Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by ExedExes Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:18 pm

dsheinem wrote:Hey a 7800 game! Commando is nicely translated to the 7800 hardware, compromising the sharper graphics of the NES version for much smoother gameplay with no slowdown or sprite flicker. A fun little romp.

That (and Ikari Warriors) were both great looking 7800 ports. I believe Sculptured Software developed both those games?
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:30 pm

So after 10 minutes of searching i founded! my list :lol:
College has take my time this last couple of months so i ply really little time :?.

Damm64 wrote:
1-Kenka Badass Bancho PSP (PSP)
2-Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
3-God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
4-Castlevania Symphony of the night (PSX played on psp)
5-Castlevania (NES)
6-Dead Head Fred (PSP)
7-Star Fox 64 (N64) (2nd ending)
8-Demons Crest
9-Castlevania Rondo of Blood (PSP port)
10-Kingdom Hearts Birth By sleep FInal Mix (No secret ending)
11-Kingdom hearts 2 (again no secret ending)
12-Metal Slug XX (PSP)
13-Odins Sphere (PS2)
14-Three Wonders (emulated)
15-Y's Chronicles - Y's 1

16-God of War 3 (PS3)
17-Medal of Honor 2010 (PS3)
18-Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the earth (PC)

16: not sure what to think about the game, i really like it but the ending was WAY too a cliffhanger, the game dosen't have a feeling of closure (like GoW 1) and leaves the ending too open for a new game :/

17: Short game, played with my brother and after 6/7 hours the game was showing the credits. Honestly i buy it because it came with MoH Frontline in HD :lol:

18: So finally after getting a new pc i can play this game, even with that stupid glitch in the bot section. Loved it, from the beggining to the end i never been a lovecraft fan but after this i might read some of the books. I wonder why more games don't use this sme mechanic of gameplay (no HUD, some wounds can be only be healed by certain item and 1920s seting). I totally recommend this game for those looking a first person/adventure/shooter game with some lovecraft atmosphere.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

I haven't updated this in a while. :lol:

Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Missing link
Jamestown
Shank
Sonic Generations
Thunderforce III
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Doom (GBA version)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Wolfenstein 3D
Gran Turismo 5
Batman Arkham City
Project Gotham Racing 3

Good game. Nürburgring made me rage though. The game's control just isn't precise enough for the narrow winding roads. Perfect for drifting around wide corners at high speed though. 8)

Next up: Deadrising or Oblivion?
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:05 pm

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

I've heard Dead Rising hasn't aged so well, so Oblivion would probably be more fun. Plus it'd be cool to play what with all the Skyrim craze going around. But then again, the longer you wait to play Dead Rising the less fun it will be...
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:27 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

I've heard Dead Rising hasn't aged so well, so Oblivion would probably be more fun. Plus it'd be cool to play what with all the Skyrim craze going around. But then again, the longer you wait to play Dead Rising the less fun it will be...

I've played Dead Rising before, but I never got the "good" ending.

It wasn't a particularly refined experience when it was released either. The fun came from the ridiculousness. Decided to start Oblivion on the 360 though. More or less because I've never finished the main quest, I always got preoccupied doing faction quests instead on PC.

I'd play through the main quest on PC, but since I do online schooling, I sit at my desk 7 hours a day without gaming. I don't really feel like spending more time here after the fact.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Phoenix Wright iOS
Ghost Trick IOS
Skyrim (the story mode)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (all characters and subspace)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman arkham City
Black Ops
MW3
Dead rising 2
Urban Reign
Just Cause 2
Beat MGS4 for the 8 th time
100% Kirby squeak Squad
Streets of rage 2 with my brother
No debt Animal Crossing Wild World
99% beat SOULCALIBUR just need some of the last art cards
Sam and Mac season one ep 1-5
Golden Axe Revenge of death adder- mame

I just beat Golden Axe revenge of the death eater the day the beat em up was published. Grey game, but I can't beleive it had a sadish ending. I don't want to spoil it though.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

by KillerJuan77 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Raskulls on the 360 - Really neat puzzle/action game with great visuals, a fantastic sense of humor and tons of challenges and replay value. It's very addictive too (Not shocking, it was made by the team that brought us Jetpack Joyride and Fruit Ninja).
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 am

01/09 Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
01/15 Sonic Generations - PS3
01/25 Back to the Future The Game (all 5 episodes) - PS3
02/04 Soul Caliber - Dreamcast
02/11 Monster Tale - DS
02/23 Drill Dozer - GBA
03/05 Y's Book I - TG16 via Wii VC
04/29 Captain American and the Avengers - Arcade - MAME
05/31 Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - DS
06/12 Cave Story - DS
06/20 Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - PS3
06/24 The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - PS3
06/24 Final Fight (Double Impact on PS3)
07/03 Batman Begins - Xbox
07/07 Conan - PS3
07/08 Captain America: Super Soldier - PS3
07/09 Sonic CD - PS3
07/22 Ben There Dan That & Time Gentlemen Please - PC
07/29 Batman: The Brave and the Bold - DS
08/05 Ninja Gaiden Black - Xbox
08/08 Beneath a Steel Sky - PC NEW
08/28 NCAA Football 2012 - PS3 NEW
09/04 ChuChu Rocket! - Andriod NEW

Beneath a Steel Sky was a game I started back in May and took me until August to start playing it again because I just wasn't digging it. I was surprised that I did not like the game since it is revered as a "classic" and that I love point-n-click adventure games. There were three things that annoyed me with this game:
a) The art.
The backgrounds and character designs by Gibbons was great but because it was all hand painted all the objects looked like they belonged in the background.
b) The story and lack of absurd humor.
The story of BaSS was too series and too cliche for me. I only stayed focus because I wanted to finish the game.
c) The game's puzzles were TOO logical
BaSS's puzzles were too logical that the random mixing and trying objects on other objects felt off. The best example that I can think of is at the end where you have to use the virus... that made sense in the story but there were no clues and I had to figure that out randomly.
I don't know if I disliked the game because I started it in July playing for three hours strait and not playing again until today, but I do know that I would not consider this one of the best point-n-click adventure games.

I picked up NCAA at Target for less than $5 on clearance since the new game was already released. Since college games don't use real players and the dynasty mode creates it's own unique stats, I couldn't pass up the game for that price. I started a dynasty as the coach of The University of Akron. I lead the team to both a conference (MAC) championship and a bowl game win, but this is not why I consider this game beaten. I also fulfilled all of the requirements that was placed in my coaching contract and will play the next season of my dynasty league at the start of football season again next year.

ChuChu Rocket is a game that I have owned for a while on the Dreamcast but like all other puzzle games I just don't enjoy playing them on a TV/console. ChuChu Rocket is the perfect touch screen mobile game. The controls were perfect and created a faster pace for playing than on the DC. I was able to breeze through most of the game and got stuck in the middle of the "mania" sets and looked to the net for help. Feeling guilty I never looked again, which caused me to be stuck on the last level of the original game for over 2 weeks to beat all the levels from the original game. I loved this game and think I will play it again since I still have all the "extra" fan made levels to beat.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:11 pm

J T wrote:
Stark wrote:8/31 Dear Esther (PC)
I'm not sure I fully understood this game. It is beautiful and the music and narration is definitely very stirring, but I think I didn't quite get the story they were telling me. Part of that is the way it is presented, you move the story along by exploring the environment, and I almost wonder if it would be better if someone released a video that you watched with the perfect order of all of the narration. Still I appreciate what they were going for and love the OST.

Actually, I read that the narrative segments are only sometimes triggered by environmental cues. Other pieces are given out randomly. It's meant to be a primarily nonlinear storyline. The way I see it, the gameplay of Dear Esther is not something you control with your mouse and keyboard, it is a game in your mind. It is the very act of interpreting what this vague narrative means. It is the act of creating theories, of deduction, of filling in the blanks. This is what makes Dear Esther more than just a game of "press W to win!" through a series of pretty set pieces.

I'd interested in a thread that was spoiler heavy that further explored the game and it's meaning.

I feel like the jackass that didn't cry at The Notebook...
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Games I've beaten this year:

Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis
Astro Warrior - Sega Master System
Truxton - Normal Difficulty
Final Fantasy VII
Diablo 3 - Normal Difficulty
Diablo - Normal Difficulty
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness - Both Campaigns
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal - Both Campaigns
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (All Campaigns)
Warcraft III: Frozen Throne (All Campaigns)
Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword
Gears of War III
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Shenmue
Return to General Gaming