Games Beaten 2012

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

Post by BoringSupreez »

Reverend wrote:I've missed this place.

I can't believe you posted tonight, I was just thinking earlier today that I haven't seen you in a long time.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Disney's Aladdin (SNES). A solid 16 bit platformer. Found it in my father's shed on Sunday (I owned it when I was very young and just presumed it was lost forever). Beat it in about 45 minutes last night. A very easy game compared to most Capcom titles. The only "negative" thing I can say about it is that I'm simply not a fan of Disney or Aladdin much (and I generally stay away from licensed titles period), I probably would have enjoyed the game more if it had starred an original Capcom character or something. Ah well, not a big deal.

Games Beaten 2012
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS)
Ys Book I & II (TCD)
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (SNES)
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PS2)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Lunar Legend (GBA)
Breath of Fire (GBA)
Ys Seven (PSP)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Disney's Aladdin (SNES)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Last edited by Stark on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I never posted in either Games Beaten threads, but I couldn't think of a better thread to post my success in...

The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain - PC

I had this game when I was about 10 but I never beat it. I remember never aiming to beat it though. I would just play the puzzles I liked, even if they were already 100% completed. :lol: I haven't played this game in years, so I decided I should actually beat it now. And I did. What a great feeling. :D

I feel like this game isn't too widely known or liked. Any one else ever play this one?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
15. Knights of the Round (PS2)
16. Journey (PSN)
17. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3)
18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
19. Skullgirls (PSN)
20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
21. Abobo's Big Adventure (PC)
22. Adventure (PC)
23. Wolfenstein 3D (PSN)
24. Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)

to say I beat Pac-Man is kind of meh. I just mean I survived the five minute "survival" mode that is default. But obviously, this game is all about scoring. At any rate, I think it's a brilliant approach to the Pac-Man formula where one board is continuous rather than having levels. It seems like a really fun score-attack that I'm enjoying playing with my wife who is surprisingly good at it (thanks to training in Mouse Trap). Good stuff.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Do we have a "Game Accomplishment" thread?

It's not much of an accomplishment, but I always wanted to score 100 points in a Mutant League Football Game. The Midway Monsters beat the Sixty Whiners (it's either them or another lousy team in first game of a tournament) 110-0.

Seven tards (that was a typo, but I'm keeping it) away from a 900 yard game. 236 rushing yards and 369 passing yards. Truth be told the Whiners are so easy to beat that this might not even be an accomplishment, but had I not utilized the clock by every means necessary I doubt I would have scored 88 points.

Now to see if 150 points is possible.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Luke wrote:Seven tards (that was a typo, but I'm keeping it) away from a 900 yard game. 236 rushing yards and 369 passing yards.

This isn't computing for me at all - not following.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

retrosportsgamer wrote:
Luke wrote:Seven tards (that was a typo, but I'm keeping it) away from a 900 yard game. 236 rushing yards and 369 passing yards.

Doesn't factor in return yards and turnovers.

I took a few pictures of the stats if you'd like me to post 'em.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Luke wrote:
retrosportsgamer wrote:

Doesn't factor in return yards and turnovers.

I took a few pictures of the stats if you'd like me to post 'em.

I just thought your math really had room for improvement ;)

I gotcha now. Awesome stuff. I prefer the original 16-bit game to the EA Replay on PSP.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Post by DinnerX »

Ziggy587 wrote:I never posted in either Games Beaten threads, but I couldn't think of a better thread to post my success in...

The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain - PC

I had this game when I was about 10 but I never beat it. I remember never aiming to beat it though. I would just play the puzzles I liked, even if they were already 100% completed. :lol: I haven't played this game in years, so I decided I should actually beat it now. And I did. What a great feeling. :D

I feel like this game isn't too widely known or liked. Any one else ever play this one?
Dr. Brain, now there's a character I haven't thought of for a while. Never played that one, but I do remember The Time Warp of Dr. Brain. It was fun. I remember enjoying the Primordial Soup game.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.