Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:57 am

Juan Aguacate wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Yes, yes, and...yes. River City Tokyo Rumble is a boss beat ‘me up, and the second best Kunio-kun game. (Believe it or not, River City Ransom is even better.) I am glad you enjoyed it.

Also, and just so you know, the entire series is hit-or-miss. River City Knights of Justice was released immediately after River City Tokyo Rumble, and it kind of sucks...despite the fact it’s literally a swords-and-sorcery Kunio-kun ARPG that uses the same engine as River City Tokyo Rumble. It should have been great!!!...but it’s such a disappointment... :?

Interesting, how is Rival Showdown? I noticed that's another entry that's on the 3DS. And is the GBA version of River City Ransom worth playing?

P.S. Orbital Spin may be one of the most fun moves I've ever seen in a beat'em up :lol:

Rival Showdown is more of a fighting game. It’s pretty good, but I haven’t spent a lot of time with it. The GBA version of RCR is very good. It plays like the original but the sprites are polished up a bit (which is good or bad depending on your tastes). It also has a save feature, which spares you the original’s painfully long passwords. I’d probably chose the original on an emulator first, the GBA remake next, and the original on original hardware third.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:49 am

TheSSNintendo wrote:Played some Mega Man X on the Mega Man X Legacy Collection for Switch. And I don't know if I'm rusty, or haven't played the game in a while, but I don't remember MMX being that difficult.

The LC has more input lag than the original versions, which made it a bit harder for me. That's why I decided not to buy it after borrowing it from a friend.

I started playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. If you enjoyed Ori 1, you'll like Ori 2.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
PretentiousHipster
32-bit

by PretentiousHipster Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:55 am

Beat Oracle of Seasons. The dungeon designs could have been a lot better. It was beyond a love letter at that point, and when it does get original like the magnetic gloves, it just sucks. Outside the dungeons it was fantastic. I still can't wait to try Oracle of Ages.

Decided to play A Link to the Past again. I loved 3/5 of the Zelda games I've played so far, am really enjoying BS Zelda and Twilight Princess, and like Phantom Hourglass, but it's ridiculous how much better ALttP is.
PretentiousHipster
32-bit

by PretentiousHipster Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:44 pm

The Ice Palace in ALttP ruined any chance this game has of getting a 10/10. It's a maze, which is fine, but it's all the partial backtracking you have to do. Repeating elements of a maze like that made this dungeon so incredibly tedious.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:08 pm

I started playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps today. I'm probably 3 hours in or so. I'm really enjoying it thus far.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:06 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:The Ice Palace in ALttP ruined any chance this game has of getting a 10/10. It's a maze, which is fine, but it's all the partial backtracking you have to do. Repeating elements of a maze like that made this dungeon so incredibly tedious.

Oof, yeah. I've beaten that game a good few times now, and I always struggle wrapping my head around where exactly to go and I usually have to stumble into it by accident XP
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:41 am

Tried River City Rival Showdown, absolutely hated everything about it. I like old school beat 'em ups for their simplicity, which the excellent River City Tokyo Rumble has, but Rival Showdown is an overly complicated, mess of a game with weird and annoying gameplay systems. It also has ABSURD amounts of dialog for a beat 'em up. Too much talking, not enough fighting. The difficulty is unbalanced. You HAVE to start the game on easy mode as it seems normal mode is meant for new game plus. Also, Kunio goes from being a cool bad ass in Tokyo Rumble to a goofy, wimpy character in Rival Showdown. Even Riki seems like a goofball. This game is awful

I also tried to finish my old Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise save since I never got around to 100%-ing that game when I played it the past. Dear God, getting a Jeli pinata is damn near impossible. According to some things I read online it may be impossible to get one on a pre-owned cartridge since if a previous owner had it on their save and you deleted said save, it will never show up again on that cartridge. What an obnoxious, idiotic, design decision. I used to think this was one of the best games on the DS, but now it's on my shit list. I would recommend anyone interested in Viva Pinata to play the original game on the Xbox 360, all the other Viva Pinata games are inferior to the very first game
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:56 am

PSO2 open beta, MTG 2015, shantae 1/2 Genie, shadows of the damned, FF7.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

by SuperDerpBro Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:04 pm

I am currently playing Black Mesa, the Modern Warfare 3 Campaign, Sly 3 (PS3 version) and i just started God of War (PS4) and Hob. That's the most games i've had on the go at once and i'm not sure i like it. Usually play just one until im done. heh
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
PretentiousHipster
32-bit

by PretentiousHipster Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 pm

You guys EarthBound is so damn good.
Return to General Gaming