Late Night Crew

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Late Night Crew

Post by o.pwuaioc »

KalessinDB wrote:And since I'm at work, no gaming unfortunately. I mean, a little Clash of Clans, but that's not really gaming, y'know? It's a terrible game, but half the people here play it so I play it so we can have something to talk about when we're bored.

Ew.

Serious, my wife and friends have been trying to get me to join their clan for a while. Nyope. I want a real game.s :P :lol:

But it's no NEW money being invested, so I call it okay (especially since I was the one who gave myself the limit in the first place, so I set the rules :lol:)

Hey, at least you can keep that rule! Sometimes I do stupid things like, "Well, this will eventually sell, so I'll buy this, and that, and these, and all of this!" with $0 in Paypal. I really do need to halt it for a bit. I was good for a little bit, but then the lapses...
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
KalessinDB wrote:And since I'm at work, no gaming unfortunately. I mean, a little Clash of Clans, but that's not really gaming, y'know? It's a terrible game, but half the people here play it so I play it so we can have something to talk about when we're bored.

Ew.

Serious, my wife and friends have been trying to get me to join their clan for a while. Nyope. I want a real game.s :P :lol:

Yeah... it's... barely a game. It's a time waste. But like I say, it's something to chat about with coworkers. I don't play it when I'm not at work, at all.

But it's no NEW money being invested, so I call it okay (especially since I was the one who gave myself the limit in the first place, so I set the rules :lol:)

Hey, at least you can keep that rule! Sometimes I do stupid things like, "Well, this will eventually sell, so I'll buy this, and that, and these, and all of this!" with $0 in Paypal. I really do need to halt it for a bit. I was good for a little bit, but then the lapses...

And yeah... I know how that goes. I'm looking into selling my house and upgrading soon, and already semi-seriously talking with M Jammer Lammy (mjmjr25) about getting a pair of candy cabinets for it. Cuz y'know, my Neo Geo big red and half-finished MAME cabinet aren't enough.

They're totally not. In addition to the pair of candies, I want one of the standup bar dartboards -- I don't need a full color screen or anything, the orange/black older model is fine -- and maybe a pinball emulator box, but I would definitely just buy a premade one from virtuapin.net or something, I've barely made any progress on my MAME box and that's a gutted machine that requires very little work. Yeah, I have a sickness. A nice finished basement or other large room that I can made into a game room is one of my primary goals for the new house.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

One step at a time, bud. Aren't there pinball setups with cheap flatscreen TVs? Seems like that might be the way to go.

My thing is starting a family, maybe, and paying off old student loans. The cost of both is keeping me from being too serious (i.e. no major sell-offs unless I just don't want it anymore) because it'll be a while regardless.

Bad logic though, I know. Instead of getting the 1541 Ultimate II, I could have paid down bills, could have bought groceries for the week, could have, should have, would have, etc.

But video games make us happy, so it's worth it, sort of.

Eheu.

This late at night is often reserved to trance or 80s pop. And tonight is 80s pop. God bless Youtube for that. After some Laura Branigan, then Berlin, a-Ha, Foreigner, Spandau Ballet, next is Mr. Mister.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Ahhh good luck to ya. I paid off my student loans a while ago (they weren't too killer, I only did private school for 2 years and my parents helped a good chunk) thanks to a moderate inheritance from my grandmother, and while I would eventually like to find a wife, as far as I'm concerned kids are not on the horizon so I don't have the family thing goin on.

And nice score on the 1541 Ultimate... I'm kinda glad I haven't gotten into retro computers too, forking off from consoles to arcade (DAMN YOU, GATEWAY DRUG NEO GEO) has been bad enough... thank god I'm finally selling off a few of the under-appreciated parts of my collection. Nostalgia is one thing, but collecting everything was just getting ridiculous. Nostalgia is my driving force now, but that includes nostalgia for things I read about. That and cool factor/recommendations. Which, really, was why I started collecting in the first place, things just kinda got out of hand when I got a better job and realized I could afford a lot more :lol:

The virtuapin.net ones are just that, the tv and computer based pinball emulators (which are admittedly really nice, with a plunger and tilt mechanism and I THINK force feedback on the buttons too)... I say I'd buy a ready made one because while they're like $5k, I'd spend an easy $2.5-3k on parts to build my own AND it would probably take me well over a year to build AND it wouldn't look as nice... so yeah I'll cough up the premium. Like I say, the MAME box I have partially done was a working (but gutted) cabinet to begin with and I still haven't finished the control panel in well over a year now... because I'm lazy.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread