Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2012

Post by Gamerforlife »

alienjesus wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:
alienjesus wrote:And off we go...

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS

I quite enjoyed this game. It reminded me of a cross between mario galaxy and super mario Bros 3. The level designs definitely reminded me of mario galaxy, but their brief length, the power up system and the level structure were reminiscent of Mario Bros. 3 and New Super Mario Bros. The game was rather easy and fairly sort, but from my understanding the REAL game starts after the credits.

Same here. Great game, sank about 20 hours into it. Still haven't found all the star coins. Got about 220 on my own before resorting to GameFAQs. How was I supposed to know that Toad tosses you coins if you stare at him through binoculars? :lol:

Haha, I figured that out pretty early on myself

I did too, I thought it was fairly obvious what you needed to use the binoculars for. I use gamefaqs shamelessly for some genres, but I just can't do it with platformers. That's one of those genres that brings out my gaming ego. I've managed to find all the stars on my own so far. So so far so good
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Flake

Post by Flake »

dsheinem wrote:I keep meaning to actually play this through to the end. This is a nice reminder. I agree about the controls. Who did you end up using in your game beating run?

Megaman. I almost made it to the end with Cammy but Megaman turned out to be a little more my style. If you figure out when it is safe to use his tornado melee attack, he is really vicious.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Sonic CD, withthe Time Stones. Still have 2 Achievements (Heavy Metal and the time attack one) and playing as Tails.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

All Games:

Total for 2012: 2

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered - iOS
While it is of course no where near as good as the original, it is still and awesome game that helped me pass some time over the new year period. It is much more linear and easier than the first installment. Picked this up for free over the holiday period.

Tiki Towers 2 - iOS
I had played bits of the first one and saw the second one for free during a promotion so I had to get on it, I really enjoyed it. For those who have not played the series they are a physics based game where you must destroy blocks without a certain block touching the ground, great fun and the general thing I look for in a iPhone game, short little bursts of entertainment.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Golden Axe III (360)

I unlocked Golden Axe Warrior in the process ; together retro, here I come.
Hyp81
16-bit

Post by Hyp81 »

I just beat Call of Duty, World @ War: Final Fronts. I feel amazingly accomplished because I've never played a first-person war game like that before. :D
NES~SNES~Genesis+32X~SegaCD~Atari Jaguar~N64~Saturn~PS1~Dreamcast~Game Cube~PS2~Wii~XBox 360~XBox One
Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES), Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (GameCube)
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Sonic CD again, as Tails w/ all Time Stones. Pissed that you can't get the Heavy Metal achievement as Tails. Trying to get my times down in Time Attack to 25minutes. Gotta shave off about a minute and change. But I'm having a hard time.
16bitforlife

Post by 16bitforlife »

1/3/12: New Super Mario Bros. (DS)... Got this one a few years late and burned through it the last two months. Three stars next to my save file.
Lodestar
128-bit

Post by Lodestar »

Half-Life 2 and both episodes.

I wasn't sure what to think of HL2 at first, my first impression was that it was a fairly bland, typical FPS game that didn't age well - I was wrong. While it had its ups and downs, it shaped up to be an engrossing adventure, albeit a bit long for what it had to offer. I think my main gripes with the game were the easy physics puzzles and the never-ending vehicle sections with poor controls - they seriously gave me a headache because the tiniest bump in the road could potentially cause a vehicle to spin violently out of control. I looked up "half-life 2 nausea" and was surprised to see how many people were sickened by the vehicle camera and also the small FOV of the game. I was relieved to see that Valve corrected these issues in the other episodes. Flaws aside, the game had a lot of memorable parts and I commend Valve for pioneering certain elements of the FPS genre.

I want to play Half-Life 1, but it's too dated looking. Black Mesa mod needs to hurry up and come out. :(
If you like retro games, come hang out on my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/lodey
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Renulph
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

REPO Man wrote:Sonic CD again, as Tails w/ all Time Stones. Pissed that you can't get the Heavy Metal achievement as Tails. Trying to get my times down in Time Attack to 25minutes. Gotta shave off about a minute and change. But I'm having a hard time.

You can play as Tails on Sonic CD?