Games Beaten 2012

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Luke
Next-Gen

Games Beaten 2012

Post by Luke »

Happy New Year and get ready to beat tons of games in 2012. List your games beaten, lists of games beaten, thoughts on the games you've beaten, stats, etc. There is no standard format, but for the new guys posting here, check out the 2011 thread as some members have a distinct style to their lists.

Luckily, I get to start this thread out with a bang:

Child of Eden, 1/1/2012

If you own a Kinect, you are doing yourself a major disservice if you do not own this game. I have zero complaints about this game, and you will see it more than once in my list.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

Post by alienjesus »

And off we go...

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS

I quite enjoyed this game. It reminded me of a cross between mario galaxy and super mario Bros 3. The level designs definitely reminded me of mario galaxy, but their brief length, the power up system and the level structure were reminiscent of Mario Bros. 3 and New Super Mario Bros. The game was rather easy and fairly sort, but from my understanding the REAL game starts after the credits.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I polished off the Sonic CD remake. I had only the last act of the last zone.

I didn't have all the Time Stones, so I'm working on that at the moment. I've only got one left, and I've just passed Act 1 of Quartz Quadrant, but that's considering that if it looked like I was gonna fail the special stage, I'd just go back to the main menu and start again.

Also gonna try to finish off Cave Story (beat the game before with the bad ending).
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

alienjesus wrote:And off we go...

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS

I quite enjoyed this game. It reminded me of a cross between mario galaxy and super mario Bros 3. The level designs definitely reminded me of mario galaxy, but their brief length, the power up system and the level structure were reminiscent of Mario Bros. 3 and New Super Mario Bros. The game was rather easy and fairly sort, but from my understanding the REAL game starts after the credits.

Same here. Great game, sank about 20 hours into it. Still haven't found all the star coins. Got about 220 on my own before resorting to GameFAQs. How was I supposed to know that Toad tosses you coins if you stare at him through binoculars? :lol:
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS

Same here. Great game, sank about 20 hours into it. Still haven't found all the star coins. Got about 220 on my own before resorting to GameFAQs. How was I supposed to know that Toad tosses you coins if you stare at him through binoculars? :lol:

With games like these, I usually make it 2/3rds of the way to completion on my own, then I let the internet help me the rest of the way (without cheat codes, of course.) Like you said, some challenges make no sense and I would never figure them out on my own in a million years.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS

Haha, I figured that out pretty early on myself
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

01/01 Shenmue

Epic 70 man battle was epic !!!

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/2 Cannon Spike (DC)

Fun little game. I honestly have no idea what to make of it. It's a mish mash of really random bosses, stages, and player characters. It's a lot of fun all the same, though.

If there was only one thing I'd change to improve the game, it'd be to give the shooting controls more of a Smash TV style approach. Having to turn towards what you want to shoot is a bit of a liability when you are dodging bullets.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Flake wrote:1/2 Cannon Spike (DC)

Fun little game. I honestly have no idea what to make of it. It's a mish mash of really random bosses, stages, and player characters. It's a lot of fun all the same, though.

If there was only one thing I'd change to improve the game, it'd be to give the shooting controls more of a Smash TV style approach. Having to turn towards what you want to shoot is a bit of a liability when you are dodging bullets.

I keep meaning to actually play this through to the end. This is a nice reminder. I agree about the controls. Who did you end up using in your game beating run?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Flake wrote:1/2 Cannon Spike (DC)

I haven't played Cannon Spike, but it looks kind of similar to The Red Star, a game that I recommend everyone to play
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.