure (PC)
22. Adventure (PC)
23. Wolfenstein 3D (PSN)
24. Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)
25. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)
26. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (XBLA)
27. X-Men (XBLA)
28. Cthulhu Saves the World (XBLA)
29. DoDonPachi Resurrection - Novice Mode (360)
30. Mushihimisama Futari - Novice Mode (360)
31. Deathsmiles IIX (360)
32. The King of Fighters Evolution (DC)
33. Deathsmiles (360)
34. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (DC)
35. Maniac Mansion Deluxe (PC)
36. SoulCalibur (DC)
37. Exmortis (PC)
38. D (Sat)
39. Fighting Vipers (Sat)
40. The King of Fighters Dream Match 99 (DC)
41. Fighters Megamix (Sat)

I 1CC'd all 9 single player courses of Fighters Megamix. It's a great game. Basically a super expanded Fighting Vipers game with characters from Virtua Fighter, Sonic The Fighters, Virtua Fighters Kids and other Sega properties. Hell, the true last boss turns out to be the car from Daytona. So that should tell you where the humor and fan-service is at on this one. Other than slight slowdown on a couple stages, this game kicks the shit out of Fighting Vipers. Totally recommended.
Return to General Gaming