6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)
9. Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3)
10. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (PS3)
11. Ys I (PSP)
12. Heavy Rain (PS3)
13. Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)

Flake wrote:I think I might like this game more than SFIV if only because of the diverse characters.

exactly what I"m thinking man. I got up to Ogre, but didn't beat him. Tried 3 times. Then decided to quit, install to HD and attempt a 1CC. But yeah. This game is fucking great. And I think the cast is great. I'm using Chun-Li and Akuma right now, but want to learn Cammy a lot more. Plus Vega is here. Next week brings Mega Man & Pac-Man, and at some point we'll have Blanka so I'm thrilled. I haven't fucked with the gems or whatever or online. But as it stands right now... I think this game is great.

EDIT: And now I've 1CC'd the Arcade Mode on Normal. And yeah... all of us who still love SF4 and play it regularly -- we have a new game. This is basically SF4 with a big giant roster update. Fucking awesome.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by dsheinem Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
Current - iOS
Golden Axe: The Duel - Saturn
Golden Axe - Genesis
Capcom Fighting Evolution - PS2
Metal Slug XX - PSP
Ketsui: Death Label - NDS
DoDonPachi: Blissful Death - iOS
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad - Arcade (MAME)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary -360
The Simpsons Arcade Game - PS3
Soul Edge - PS1
HamsterBall - PS3
BlazBlu: Continuum Shift Extend - Vita
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3- Vita
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita
Ys 1 - PSP
Journey - PS3 *new*

TOTAL: 18

2011 Games Beaten
2010 Games Beaten

Wow. Stunning. Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable, albeit quite short (it is very much a 1-2 hour game designed to be played in one sitting [and perhaps revisited periodically]). This is one of the most gorgeous games I have ever played, and the music, art, and direction work together to construct a concert of awe. It also has one of the most inventive uses of online co-op I've ever seen.

That all said, I won't be shocked if a few of you don't like it :lol:
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 pm

I have some comments here in the spoiler talk, but wanted to leave it spoilered:

SPOILER TALK:

noiseredux wrote:There were a lot of things that got to me. I accidentally made Jayden shoot a witness because I was nervous. And I felt bad.
I agree that was messed up and I did the same thing, it made you very twitchy.
noiseredux wrote:And there was the driving down the highway the wrong way which might be my favorite "chase scene" in a game ever now.
Comments like that make me sad that you've never played Uncharted. Some of the chase/action sequences in Uncharted are "Wow."
noiseredux wrote:But even worse... the reveal of who the Origami Killer was. Someone I really liked. It actually upset me.
I kinda saw this coming a little bit and didn't want to believe it, because I think I liked him the most out of the 4 characters.

noiseredux wrote:I had played a bit of Indigo Prophecy in the past, and liked it but got distracted. Now I think I need to go back to it. Also, I think I heard there was a DLC add-on for Heavy Rain?

Indigo Prophecy seemed a lot more fantastical in story then Heavy Rain, so be prepared for that. I think it is totally worth a playthrough though. I've heard the DLC for Heavy Rain (I only know of the episode with Madison) wasn't great, but I'd like to try it at some point.

You should go check this thread over here. It contains a video of the new tech demo from Quantic Dream and is very similar to the tech demo they had for Heavy Rain. I'm guessing it will speak to the mood and possibly the setting of their new game. It reminds me of Quantic's first game Omikron: The Nomad Soul, which now that you have a Dreamcast you really should check out. I've not played it since it came out, so I can't speak to how it would play now, but back then (2000), I found it to be mind-blowing.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:58 pm

yeah I looked it up and apparently the Heavy Rain DLC is a prequel chapter called The Taxidermist. I guess it's only about 20 mins long, so not sure it's worth paying for really.

I've played the first hour or so of Indigo Prophecy, and do plan to play through it for real... though I'm wondering if it's worth tracking down the PAL version, Fahrenheit as apparently the US version is edited.

I did see that Quantic Dreams thread yesterday. "Tech demo" makes me feel like that means we're years away from another QD game, though. (?)
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:08 pm

noiseredux wrote:I've played the first hour or so of Indigo Prophecy, and do plan to play through it for real... though I'm wondering if it's worth tracking down the PAL version, Fahrenheit as apparently the US version is edited.

I suppose that would depend on what they edited out, I played the US version on XBox.

noiseredux wrote:I did see that Quantic Dreams thread yesterday. "Tech demo" makes me feel like that means we're years away from another QD game, though. (?)

Probably. The original "The Casting" demo for Heavy Rain came out in 2006 and Heavy Rain was released in the first part of 2010, so approximately 3-3/4 - 4 years if you base it on that. Hopefully not though.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:03 pm

noiseredux wrote:yeah I looked it up and apparently the Heavy Rain DLC is a prequel chapter called The Taxidermist. I guess it's only about 20 mins long, so not sure it's worth paying for really.

I've played the first hour or so of Indigo Prophecy, and do plan to play through it for real... though I'm wondering if it's worth tracking down the PAL version, Fahrenheit as apparently the US version is edited.

I did see that Quantic Dreams thread yesterday. "Tech demo" makes me feel like that means we're years away from another QD game, though. (?)

You can legally download Fahrenheit for like $10 from Good Old Games on PC.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm

01/09 Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
01/15 Sonic Generations - PS3
01/25 Back to the Future The Game (all 5 episodes) PS3
02/04 Soul Caliber - Dreamcast
02/11 Monster Tale - DS

New:
02/23 Drill Dozer - GBA
03/05 Y's Book I - TG16 via Wii VC

Drill Dozer was a great game that with a different spin (pun intended) on the platforming genre. This game used the shoulder buttons better than any game I have played on a 16 to 32 bit console. I think the drill mechanic added so much more fun to solving puzzles making this game possibly my favorite GBA game ever.

Y's Book I... technically I didn't beat the whole game since the game is a compilation of Book I and II. I used the cut scene, boss battle, and loss of equipment as the ending point for the game. I am not quite sure whether I liked the game or not since my motivation was to beat the game with the rest of the people playing it this month. The concept of just running into enemies hoping that your stats are better than theirs is an interesting take on the RPG elements, the story and exploring seemed sup-par and didn't really pull me into the game. I'm not quite sure if I'll play through Book II right now to complete the "whole game", but this is a game I may revisit at a later date.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm

dsheinem wrote:[b]Journey - PS3 *new*

Wow. Stunning. Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable, albeit quite short (it is very much a 1-2 hour game designed to be played in one sitting [and perhaps revisited periodically]). This is one of the most gorgeous games I have ever played, and the music, art, and direction work together to construct a concert of awe. It also has one of the most inventive uses of online co-op I've ever seen.

That all said, I won't be shocked if a few of you don't like it :lol:

I've had my eye on this one. I heard it would be 4-5-ish hours for single, but I wasn't expecting 1-2. :? Hopefully it has more legs than that.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
Current - iOS
Golden Axe: The Duel - Saturn
Golden Axe - Genesis
Capcom Fighting Evolution - PS2
Metal Slug XX - PSP
Ketsui: Death Label - NDS
DoDonPachi: Blissful Death - iOS
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad - Arcade (MAME)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary -360
The Simpsons Arcade Game - PS3
Soul Edge - PS1
HamsterBall - PS3
BlazBlu: Continuum Shift Extend - Vita
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3- Vita
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita
Ys 1 - PSP
Journey - PS3
X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Arcade (MAME) *new*
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter - Arcade (MAME) *new*
Street Fighter X Tekken - PS3 *new*

TOTAL: 21

2011 Games Beaten
2010 Games Beaten

SFXT was fun enough in Single Player to make me feel ok about my purchase even if online stays broken forever :roll: . That said, I think I still prefer the pre-MvC2 games (and TvC) as my fave mashup fighters...obviously I'll need to give SFXT a bit more time to see where I'd place it in the Capcom pantheon...
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:31 pm

January
Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Missing link
Jamestown

February
Shank
Sonic Generations
Thunderforce III

March

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

A pretty good action RPG. The sidequests are MMO styled trash though so I just blitzed through one faction line and the main quest. Overall very good, but if you don't do the sidequests you can become seriously underleveled. The combat is fun and satisfying, but not overly complex. Only took 20ish hours and I don't really have a desire to play it anymore. I enjoyed it for what it was.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Return to General Gaming