Games Beaten 2012

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

Post by lisalover1 »

I beat Ecco Jr. yesterday in about 20 minutes. Wow, I never expected an Ecco game to be so EASY! There weren't any enemies or even time limits in the game!
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

First half of 2012:
7/15 Max Payne 3 (360)

Games Beaten = 21
DLC = 6

7/23 Halo: Reach (360)
Before the original Halo, I was a dyed-in-the-wool, FPS-games-only-work-with-a-mouse-and-keyboard kinda guy. Halo was the first console FPS game that felt right on a controller. That said, I feel like Reach is the epitome of that kind of gameplay that Halo first brought to the table. The story in this one is simple, it's a prequel to the trilogy, and it follows a team of six as you try and defend a planet from the onslaught of the Covenant. That's pretty much all there is to say. There's a couple of nods to those that have played the originals and perfect FPS-on-a-console gameplay. Pure gaming bliss IMO. Highly recommended.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Cogs - (Mac)
Sonic Generations - (PS3)
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection - (PS3)
Sonic Unleashed - (PS3)
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus - (PS3)
Child of Eden - (PS3)
Rocket Knight - (PS3)
Soldner X 2 : Final Prototype - (PS3)
Outrun Online Arcade - (PS3)
Castlevania - (NES)
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle - (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula X : Chi no Rondo - (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula X : Gekka no Yasoukyoku - (PSP)
Gradius - (PSP)
Xexex - (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula - Ubawareta Kokukin - (DS)
Christmas Nights - (Saturn)
Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG - (Saturn)
Keito no Kirby - (Wii)
Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets - (Xbox 360)
Mushihimesama Futari - (Xbox 360)

Vampire Savior - (Saturn)
Ghost Trick - (DS)

Ran through arcade mode with Q-Bee, Bulleta and Felicia in Vampire Savior. (Normal, Turbo, and Auto&Turbo modes respectively.) I really love this game. I'm not very good at picking out the finer nuances in fighting games, I just know that I really like the way Savior plays; very fluid, and most importantly, fun.

Ghost Trick I've been meaning to get to since it was released, but I suppose it's better late than never. It's a pretty cool game, though I suppose I'd almost liken it to a supernatural detective novel in video game form. There's really more text than there is gameplay, and while what gameplay there is is a bit novel, the things you can and can't interact with are a bit unintuitive at times, which was something that really frustrated me in a few spots.
At about chapter 16, I think the wheels sort of fell off the bus in terms of the story. I saw a much tidier story evolving before that point, and it seemed to blow up into a bit of a mess; degrading into some stereotypical modern Japanese storytelling cliches. It was decent for what it was, and overall I think it's a clever game. Despite my hangups about the ending, it managed to grab at my emotions, anyway.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Spec Ops:The Line

The 3rd person gameplay isn't the best but damn is the story interesting enough to play through it.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/2 Cannon Spike (DC)
1/9 Mega Man X4 (GCN)
1/17 Psycho Soldier (PSN)
1/22 Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade (PC)
1/28 Police 911 2 (Arcade)
2/7 Soul Calibur V (PS3)
2/26 Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition (PS3)
3/7 Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
4/14 Sonic CD (PSN)
5/3 Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)
6/3 Metroid Prime (Wii)
7/1 Metroid: Other M (Wii)
7/1 Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
7/7 Strikers: 1945 (Arcade)
7/25 Super Mario 3D Land

Super Mario 3D Land is a weird game. On the one hand, it feels almost like a demo. The game and the levels are just so short. On the other hand, it has the production values of one of the Galaxy games. The asthetics and gameplay choices are clearly derived from Mario 3 but the level design and general goofiness feels straight out of Mario Land 2. It is a really great game and should be a must have for anyone with a 3DS.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
J_Wil
32-bit

Post by J_Wil »

I miss the days when I cold rattle off a whole list of games I've played through. It's been a sad 2012 thus far. I have spent roughly 66% of the last 2 years outside of the US for business purposes and haven't had the time to get into anything.

I knocked out Saint's Row: The Third (Xbox 360) and Mortal Kombat (PS Vita).
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Wow, can't believe I'm already posting in this thread again.

Cogs - (Mac)
Sonic Generations - (PS3)
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection - (PS3)
Sonic Unleashed - (PS3)
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus - (PS3)
Child of Eden - (PS3)
Rocket Knight - (PS3)
Soldner X 2 : Final Prototype - (PS3)
Outrun Online Arcade - (PS3)
Castlevania - (NES)
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle - (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula X : Chi no Rondo - (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula X : Gekka no Yasoukyoku - (PSP)
Gradius - (PSP)
Xexex - (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula - Ubawareta Kokukin - (DS)
Christmas Nights - (Saturn)
Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG - (Saturn)
Keito no Kirby - (Wii)
Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets - (Xbox 360)
Mushihimesama Futari - (Xbox 360)
Vampire Savior - (Saturn)
Ghost Trick - (DS)

Guardian Heroes - (Saturn)
New Super Mario Bros - (DS)

I've been fairly vocal about my thoughts on Guardian Heroes over in the together retro forum; It's a game that hasn't really lived up to it's reputation for me. It's not a bad way to kill time, and it's still a very pleasant game to look at, but the game play mechanics don't feel like they've aged incredibly well to me. Probably more fun to play with friends, as with any beat 'em up.

New Super Mario Bros is pretty much everything I don't really care for about the Mario franchise and a little bit more. It's not a bad game by any means. It's just not really my preferred style of platformer. Also, every power-up in this game, aside from the fire flower and star man, is 100% useless from a practical standpoint.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

pierrot wrote:New Super Mario Bros is pretty much everything I don't really care for about the Mario franchise and a little bit more. It's not a bad game by any means. It's just not really my preferred style of platformer. Also, every power-up in this game, aside from the fire flower and star man, is 100% useless from a practical standpoint.

I found it to be one of the easiest SMB games ever. I beat it in a single sitting. I was so glad I had borrowed it from a friend rather than dropping $30 on it.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

noiseredux wrote:
pierrot wrote:New Super Mario Bros is pretty much everything I don't really care for about the Mario franchise and a little bit more. It's not a bad game by any means. It's just not really my preferred style of platformer. Also, every power-up in this game, aside from the fire flower and star man, is 100% useless from a practical standpoint.

I found it to be one of the easiest SMB games ever. I beat it in a single sitting. I was so glad I had borrowed it from a friend rather than dropping $30 on it.

I loved the game. It felt like old-school Mario was back. I agree it was easy, but as I've gotten older I've found that pretty much all the 2D Mario games are easy (excluding Super Mario Bros. 2 (Doki Panic)). Doesn't make them any less fun for me, though.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

noiseredux wrote:

Yeah, it took me about two sittings to beat it, but I agree. If I had paid full price for this game when it was released, I probably would have been pretty upset.