Late Night Crew

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Late Night Crew

Post by foxhound1022 »

Ugh. Back to my crappy schedule of sleeping about 3 hours a night. Yay.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I have an odd schedule. Ill sleep for like 3 hours, be up for 5, sleep for another 3 then be up for 4, then sleep 6 and so on. Maybe I am part cat... :mrgreen:
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Sano wrote:I have an odd schedule. Ill sleep for like 3 hours, be up for 5, sleep for another 3 then be up for 4, then sleep 6 and so on. Maybe I am part cat... :mrgreen:

I sleep about 3-4 hours total. I start work at 6:00 A.M., but usually don't go to sleep until about 1:00 or 2:00 A.M. Any more than 6 hours of sleep and I feel shitty.
kidfresh
24-bit

Post by kidfresh »

As much as I enjoy waking up early and having quiet time to myself.. it just doesn't happen. I have what they call "primary insomnia," which means your insomnia has no real cause. In my case, it's not a symptom as much as it is the actual problem.

I hate to believe that my problem is insomnia, although that's what I've been officially diagnosed with. I think that some people are just wired to be night owls. It has to be in your genes. Anyways, I cope real well, and have no complaints! On a good night, I'll fall asleep around 2am, wake back up at 7am, go to college till 11am, take a power nap, and then it's off to work til 6 or 7!

Insomnia's always been the reason I play retro games as much as I do. When you can't sleep, you might as well be doing *something.* And playing Neo Geo sure beats rolling around in bed, and overthinking things to death for four hours.

Tonight, I'm running through Rocket Knight Adventures again. Maybe I'll play some more Phantasy Star II a little later! :D I absolutely adore how my Genesis looks on the XRGB-mini I just invested in (although it took a lot of tweaking and googling to figure it out).
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Anyone still interested in keeping this thread alive? I'm doing an overnight rotation at work so I'll be online here a lot from now on.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Welp, I'm bumping this cause I've committed to the fact that I wont be sleeping at all tonight. Gonna be a full 24 hours by the time I get home from work today without sleep. I am not a happy camper right now.

I am wondering why this thread is in General Gaming instead of off topic though.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Always wondered it, never cared though. I do most of my work through View Your Posts and View New Posts anyway :lol:

Anyway yeah... overnight worker here that also tends to hold "real people" hours on his time off. And do a lot of double shifts and swapped shifts and such. So basically I might be awake or asleep at any time. I DO tend to get some sleep before work, but not always a lot... 5.5-6 hours when I work doubles... I was up 25 hours at the end of my 16 hour shift last weekend, that was a first, but it was worth it because I got my arcade cab before the shift ended.

So I'm always around and never around is what I'm saying. And I feel your pain. Mostly.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

There have been times when I've gone 30+ hours without sleeping, but those are usually planned in advance, so its not so bad. You adjust your output accordingly. This one I wasn't expecting, for certain reasons I just can't sleep tonight / today, so I'm just really hating life right now because all before this I assumed Id be sleeping fine.

Oh and what cab was it?
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

36 hours is the longest I've gone so far -- worked a double then went to Niagara Falls with some work friends. I feel I could have pushed further, I wasn't falling down dead tired at the end of it when I did decide to crash out, but I knew I would have to wake up reasonably early to check out of our hotels so I made the conscious decision to end it.

And it was a Neo Geo big red 4slot, check the Neo thread in Other Platforms if you're interested in pics :)

I'm home now though, sleep time.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Snowed in at work.

Boooooooo.