by Gamerforlife Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm

dsheinem wrote:
Goregasm wrote:2012:

XIII
Metal gear solid 2
Super mario galaxy
Hitman : blood money
Gungrave

Hitman blood money was my first time playing a hitman title. I really enjoyed it. Although it was a lot of trial and error I never got bored trying new methods. I think this game is one of the best examples of the stealth action genre I've ever played. Could anyone tell me how the previous hitman titles compare to blood money??

Gungrave was a pretty fun way to kill a couple of hours. The shortness of the game probably saved it from becoming too stale. one thing that really annoyed me was the slow movement of the character. the visual style of the game is what made it worth the 4 dollars.

Both the Gungrave games are excellent (though I never made it past a late in game elevator level in Overdose). Everyone who enjoys fast paced action games and stylish gunplay should look them up! Make sure to play the sequel.

I have the first one and never finished it. It did seem pretty cool though. I may have to jump back into that game some time this year
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by RyaNtheSlayA Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I like the idea of using the spoiler tags for previous months to keep clutter down.

January
Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Missing link
Jamestown

February
Shank
Sonic Generations
Thunderforce III

An excellent shmup! I really liked the whole style of it. There's some pretty catchy tunes in it as well. Gotta love the garbled voices. Took all my credits to get through it though. I can make it to the end of Stage 3 on one but after that it's death after death. :lol:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 am

All Games:
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered - iOS
Tiki Towers 2 - iOS
inFAMOUS - PS3
The Blackwell Legacy - PC
Blackwell Unbound - PC
The Blackwell Convergence - PC
Blackwell Deception - PC
The Secret of Grisly Manor - iOS
Duke Nukem Forever - The Doctor Who Cloned Me - PC
Skate 3 - 360
Gears of War 3 - 360

Total for 2012: 12

The Darkness II - PC
I have not played the first game so I can not compare them, however after finishing the second I will be picking up the first game as soon as I can. A really enjoyable story, great graphics that are very stylish as well as the 'darkness' gameplay which adds to the normal FPS to keep the game feeling fresh.

I enjoyed it from start to finish, the biggest issue, the game SO SHORT, that annoying 3-4 hours style short. The game feels like it could have been so much more, just when you are really getting into it, it finishes, I was overtly shocked when the credits started to roll.

I have heard it is not as good as the original, which makes me very excited to try it out.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:36 am

I like short games, so I look forward to The Darkness II when it drops in price.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 am

J T wrote:I like short games, so I look forward to The Darkness II when it drops in price.

Generally I do too, and I loved the game, I can't stress that enough. But I finished it in 2 sittings.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 am

Yeah, that's a bit too short. I think my ideal play time is right around 10 hours to beat a game. That's not so long that I never finish, but not so short that I feel ripped off on content.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm

emwearz wrote:All Games:
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered - iOS
Tiki Towers 2 - iOS
inFAMOUS - PS3
The Blackwell Legacy - PC
Blackwell Unbound - PC
The Blackwell Convergence - PC
Blackwell Deception - PC
The Secret of Grisly Manor - iOS
Duke Nukem Forever - The Doctor Who Cloned Me - PC
Skate 3 - 360
Gears of War 3 - 360

Total for 2012: 12

The Darkness II - PC
I have not played the first game so I can not compare them, however after finishing the second I will be picking up the first game as soon as I can. A really enjoyable story, great graphics that are very stylish as well as the 'darkness' gameplay which adds to the normal FPS to keep the game feeling fresh.

I enjoyed it from start to finish, the biggest issue, the game SO SHORT, that annoying 3-4 hours style short. The game feels like it could have been so much more, just when you are really getting into it, it finishes, I was overtly shocked when the credits started to roll.

I have heard it is not as good as the original, which makes me very excited to try it out.

My friend seems to think it was better than the original and we both thought The Darkness was a really good game. I believe, at the very least, that it's longer.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:08 pm

I need to play The Darkness II. I was really captivated by the first game's story and the way in which it was told. I think it's unfortunate that some people are playing the sequel first though. From what I've seen of The Darkness II, it's story seems built off of the biggest spoiler and most emotional moment from the first game. You guys will go into the first game already knowing that's going to happen so it won't have the same impact
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:I need to play The Darkness II. I was really captivated by the first game's story and the way in which it was told. I think it's unfortunate that some people are playing the sequel first though. From what I've seen of The Darkness II, it's story seems built off of the biggest spoiler and most emotional moment from the first game. You guys will go into the first game already knowing that's going to happen so it won't have the same impact

Yeah I didn't even think of that. The first one is Starbreeze, those guys are rockstars in my book. Can't wait to check out their latest, Syndicate.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
geozeldadude
32-bit

by geozeldadude Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 pm

rating scale: two thumbs up = highly recommended, one thumb up = good not great, thumbs down = avoid

- virtua fighter remix (sat) -- thumbs down
- nintendogs + cats (3DS) -- one thumb up
- just dance 2 (wii) -- one thumb up
- NEW professor layton and the curious village (DS) -- one thumb up
- NEW photo dojo (DSiware) -- one thumb up
- NEW rhythm heaven fever (wii) -- one thumb up

finally finished the first professor layton game. i'm not into brain-teasers much in general so the game had limited appeal, but the style is so great that overall i enjoyed it. prob. going to skip the second one, though, and go straight to the third which seems to get better reviews.

did a quick run-through of photo dojo. entertaining, but limited. if i had cooler friends this would've def. had more longevity for me.

rhythm heaven fever was fun, but waaaay too similar to its DS (and GBA) predecessors. still, the gameplay is solid and there was enough novelty in the scenarios, despite quite a few being recycled, to keep me playing through to the end. passing the final stage (remix 10) was a huge pain, though, and much harder than the rest of the game. addition of multi-player was nice but not a "game-changer".

still no two-thumbs-up games for me yet this year ... :(
Return to General Gaming