Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

by alienjesus Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:41 pm

geozeldadude wrote:
re: just dance 2, i beat all the dances on 4 stars or higher (out of 5, so more or less equivalent to A-ranking vs. S-ranking). re: nintendogs 3D i beat the highest rank in all three competitions. in both those cases i think most people would qualify that as beating the game, although feel free to have your own opinion.

For what it's worth, I'd consider that as beating Nintendogs too. Theyre the only real goal in the game.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

by SwooshBear Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:36 pm

noiseredux wrote:In fact, I'm not as strict about fighting games. To me just beating Arcade Mode with a single character counts as beating the game. Going back and re-beating it with multiple characters is more of a completionist thing, and relies on how much I enjoyed the game or have interest in learning other characters.

Exactly how I view fighting games:

2012 Total: 2
Uncharted (Ps3)
Soul Calibur (Sc) *NEW*
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Games beaten so far:
1. Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again - DSiWare 8/10
2. Sonic Generations - PS3 9/10
3. Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS 7/10
4. Starship Defense (All no SOS perfects) - DSiWare 5/10
5. Soul of Darkness - DSiWare 8/10

Mutant Mudds (All crystals and water sprouts) - 3DS Eshop 5/10 *New*
The Simpsons Arcade (US Version) - PS3 8/10 *New*

Got my recently broken 3DS working again, and for some reason I decided to give Mutant Mudds another shot and finished it with all crystals and water sprouts, which gives you a rather lame ending and even lamer unlockable. Still not impressed by this mediocre title. The only thing that stands out is it's difficulty due to some annoying, cheap level designs, but it's beatable by any veteran platform fan

I played through Simpsons Arcade on the PS3 and it brought back a lot of fond memories. I was surprised by how well it holds up. It seems more fun and better designed than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game and X-Men Arcade and having the tweaked Japanese version thrown into this port along with the US version is just class. I think it's awesome to see this, TMNT and X-Men Arcade having all been released on PSN/Xbox Live Arcade, but I'd say this is the best of the three. I guess this almost makes up for us never getting a REAL Xbox Live Arcade/PSN release of the arcade version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 am

sabrage wrote:-Serious Sam 3
-Super Mario World
-Donkey Kong Country
-Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge

GOD those last two bosses in Castlevania were hard, especially Dracula. Those two alone added a good two hours to my playtime. I'm so glad it's over...

+2
-Tyrian 2000: Easy, mindless fun
-Super Mario Land 2: One of my favorite games from my childhood. I remember my friend used to have every single level unlocked, and I would play it on his Gameboy Pocket. He always got mad at me for playing the last level because "it's too hard" and I would lose all his lives... That level has haunted me to this day. But I finally did it!
geozeldadude
32-bit

by geozeldadude Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 am

sabrage wrote:-Super Mario Land 2: One of my favorite games from my childhood. I remember my friend used to have every single level unlocked, and I would play it on his Gameboy Pocket. He always got mad at me for playing the last level because "it's too hard" and I would lose all his lives... That level has haunted me to this day. But I finally did it!

SML2 is a lot of fun, but i def. agree that the last level is disproportionately difficult compared to the rest of the game. still, it's fun to kick wario's @$$. maybe the only time mario and wario actually go head to head, outside of the party games.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
Current - iOS
Golden Axe: The Duel - Saturn
Golden Axe - Genesis
Capcom Fighting Evolution - PS2
Metal Slug XX - PSP
Ketsui: Death Label - NDS
DoDonPachi: Blissful Death - iOS *new*
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad - Arcade (MAME) *new*

TOTAL: 9

2011 Games Beaten
2010 Games Beaten

DDP:BD is an excellent port of DDP:DOJ, and Cave is really bringing their A game to their iOS ports. Controls beautifully, looks stunning, and a blast to play.

I had never played this sequel to Shock Troopers (it has no home console release outside of the Neo-Geo), and while it isn't as good as its predecessor in my view, it is still a very solid run-n-gun title. The graphics are quite impressive in some of the later stages, which almost makes up for the crushing ramp up in difficulty. I'd consider this to be an overlooked Neo-Geo title, and one that more people should check out!
Goregasm
16-bit

by Goregasm Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:00 am

2012:

XIII
Metal gear solid 2
Super mario galaxy
Last edited by Goregasm on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:39 am

dsheinem wrote:

I had never played this sequel to Shock Troopers (it has no home console release outside of the Neo-Geo), and while it isn't as good as its predecessor in my view, it is still a very solid run-n-gun title. The graphics are quite impressive in some of the later stages, which almost makes up for the crushing ramp up in difficulty. I'd consider this to be an overlooked Neo-Geo title, and one that more people should check out!

I've only ever played this Shock Troopers game, but I do love it. I was always disappointed it was never released for any download service or Neo Geo compilation.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:35 pm

1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)

beat with the wife, who is a recent beat-em-up convert, but had never had the chance to play this classic ...

noisette wrote:Loved this beat em up, better than Turtles in Time but nothing beats Streets of Rage for me :) The game was a little harder than I expected, especially using the Homer character because he does not have any useful weapons like the other characters do. Homer dies easily because he has to get really close to the enemies where as the other characters can hit the enemies with objects, like skateboards, from further away. Despite how short the game is, it is definitely worth checking out. Especially since it will no longer takes $5.00 in quarters to beat! Also, as a fan of the Simpsons, I thought that the graphics looked good but there could have been more use of one of my favorite characters, Mr. Burns-Excellent.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

noiseredux wrote:1. Sonic CD (PSN)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (PS3)
3. Ico (PS3)
4. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
6. SoulBlade (PS1)
7. SoulCalibur II (PS2)
8. The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3)

beat with the wife, who is a recent beat-em-up convert, but had never had the chance to play this classic ...

noisette wrote:Loved this beat em up, better than Turtles in Time but nothing beats Streets of Rage for me :) The game was a little harder than I expected, especially using the Homer character because he does not have any useful weapons like the other characters do. Homer dies easily because he has to get really close to the enemies where as the other characters can hit the enemies with objects, like skateboards, from further away. Despite how short the game is, it is definitely worth checking out. Especially since it will no longer takes $5.00 in quarters to beat! Also, as a fan of the Simpsons, I thought that the graphics looked good but there could have been more use of one of my favorite characters, Mr. Burns-Excellent.

I love this port. Not just because it's a good port, but because the game holds up surprisingly well. I'm glad others are enjoying it too. Konami gets a big thumbs up for doing this. I still think it's weird that they didn't released it when the Simpsons movie came out though. I haven't tried Homer yet. Marge seems easiest with her long reach
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Return to General Gaming