Games Beaten 2012

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

Post by REPO Man »

Ainevoltas 2, but it turns out that there's some replayability.
boobie
16-bit

Post by boobie »

jfe2 wrote:
J T wrote:
boobie wrote:Super crate box (PC) 9/10 "new"

This game can be beaten? I thought it was just one of those old-school style arcade games that never ends.

I personally considered it beat when I unlocked everything.

True but I consider it beaten because I unlocked everything. Also I wanted to put it on my list to maybe get some people play it. Awesome game and really on of those "one more try" type of games.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

01/09 Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
01/15 Sonic Generations - PS3 NEW
01/25 Back to the Future The Game - NEW

Total: 3 (or 8 if you count each individual episode of BTTF)

I loved this game. Other than my original NES I probably spent more hours playing PC point and click adventure games than any other genre. I was in middle school when Back to the Future was in the theaters and in high school during the Sierra adventure game boom. It was only natural that I would love this game, not for the puzzles but for the story. It was like playing and watching Back to the Future Part 4.
Anyway, if you are a kid of the 80's or an adventure gamer of the 90's this game is worth checking out. I was able to pick up the disc version for only $10 at Best Buy and it was worth at least double that price.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SpaceBooger wrote:01/09 Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
01/15 Sonic Generations - PS3 NEW
01/25 Back to the Future The Game - NEW

Total: 3 (or 8 if you count each individual episode of BTTF)

I loved this game. Other than my original NES I probably spent more hours playing PC point and click adventure games than any other genre. I was in middle school when Back to the Future was in the theaters and in high school during the Sierra adventure game boom. It was only natural that I would love this game, not for the puzzles but for the story. It was like playing and watching Back to the Future Part 4.
Anyway, if you are a kid of the 80's or an adventure gamer of the 90's this game is worth checking out. I was able to pick up the disc version for only $10 at Best Buy and it was worth at least double that price.

wow really, huh? I love point-n-clicks too. I downloaded the free first Episode from PSN a while ago and found it so janky.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

noiseredux wrote:wow really, huh? I love point-n-clicks too. I downloaded the free first Episode from PSN a while ago and found it so janky.

It took a while for me to get used the the controls.
After playing for a bit I realized that I should only use the analog stick to move Marty and then use the shoulder buttons to move between items/objects in each room/screen. Once I did that, the game was more enjoyable and felt more comfortable.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Pirate_Higemaru
8-bit

Post by Pirate_Higemaru »

Red Dead Redemption-Xbox 360
Ico-Playstation 3 (Playstation 2)
Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars-GameBoy Advance
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile-Playstation 3 (Playstation)

And if we're counting replays (which I don't when I'm tallying them up at the end of the year)
Batman: Arkham City-Playstation 3
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game-Playstation 3
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

All Games:
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered - iOS
Tiki Towers 2 - iOS
inFAMOUS - PS3
The Blackwell Legacy - PC

Total for 2012: 6

Blackwell Unbound - PC

Everything you could want in a sequel (though storywise it is a prequel), great story line, they have expanded upon the engine to give you more control (As you can now swap between Joey the ghost and Rosa at will) as well as improving the ways in which you must research and investigate.

The Blackwell Convergence - PC
If Unbound built upon the original, Convergence built even more so upon that. The graphics have had a big overhaul and everything looks amazing and detailed. The story links in nicely with Unbound (Which is understandable as they were originally going to be a single game), the ingame internet for researching has taken another step forward making it more engaging to research and investigate.

The Blackwell series is a must for Adventure game fans!
Last edited by emwearz on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Just finished Dragon Quest IV on the DS. Loved it. Got kinda cryptic at the end so I had to resort to a walkthrough.

Think I'll take a break from the RPGs try some Metal Slug 7 and Contra 4.
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/2 Cannon Spike (DC)
1/9 Mega Man X4 (GCN)
1/22 Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade (PC)
1/28 Police 911 2 (Arcade)

Redline and I hit up Pinballz in Austin yesterday and I put some serious effort into one of my favorite lightgun games, Police 911 2. I was really in the zone yesterday and made it through the game with just a few continues which surprised me since I rarely took advantage of any cover, preferring head shots on suspects as soon as they entered the screen.

At the end of the game, I was given top marks for bravery...and abysmal marks for ethics!
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

I beat HL2: Episode 2 for the countless time again last night, but for the first time on PC. I'm still waiting anxiously for ep.3.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.