Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
64-bit

Re: What are you playing?

by PretentiousHipster Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:06 am

Playing my first Japanese visual novel, but it hasn no anime aesthetic. Called Gadget Invention, Travel, & Adventure. It's kind of a Myst clone, but it's better than Myst tbh because it feels like a fever dream, and is a lot more accessible. It came out the same year too, but for FM Towns. It just got super creepy.

https://i.imgur.com/gw2SqQg.gif
PretentiousHipster
64-bit

by PretentiousHipster Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:13 pm

I started something that I thought would be light fun, and my morbid curiousity got the better of me. It's called Kiss: Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child. It's apparently based off of the comic book Kiss: Psycho Circus. It's funny because you don't play as Kiss, but rather a Kiss Tribute band. But come on now, wouldn't it be hilarious to fight demons and stuff as Gene Simmons? It's... actually quite awesome. It is a bit floaty but the overall gameplay feels smooth which I think is of the utmost importance in fps games. I also love how this is done with such a straight face. It makes the plot of it even more ridiculous because of the contrast.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Panzer Paladin on switch, very cool game, platformer with a unique weapon/magic system with nods to classics like blaster master and zelda 2. Definitely one of the best indies I have played in a while
PretentiousHipster
64-bit

by PretentiousHipster Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:13 pm

I couldn't get into the spam-like nature of Oracle of Seasons, in regards to how many enemies they throw at you. I will play it again though.

Oracle of Ages on the other hand might be one of my favourite Zelda games. The dungeons have a nice balance between puzzles and enemies, and it has some of the best bosses in the series as using your sword is a rarity.
Syndicate
8-bit

by Syndicate Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:35 pm

...taking a break from the longer stuff again and working my way through all of the non-X Mega Man games. I'm currently sort of stuck on 8, those snowboard levels are annoying, but I think I can finish up to 11 w/in the next two weeks. Then it's back to Hollow Knight and ACIII, hopefully finally finishing these two.
Note
32-bit

by Note Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm

I also took a break from any longer games, but am starting to get the itch to begin another RPG. Anyway, I've been playing these titles recently ...

Panzer Dragoon (SS) - Just purchased this game a month ago and have been playing it regularly the past few weeks. I was having trouble getting through Episode 4, but more recently have been able to get past that level and even made it to the Final Episode on one occasion, but couldn't beat the final boss. Tough game, but I'm having fun with it, and hopefully I can finish it.

Mega Man X (SNES) - This is also a new game for me. I finished the mavericks and am up to the first Sigma stage, but was having trouble defeating the spider boss. I'm gonna give it another go this weekend.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:34 pm

I've been wanting to add streets of rage 3 to the collection to complete the series but always heard negative stuff towards that version. Found a nice repro bare knuckle 3 on the bay. It actually looks like a legit copy, everything from the case, manuel, and cart. Real happy with that, and the price. The gameplay itself I find fun and similar enough to 2. The soundtrack on the other hand just confuses me. Most are horrible and just don't seem to fit the type of game I'm playing so 1 and 2 are ahead there. Overall pretty good though, only played a couple times to round 5 so far.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 pm

I did the same as you.

The differences between the NA Streets of Rage 3 and the JP Bare Knuckle 3 is utterly insane.

It's my least favorite in the series, but at least the Japanese version is playable. But, yes, the soundtrack is really bad as well. It's an interesting experiment, but not something I enjoy going back to.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 am

I've been playing Super Mario Picross on the Switch Online service! It's a great little picross game, but it's a big weird not having QoL features of more recent games.

I've also started playing Battle Stadium D.O.N. again, since I found it for cheap and I wanna stream it sometime. It's just as fun as I remember, and now that I've watched a bit more One Piece since then, I can appreciate the attention to detail with the fan service way better ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for the Switch. Pretty much close to the end. Once I finish that, I'm gonna take a brief RPG break and play some New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe before I start Trials of Mana.
Return to General Gaming