Jamestown

February
Shank
Sonic Generations
Thunderforce III

March
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Doom (GBA)

A pretty okay port of Doom. Framerate's fine as long as you use static lighting. It felt a tad easier than the other ports. On that note, I've now played and beaten every official port of the original Doom minus the 3DO, SNES, and Saturn versions which were too unplayable to beat.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Goregasm
16-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by Goregasm Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 am

2012:

XIII
Metal gear solid 2
Super mario galaxy
Hitman : blood money
Gungrave
Heavy rain

This is the first ps3 game I have ever beaten. I enjoyed this game, although im not very fond of quick time events and that was pretty much the only game play in the game. I liked it enough to play it through to the end but I really dont care enough to go through again and get different endings. It was interesting but I dont think I'll be in any hurry to play another game like this for a while.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 pm

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)

figured I'd take a break from SFxT and finally pop in KOF13. I was able to 1CC Arcade Mode on my first try. Having said that, this was just default setting so I'll ramp up the difficulty later and really challenge myself. My team was Athena, Mai and Terry.

Now I'm one of those odd people who liked KOF12. Of course the online was a hit-or-miss mess, but I thought it was still very good. But KOF13 manages to take everything great about 12 and only make it better. The roster is huge in comparison. The extras are plenty. And the spritework is amazing. I'm glad I finally got around to adding this to my collection.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:15 pm

January
1- From Dust - PSN
2- Resident Evil Director's Cut - PS1
3- Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace - PS1

February

4- Deadly Premonition - Xbox 360
5- RefRain ~prism memories~ - PC

March

6- The Bouncer - PS2

This game is hilarious. It's a 3d beat-em-up with some rpg elements thrown in. The game is pretty easy but has some replay value. There are 3 main characters each with their own back story that goes alongside the main plot.

Definitely check it out if you find it really cheap somewhere.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:38 pm

I just played through Super Mario Bros. 2 (U.S.) for the first time in a very long time. Those last couple of worlds get pretty dang challenging.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
final fight cd
Next-Gen

by final fight cd Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:48 pm

snatcher - sega cd
shinobi III - genesis
shinobi II - genesis
shadow dancer - genesis
rocket knights adventure - genesis

lost vikings

with school and work i still am able to get some gaming in. out of the trilogy, part II is my favorite. i find the level design much better and more challenging. in fact, the last boss im pretty sure is impossible to beat unless you get to him with the POW. and the last level maze actually can be a bitch, unlike part III's maze. it took me probably a dozen times before i was able to get through it - and i've beaten the game before. shadow dancer, though a great game, is my least favorite out of the three.

rocket knights is an awesome platformer. plenty of gameplay variety.

lost vikings is a fun game. i think it could be a game that actually could be improved on current generation consoles. somebody needs to make a new lost vikings game NOW.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Flake

by Flake Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:50 pm

noiseredux wrote:14. King of Fighters XIII (PS3)

I'm glad I finally got around to adding this to my collection.

Me, too. Me, too.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

final fight cd wrote:in fact, the last boss im pretty sure is impossible to beat unless you get to him with the POW.

He's not, but it is basically impossible to get the good ending, even if you have enough lives to spam the explosion spell for a bit
god
64-bit

by god Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:19 am

OK, so I can hardly count up all the games I have ever finished on both hands. Put it down to a low attention span perhaps, or not having many games as a kid, or liking impossible games like Super Smash TV. But, I have decided I need to start getting through some of my carts that I've never finished.

And today .... da da da da....

Master System - Castle of Illusion Staring Mickey Mouse.

Pretty fun, but lets just say its a good thing it gives you 9 continues!
Big Zenny Hustler
final fight cd
Next-Gen

by final fight cd Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm

alienjesus wrote:
final fight cd wrote:in fact, the last boss im pretty sure is impossible to beat unless you get to him with the POW.

He's not, but it is basically impossible to get the good ending, even if you have enough lives to spam the explosion spell for a bit

What does the good ending consist of? Never knew about multiple endings. And how do you get it?

What do you mean by spam the explosion?
if you took a shit, please put it back
Return to General Gaming