Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Note
32-bit

Re: What are you playing?

by Note Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:23 am

PartridgeSenpai wrote:It may've taken a good few months to get to it, but at last I'm playing (and enjoying) Shenmue 3, the gift to me from our very own Pierrot~

Glad to hear you started playing through Shenmue 3 and are enjoying it so far. Since I finished Shenmue 2 in the beginning of the year, I'd like to check it out as well. I'll prolly give it a go next year.

Markies wrote:I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

What platform are you playing it on Markies? Just curious, as I've always wanted to try KOTOR, but I don't have an original Xbox -- thinking of maybe picking up the game and trying to play it on my 360 with the backwards compatibility feature.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:16 am

Note wrote:
Markies wrote:I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

What platform are you playing it on Markies? Just curious, as I've always wanted to try KOTOR, but I don't have an original Xbox -- thinking of maybe picking up the game and trying to play it on my 360 with the backwards compatibility feature.

The original XBOX.

I'm playing concurrently with a friend of mine who is playing the Steam/PC, so that is another version for you to play.

I don't know anything about 360 Backwards Compatibility, but it appears like it would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
Note
32-bit

by Note Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 pm

Markies wrote:The original XBOX.

I'm playing concurrently with a friend of mine who is playing the Steam/PC, so that is another version for you to play.

I don't know anything about 360 Backwards Compatibility, but it appears like it would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Thanks for the tip about the Steam version and the link to the compatibility list. I have a Mac but I'm in luck here, as there is actually a Mac compatible version offered.

Later in the year I might try to get a physical copy to play on the 360, but if there's compatibility issues I can always try the Steam version instead.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Beat Valis II last night. I'd like to get through the other console titles. Except the Famicom game, which is stunningly bad. Will probably hit up part III soon.

I like platformers.
Ack

by Ack Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:52 pm

The Valis series is a weird little hidden gem.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
marurun

by marurun Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Ack wrote:The Valis series is a weird little hidden gem.

There was this REALLY short span of a few years it wasn't hidden at all, and then *poof*, it just disappeared from most people's radar.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:08 pm

Valis games are fun but all are a bit janky and could have used some refinement.

Exile was Telenet's best game.
marurun

by marurun Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Valis games are fun but all are a bit janky and could have used some refinement.

Exile was Telenet's best game.

100% on-board.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bruhmoment

by bruhmoment Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:38 pm

KillerJuan77 wrote:Well, lets post something about the games we are playing right now (Comments about the difficulty, chapters, story, etc.).

Let me start:

So far I'm liking Resonance Of Fate a lot but man it's hard, you know a game is difficult when you retry the same battle over 7 times :lol: . The combat system is pretty awesome too and even at chapter 2 you can customize your character entirely (You can customize your weapons, clothing, accessories, hair color, etc.). The steampunk environments are pretty cool too.

right now i'm playing fallout:new vegas and i have to say its incredible. its not that hard,and im playing on the hardest difficulty,it has 3 acts (the 3rd being the best one in my opinion) the story is really something else, especially with the introduction of the lonesome road dlc,i dont wanna give out too many spoilers though,but the basic story is that,you were shot in the head outside of new vegas,the nuked version of las vegas,but you survived and you have to track down the man who shot you across the mojave wasteland,there are two main factions,the new california republic and caesar's legion,the legion being a group of slavers and piligars,and the NCR being a democracy,the closest thing to a functioning government in the wasteland,there are two more factions you could side with but that might spoil some big parts of the story,its an amazing game and i highly recommend it.
opa
64-bit

by opa Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:18 am

Magic Sword - SFC

I technically beat this but I'm not sure if it counts as a "legit" playthrough. If you're not familiar with Magic Sword, it is a side-scrolling arcade game where you climb fifty levels of a tower to defeat an evil wizard at the top. Along the way you pick up keys to unlock doors scattered across the levels. These doors contain partners you can take to fight along side you (with varying abilities and power levels). I have gotten to about level 37 or 38 several times but I just don't have the levels memorized enough to avoid a lot of the traps so I burn through continues. The game gives you the option to choose your starting point with the maximum level being floor 33 of 50. I chose floor 33 and actually beat the final boss. I thought maybe since I chose a different starting point I'd be penalized and not see the ending but I don't think it matters where you start.
I like the game but the traps get pretty nefarious and more frequent as you go along. Towards the end I found myself carefully crawling through the levels trying not to get hit as health restoring items are somewhat scarce.
Return to General Gaming