Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pook99
128-bit

Re: What are you playing?

by pook99 Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Playing sin and punishment star successor for the wii, holy shit, this game is amazing. I'm on the 2nd to last level and I feel pretty good about calling this the best on rails shooter I have ever played.

The levels are crazy with tons of bullets everywhere and there are frequent boss battles which are all tough but fair once you learn the patterns. The game is definitely difficult but you have unlimited continues and it is the kind of game that makes you just want to keep trying until you proceed.

It is also a prime game to show off the potential of the wiimote. the nunchuck moves your character while the wii mote aims and shoots, the precision and speed offered by the wiimote is necessary and I couldn't imagine playing this game with a dual analog set up(which the game does offer but is highly recommended you stay away from)
PretentiousHipster
32-bit

by PretentiousHipster Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Did a video review today on the original Zelda and bs legend of Zelda. Started ancient stone tablets today and my god it's tons better than Bs Zelda. It felt a lot more original, like rescuing Zelda from 3 of the standard enemies.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:18 am

Playing random games on PSP via emulation right now.

Batman The Animated Series - Gameboy
Mega Man - Game Gear
The Lost Vikings - Genesis

and a few others I've forgotten already. I just finished Ninja Gaiden Shadow on Gameboy, and it's a fun game
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:20 am

I'm still playing Ori 2 and also just started DOOM Eternal. Enjoying the game but man the pandemic has kinda tempered my excitement for it. And I'm also bummed there's no Deathmatch in it. I actually loved 2016's and thought it was an underrated MP experience.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
marurun

by marurun Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:55 am

iirc Ninja Gaiden Shadow is a Shadow of the Ninja title rebadged to Ninja Gaiden.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:26 pm

Juan Aguacate wrote:Playing random games on PSP via emulation right now.

Mega Man - Game Gear

and a few others I've forgotten already. I just finished Ninja Gaiden Shadow on Gameboy, and it's a fun game

Game Gear Mega Man is awful, you’ve probably figured that out on your own by now, though, if you’re more than five minutes into the game. :lol:
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:12 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Juan Aguacate wrote:Playing random games on PSP via emulation right now.

Mega Man - Game Gear

Game Gear Mega Man is awful, you’ve probably figured that out on your own by now, though, if you’re more than five minutes into the game. :lol:

You know, the whole time I was playing it I kept thinking that's it's more frustrating than I remember old school Mega Man games being. I thought it was just me. I also thought it was odd that two of the bosses have the same pattern of just constantly jumping

I wasn't aware the game had such a negative reputation
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 am

marurun wrote:iirc Ninja Gaiden Shadow is a Shadow of the Ninja title rebadged to Ninja Gaiden.

That's interesting, I'll probably have to try out Shadow of the Ninja now
Speedy-Mcspeedz
16-bit

by Speedy-Mcspeedz Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Im trying playing total war rome 2 again, im struggling to find a mod that is immursive/realistic but then doesnt inevitably crash constantly.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Trials of Mana Remake demo on the Switch.
Return to General Gaming