Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by Cronozilla Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night. And ... I totally don't own the others, so done with AC for now.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Shenmue II -- Dreamcast (January 9)
Golden Axe Warrior -- Sega Master System (January 19)
Ys I -- Turbo CD (March 22)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 -- Dreamcast (April 30)
Warioware Twisted - Game Boy Advance (May 30)
Wolfenstein 3D - Game Boy Advance (May 31)
Warioware Inc. - Game Boy Advance (June 15)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Game Boy Advance (June 25)
*NEW* Super Mario Advance 2: SMW - Game Boy Advance(June 26)

Star-96'ed it with Extra - Special save file, got all the Dragon Coins everywhere and completed/unlocked it all.
Last edited by ExedExes on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Cronozilla wrote:Finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night. And ... I totally don't own the others, so done with AC for now.

Oh you should totally pick up Brotherhood, it's totally fun, from what I've played. Can I start abbreviating that FWIP? I feel like I say that all the time, so bad at finishing games.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

by SwooshBear Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Stark wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:Finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night. And ... I totally don't own the others, so done with AC for now.

Oh you should totally pick up Brotherhood, it's totally fun, from what I've played. Can I start abbreviating that FWIP? I feel like I say that all the time, so bad at finishing games.

I beat Brotherhood last year, and I enjoyed it a lot. It was pretty similar to AC2, but there was a lot more to do in Brotherhood. I just wish that it didn't take six hours to get into a multiplayer lobby. I buy my AC games roughly a year after they are released so I get them cheaper. So when ACIII comes out, I can get Revelations. It's a pretty good system for yearly titles like Assassin's Creed.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 pm

The Darkness II - Xbox 360
5 out of 10

That's probably a harsh rating, but screw it. I'm sick of how half assed, uninspired, and lazy most modern games are. This is a shit sequel. EVERYTHING is worse than the original. The story is not even remotely as engaging. The game tries to re-use some storytelling elements from the first game, which is kind of sad. The fact that the best parts of the game from a storytelling perspective are just recycled from the first game shows lack of imagination. Taking cool storytelling techniques from the first game and using them again makes them feel gimmicky the second time around. Also, the characters (one in particular) are so much less interesting and endearing this time around. In fact, they arguably ruined the most important character from the first game.

The graphics are less impressive this time around. The new style just seems like a step back, a way to maybe make the game maintain some visual parity between both consoles maybe? I don't know.

The structure of the game is far less inspired, giving us a linear level to level game. The free roaming environment from the first game that really gave you a sense of setting and place is gone. This means that there is also far less character interaction. The coolest power from the first game was removed from this one (creeping dark). The darkling character is STILL useless, just like the first game. More useless actually since you only ever get one this time around. And he doesn't do much of anything other than help you navigate the levels. So they nerfed the darklings, and they removed the Creeping Dark power. So basically, they snuffed out two of the coolest things from the first game. I actually really wanted to see them expand on the use of darklings in this sequel and maybe tweak the Creeping Dark power in some way so that this game could have had some gameplay elements that kept it from just feeling like just another generic, goddamn, first person shooter in a market that is FULL of them. I guess that would take some CREATIVITY and IMAGINATION though, two things that are in short supply in the current game industry. Much easier to just copy everything else on the market :roll:

Essentially, they improved NOTHING from the first game. In fact, while the first game gave you a nice sense of being a scary, monster, this game does the opposite. Enemies are a lot tougher - and might I add - cheaper in this installment and Jackie himself just seems nerfed. For the most part, this game plays like a standard shooter, much more so than the first game given how weak and crappy your powers are this time around. Oh, and since I mentioned the game being cheap, I should mention how certain enemies shine a bright light on your character. This makes the whole screen go completely white, blinding you COMPLETELY, while also turning off your powers. So yeah, you get shot at while you wait for your vision to come back and can't even use your powers in any way to defend yourself. Your best best is to try and find the cheap asshole once SOME of your vision comes back and gun him down. Course these guys soak up bullets like tanks, while their buddies are gunning you down the whole time. Cheap bullshit :roll:

Oh, and then there's that other ridiculous bull crap about how your fucking, huge demonic tentacles can't grab a guy unless he's stunned, which is completely and utterly ridiculous even for a video game. He'll just sort of step to the side and avoid it. Wow, way to make me feel like a freaking, horrifying creature of the night designers when my humongous demon tentacles can just casually be side stepped by random thugs :roll: Idiots :evil:

Oh, and the boss fights, the awful, awful boss fights :roll:

The Darkness II just doesn't maintain the spirit of the original, like many sequels fail to do. It's just dumbed down in every way. In losing so much of what made the first game kind of special (even though it wasn't a perfect game), it just feels like yet another run of the mill, mediocre shooter.
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
15. Knights of the Round (PS2)
16. Journey (PSN)
17. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3)
18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
19. Skullgirls (PSN)
20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
21. Abobo's Big Adventure (PC)
22. Adventure (PC)
23. Wolfenstein 3D (PSN)
24. Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)
25. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)
26. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (XBLA)

viewtopic.php?p=633042#p633042
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 pm

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
15. Knights of the Round (PS2)
16. Journey (PSN)
17. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3)
18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
19. Skullgirls (PSN)
20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
21. Abobo's Big Adventure (PC)
22. Adventure (PC)
23. Wolfenstein 3D (PSN)
24. Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)
25. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)
26. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (XBLA)
27. X-Men (XBLA)

viewtopic.php?p=633864#p633864
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Shenmue II -- Dreamcast (January 9)
Golden Axe Warrior -- Sega Master System (January 19)
Ys I -- Turbo CD (March 22)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 -- Dreamcast (April 30)
Warioware Twisted - Game Boy Advance (May 30)
Wolfenstein 3D - Game Boy Advance (May 31)
Warioware Inc. - Game Boy Advance (June 15)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Game Boy Advance (June 25)
Super Mario Advance 2: SMW - Game Boy Advance (June 26)
Command & Conquer - PC (June 28)
*NEW* Call of Duty Finest Hour - GC (August 13)

Not a bad game, it got me more into WW2 FPS titles for the Gamecube and the PC. Plus, Allstate guy's booming voice!
Last edited by ExedExes on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 am

Impressive.

Beat Streets of Rage 2 last night for the umpteenth time. I wish there was a Sega CD release; great music.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Home Alone for the SNES. Not a masterpiece, but it kept my attention for 45 minutes and it was only $1.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Return to General Gaming