Late Night Crew

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Late Night Crew

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Xeogred wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:-snip-

I notice you're up pretty late fairly often dude, lol. Any reason? Guess I'm being nosy, my excuse is unemployment right now I guess. It was bad last month insomnia was killing me so I was up to like 4-6 or even later somedays, ugh hate that haha. Now it's back to 2-3am and I'm passing out which is good for me.

I make my own work schedule, my one day of classes begins at 4pm, and there's little incentive for me to be up during the day except for my gf. I've always been a night owl though. For some reason, I just feel more awake, more alert, can think more clearly at night. I can't remember a time, even when I was really young in grade school, where I didn't stay up until really late. They young kids need about 10 hours of sleep a night, but I don't think I ever got even 8. I've pulled all-nighters more times than I could possibly count, at one point doing it about 8 times a month. Just the way I am, I guess. Even worse here because there's no real activity (thus the thread!) - at least when I was in California I'd catch the morning crew. :P

Also I hope you're playing Doom 64 Absolution, the PC "Doom 2 WAD/port" whatever you want to call it? I guess it doesn't really matter, though you get superior resolutions/framerates and all that jazz paying it that way over the N64 version.

Nope, but now that I know about it, I'll check it out. I've played through Doom 64 a number of times, and an expanded version might just be what I need to really feel the game again. Do you know if it is compatible with my N64 controller?
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

3:42 am! I was downloading the Forza 4 demo but then I got too sleepy. ZzZZ
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

Up late ('late'-ly) because of my excitement! Looking into the stuff I need for RGB to Component for a flat 36" Sony CRT, and just finished a 'game' plan (ho ho another pun!) just now to get it for all my consoles except NES! SNES, N64, Sega CDX, Saturn, and Dreamcast now (theoretically) have component to go along with my Wii, oXbox, and PS2! :D I am pumped! :twisted:

The only thing now is to wait until winter break to actually put my plan into action... :lol: :cry: ...can't lug a 200+ pound CRT TV into a cramped college dorm. Considering that I'm getting 3-4 hours of sleep because of this the past few days, I think it is going to feel like a loooong time.

Speaking of Doom, I think I'm going to actually try that out for DOS... I have PC and DS games to keep me company at least! 8)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

so can I be on the late night crew and the early morning crew?
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

7:21am! Just woke up on a Saturday.

Maybe I don't belong in this thread. :?
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Croooow!
128-bit

Post by Croooow! »

J T wrote:7:21am! Just woke up on a Saturday.

Maybe I don't belong in this thread. :?

:lol: I don't belong here either. Every morning I just automatically wake up at 6:30 a.m. even on weekends. Maybe we should have an early morning crew.
"There are two ways to get enough. One way is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." G.K. Chesterton

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

But I still think of myself as a late night person because I was one for so many years. After years of partying all night, I've had to turn around and adapt to the early morning life because either my wife or I have to be up early for our jobs Mon-Fri, and I know that sleeping in extra hours on weekends just makes you more tired later in the week, so I stopped doing that. My identity would have a hard time joining an early morning crew though, even if I probably belong there now.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Croooow!
128-bit

Post by Croooow! »

J T wrote:But I still think of myself as a late night person because I was one for so many years. After years of partying all night, I've had to turn around and adapt to the early morning life because either my wife or I have to be up early for our jobs Mon-Fri, and I know that sleeping in extra hours on weekends just makes you more tired later in the week, so I stopped doing that. My identity would have a hard time joining an early morning crew though, even if I probably belong there now.

I was the same way. In college and after graduation the earliest I would go to sleep would be 2 a.m. and I'd usually wake up around noon. My friends and I would still go drinking any day of the week and I usually started the morning with a Doctor Pepper or Red Bull. Once I quit drinking sugary caffeinated drinks my body quickly started demanding that I go to bed early and wake up earlier.
"There are two ways to get enough. One way is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." G.K. Chesterton

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Haha, I'm always on here late at night, but thats only like 10pm -midnight for all you americans. And thats the east coast. :lol:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Also I hope you're playing Doom 64 Absolution, the PC "Doom 2 WAD/port" whatever you want to call it? I guess it doesn't really matter, though you get superior resolutions/framerates and all that jazz paying it that way over the N64 version.

Nope, but now that I know about it, I'll check it out. I've played through Doom 64 a number of times, and an expanded version might just be what I need to really feel the game again. Do you know if it is compatible with my N64 controller?

If you've used it for other emulators or something as a gamepad I would think so, should be able to customize that in the options. I think it uses the Doomsday port if you've messed with that. I'm not sure but I'd think it would support that.