Mass Effect Trilogy

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrEco
Next-Gen

Mass Effect Trilogy

Post by MrEco »

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/mass- ... -4-on-ps3/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6 ... PDKIKX0DER

So basically, PS3 version get's a bunch of DLC but the 360 and PC versions will release sooner are already released. I'm gettin' the PS3 version.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy

Post by Pulsar_t »

I find myself missing this sort of space opera. Sure, we keep getting more space games, but not the sort of lore that Bioware excels at (except for their epilogues :lol:)
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
marurun

Post by marurun »

It's funny, because the lore and "hard" sci-fi elements were strongest in the first game, but the first game had the weakest gameplay. As the gameplay improved, the lore and details got weaker and more hokey (but at least the characters stayed good throughout, with only a couple hiccups).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

I'm actually playing through the first one again due to the backwards comp on the Xbox one. Buggy parts are still poopy though lol.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I really have never touched the first, enjoyed the 2nd one to death on the PS3 which had all the extras on it already, but then I tried ME3 on the WiiU and it bored me and I didn't like other changes and just stopped on it. NOt sure how it works for people more familiar, but it comes off like a star wars thing where the 2nd one was the best to a lot of people perhaps?
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Mass Effect 2 is definitely the fan favorite. I think it's partly because of the huge cast and the extensive character building (and the interrupts), but I also think it's largely due to the fact that it was the first Mass Effect experience for Playstation owners.

I know that for me, ME2 felt disjointed and strange straight out of the gate because Shepard was getting involved in stuff I felt she never would have even considered given the events in the first game. For everyone who started there, though, it was just an awesome, intriguing story, period. I still highly enjoy it, but I admit my enthusiasm suffered from how much ME2 went against the grain I'd internalized from ME1. I found it impossible to ignore and my immersion was often broken because of it.

The first is my favorite, plot-wise, atmosphere-wise, and gameplay-wise. I'm never surprised when people say they hate the combat system, but I love it. It scratches some kind of itch that the others don't. I can definitely understand objectively how the later installments improved on certain mechanics, but for whatever reason I don't get as much fun out of those improvements.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Can you believe I even enjoyed the Mako segments? Reminded me a lot of the lander in Star Control 2. :)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Sarge wrote:Can you believe I even enjoyed the Mako segments? Reminded me a lot of the lander in Star Control 2. :)

While I gotta give you points for being a fan of Star Control 2, the Mako was a terrible terrible version of the lander. There was less to find and the terrain was asinine to traverse.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Although the Mako parts were bad and the game had its faults, ME1 is my favourite in the series by far. I agree with Key-Glyph on ME2. As for ME3, why did they break the journal!?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I just started 3 having only put a tiny bit of time into the first. The combat seems like a run of the mill 3rd person shooter but the RPG stuff seems to be pretty well done and interesting thus far. I'm only about an hour and a half in though.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.