Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Para
128-bit

Big Box SNES Games

by Para Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:20 pm

I was wondering if anyone on here had any additional information on a special type of Super Nintendo games. For anyone who don't know what I am talking about:
I am referring to any game that is released on the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom that comes in a box significantly larger than the standard sized ones.

The most obvious examples would be Earthbound, Mario Paint and Super Bomberman Party pack. Here is an example picture of Zelda: A Link to the Past comparing the size of the boxes (Big box version is PAL exclusive, as are most big box games)

I think I have a fairly complete list but I might be missing one or two NSTC/PAL games, and I really don't know much about Super Famicom big box games, except for Mario & Wario.

Europe/PAL
Illusion of Time (Illusion of Gaia)
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Yoshi’s Island
Link to the Past
Terranigma
Lufia
Donkey Kong Country 2

North America/NTSC-U
Super Bomberman Party Pack
X BAND
Earthbound
Super Gameboy
Lethal Enforcers
Mario Paint

Japan/NTSC-J
Mario Paint
Mario & Wario

Also there are two different boxes for the Super Game Boy and I don't know any info about this version:

I have only ever seen this one, but the boxes are so drastically different and both cool, that I would like to own them both.

I currently own Mario & Wario, and Super Bomberman but I plan to eventually get all the big box games. I had Mario Paint but it disappeared so I need to get another one. If anyone has any additional info, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how to read Japanese and my knowledge of the Super Famicom library is very limited so I need an expert in this area.
Zing
Next-Gen

Re: Big Box SNES Games

by Zing Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:48 pm

I own your "mystery" Super Game Boy box. What do you want to know?

It's just the Super Game Boy, plus the official guide, along with the regular SBG manual. There is not a full removable insert, as in Earthbound. The box itself has folded parts inside to hold the cart.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
sbk
64-bit

by sbk Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Thats pretty neat. I own the Mario Paint box.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 am

I too have the big Mario Paint box -- use it to store the game and accessories
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Para
128-bit

by Para Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:09 am

Zing wrote:I own your "mystery" Super Game Boy box. What do you want to know?

It's just the Super Game Boy, plus the official guide, along with the regular SBG manual. There is not a full removable insert, as in Earthbound. The box itself has folded parts inside to hold the cart.

I assumed it was from some random part of the world but i see you're also from Canada. I didnt know there was two different versions for north America. If you or anyone has something I am looking for (in good condition) I would be willing to buy them.

Also the super famicom box version of the super game boy is slightly larger than a regular game box, but I don't really count that, and I already have it.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:33 pm

The Super Metroid one came with a walkthrough of the game. I used to have it, wish I never traded it, I haven't seen one in the wild since and in good condition they are nigh on impossible to find to on ebay.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Zing
Next-Gen

by Zing Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Para wrote:I assumed it was from some random part of the world but i see you're also from Canada. I didnt know there was two different versions for north America. If you or anyone has something I am looking for (in good condition) I would be willing to buy them.

I actually bought mine from a USA Ebay seller earlier this year.

I also didn't know about the different box until I found those images on the site you also discovered. I specifically tracked down this different version.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
Para
128-bit

by Para Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Looking for Japanese expertise from Breetai, Mjmjr, hashiriya, and/or anyone else who knows a lot about the Super Famicom library.

halp plz
vlame
Next-Gen

by vlame Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Para wrote:Looking for Japanese expertise from Breetai, Mjmjr, hashiriya, and/or anyone else who knows a lot about the Super Famicom library.

halp plz

inazuma? senseiman
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Return to General Gaming