Games Beaten 2012

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2012

Post by Ack »

Late to join this thread. I haven't gotten to beat many games this year, as I have been busy between the new job, the new apartment, my dating life, etc. But I have beaten a few, and now that I am settled, I will try to beat more.

1. Mortal Kombat (PS3)
2. The Ball (PC)
3. Tyrian 2000 (PC)
4. Shogo - Mobile Armor Division (PC)
SuperAnthony64
64-bit

Post by SuperAnthony64 »

SNES
Shadowrun

Wii:
Zelda Skyward Sword
Disaster Day of Crisis

GameCube:

Zelda Twilight Princess

3DS:
Cave Story 3D
Resident Evil Revelations

PS3:
The Orange Box
Red Dead Redemption
Dark Souls
Batman Arkham Asylum

Xbox 360:
Blue Dragon
Alan Wake

PC:
Doom 3
Last edited by SuperAnthony64 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3DS Friend Code: 4983 5187 8956
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, adding one more to the pile.

1. Mortal Kombat (PS3)
2. The Ball (PC)
3. Tyrian 2000 (PC)
5. Disney's Goof Troop (SNES)

Capcom made quite a few excellent, albeit simple, games for Disney between 1988-1993. Bonkers, Disney's Magical Quest, The Great Circus Mystery, and Goof Troop form the core of Capcom's Disney games on the Super Nintendo. Up until today, I had beaten the first three, but now I can safely say I have beaten the entirety of the Capcom/Disney US SNES lineup (there is one more game in this set, a followup to Magical Quest and Great Circus Mystery, but it was never released outside of Japan).

I have said in the past that these games are simplistic yet great for children, and Goof Troop is no exception: it is colorful, well animated, populated by decent music considering its early release during the SNES' lifespan, features limited violence, and is generally quite easy. But it does feature some puzzles which require a little thought, and it features co-operative multiplayer, making it an enjoyable game to play with a young friend (ie. your kids). Goofy and Max, the leads from the early 90s Goof Troop cartoon, feature different abilities: Max is much faster in his movement than Goofy, but Goofy is more powerful when throwing pots and barrels, allowing him to easily defeat enemies much more challenging for Max.

It's a fun game. Yes, it is easy. Yes, it is simple. It's also an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. If you enjoy Disney properties as well as Capcom, you may want to check it out. And before you knock the partnership, might I remind you that the Capcom/Disney fusion also brought us the Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, and Rescue Rangers games...
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

01/09 Golden Axe Warrior - SMS
01/15 Sonic Generations - PS3
01/25 Back to the Future The Game (all 5 episodes) - PS3
02/04 Soul Caliber - Dreamcast
02/11 Monster Tale - DS
02/23 Drill Dozer - GBA
03/05 Y's Book I - TG16 via Wii VC

New:
04/29 Captain American and the Avengers - Arcade - MAME

My 3 year old son and I played through this game together. We played this game for 2 reasons:
1) I am excited for the new Avengers movie
2) You can insert tons of coins in the game and increase the life meter to 999

With my son having a nearly invincible Iron Man, we were able to play through the game even though he really had no idea how to play - he just moved Iron Man back and forth across the screen.
The game was not one of the best beat 'em ups but it was OK. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but not enough to play through it again anytime soon.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

I haven't updated this since February. I guess I should.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PC Download)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2 (PS3)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3 (PS3)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4 (PS3)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5 (PS3)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6 (PS3)
Gemini Rue (PC Download)

Dinner Date (PC Download)
Dinner Date was terrible. Avoid.

Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
Great fun. A bit on the easy side but Mario Kart is still solid.

AR Games: Archery (3DS)
This plus the other 2 AR games are considered seperate because they do have 'win' conditions. They are great demos of what AR technology can do. But the gameplay is on the light side. I hope someone can utilize AR type games to enhance regular gameplay down the line.

Vanquish (PS3)
A true hidden gem. Also one of the only games Ive ever seen that allows you to take cover on objects lower then waist high. Would love to get the platinum trophy but I can't be bothered to do the ridiculously hard challenges.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC Download)
Campaign was worth the 5 dollar entry fee. Its a great ride, but I still don't see why these games are so popular. The multiplayer is garbage.

Hard Reset (PC Download)
I freaking loved the atmosphere, graphics, and lighting. Gunplay felt great too. But the AI felt kind cheap, and the lack of enemy varity and incomprehensible story really got in the way of my enjoyment of this.

Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (PC Download)
Found the humour more annoying then funny. But it was good mindless fun after 3 games full of shooting and explosions.

The Graveyard (PC Download)
Much better the Dinner Date. But I really hated the one and only song in it. I can not recommend. If you want to play an experimental 'game' play The Path instead.

Mass Effect 2 - Kasumi: Stole Memory DLC (PC Download)
Kasumi isn't all that great. Her mission was a cool concept but it could have been explored more fully. My least favourite of the DLC.

Mass Effect 2 - Overlord DLC (PC Download)
The story in the first half of this DLC is just like ugh, why do I care at all. But the combat encounters and hub type area were well implemented. And the end of the story is freaking great. So creepy, and yet you feel for the character. Plus this DLC gives you the best song in the whole game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiPH8TwIe9U

Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC (PC Download)
Great story and characterization. Combat was well designed but dragged on a bit too much. The boss battle and introduction of a new species and a whole slew of new codex entries and speech segments were great.

Mass Effect 2 - Arrival DLC (PC Download)
This DLC gets a lot of hate. I don't know why. I thought it did enough different from the rest of the game that it was actually quite good. Story was good as well.

AR Games: AR Shot (3DS)
AR Games: Fishing (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (PC)
A great freaking ride. The music is probably some of the best in the series. The new characters, other then Chobot's, were all welcome editions. Gameplay seemed to be the best of Mass Effect 1 and 2. The co-op multiplayer mode is suprisily solid and fun. I wasn't nearly as disappointed with the ending as some were, but it could have been better. Also, the sidequest which were just lame go here and scan fetch quests were a few too many. The lack of a true final boss also hurt the game. But in the end I just have to say, god damn it Mordin, you almost made me cry.

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP Micro (iOS)
The music is great. So is the art. But eh, gameplay was not my cup of tea.

Halo 3 ODST (x360)
Too short, but otherwise a great new take on the Halo series.

DLC Quest (PC Download)
Short and charming platformer. Will never revisit though.

Journey (PSN)
There are no words to describe this game. If you own a PS3 you owe it to yourself to buy this game. It litterally can't be talked about without spoiling it, so just go buy and play it already.

Mario's Picross (3DS)
I got this from Club Nintendo. Im so glad I did. I love visual puzzles like this and I ended up spending more time on this then I did Mario Kart 7. Will buy the newer Picross games at some point. I definately still recommend this though.

Battlefield 3 (PC Download)
Such a forgetable and bad singleplayer. It had some moments, like the Paris mission, but otherwise eh. Multiplayer, which is why I bought the game, is great. But the latest patch has made the game completely unplayable :( I think its a memory leak.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution (PC Download)
Very unique combat mechanics with beatiful sprites. A bit on the easy side, but with other unlockable characters which play fairly differently this was worth the 4 dollar entry fee.

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (PC Download)
I had the original on disk at somepoint. I don't know what happened to it. So I bought this. As a kid I could never get past the 3 trials because, well, I suck at point and click adventures. But I did get past them here, mostly on my own and was able to experience the rest of the game. The new art is top notch. Guys new design was kinda ugly though. I always made him out to be much more manly looking, but not the useful manly type look, more like the pretty boy kind of manly. But his redesign made him look like a nerdy teen. Not cool. Still, very glad I finally experienced this whole game.
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/2 Cannon Spike (DC)
1/9 Mega Man X4 (GCN)
1/17 Psycho Soldier (PSN)
1/22 Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade (PC)
1/28 Police 911 2 (Arcade)
2/7 Soul Calibur V (PS3)
2/26 Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition (PS3)
3/7 Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
4/14 Sonic CD (PSN)
5/3 Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)

Dragon Ball is a guilty pleasure of mine. Mindless, stupid fun. Tenkaichi 3 is probably the second best Dragon Ball Z game I have ever played. The sheer amount of content it has is staggering. At first I was a little sad that the story mode only contains about 3 fights for each major story line...until I realized that they had nearly every story line, major or otherwise, represented.

Tenkaichi 3 is not quite as epic as Budokai 3 was back on the PS2, but any game that I keep playing after I 100% it is doing something right.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Ack

Post by Ack »

1. Mortal Kombat (PS3)
2. The Ball (PC)
3. Tyrian 2000 (PC)
6. Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)

I am considering this one beaten, as I have finally managed to survive all of the episodes involving the main L4D2 party, including finally beating Dark Carnival, which had a bad habit of spawning tanks on me while I was going for the helicopter.

Anyway, I have been playing this via Steam with Fastbilly and another friend of ours. I really appreciate this game for allowing me to spend time with my friends doing what we do best (griefing each other). While I do feel a bit late to the party because I'm only just now getting into it, I appreciate that I have friends willing to put up with me and help me understand the learning curve. I will be playing more of this and getting the hang of realism most likely.

God bless coop FPS.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Ack wrote:1. Mortal Kombat (PS3)
2. The Ball (PC)
3. Tyrian 2000 (PC)
6. Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)

I am considering this one beaten, as I have finally managed to survive all of the episodes involving the main L4D2 party, including finally beating Dark Carnival, which had a bad habit of spawning tanks on me while I was going for the helicopter.

Anyway, I have been playing this via Steam with Fastbilly and another friend of ours. I really appreciate this game for allowing me to spend time with my friends doing what we do best (griefing each other). While I do feel a bit late to the party because I'm only just now getting into it, I appreciate that I have friends willing to put up with me and help me understand the learning curve. I will be playing more of this and getting the hang of realism most likely.

God bless coop FPS.

Did you ever play Left 4 Dead (One)?
Ack

Post by Ack »

No, I didn't get the chance, partly due to its extremely short shelf life due to Valve's pushing out the sequel.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

I beat Sonic Pocket Adventure today. Pretty short ride, but a fantastic one. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I made a post about it in the Other Platforms board.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter