Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pook99
64-bit

Re: What are you playing?

by pook99 Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Started Prey yesterday, bought it a while ago but there was a bug that didnt allow controller support, now that its fixed I am finally playing it. So far it is a lot of fun, great atmosphere, and cool story. Im only about 2 and ahalf hours in but liking it so far.

Also I'm playing tower 57, a twin stick shooter on steam. Its fun and I'll probably be done with it by the end of the day.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Ack wrote:I've set aside just about everything else for this.

Awesome. I love that game so much. I dropped 120+ hours into it and still revisit it from time-to-time. It’s just so good, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:
strangenova wrote:That game looks great Gunstar, I still play RCT classic all the time on my mobile. It always manages to suck me in. What are some notable improvements it makes over the old RCT games?

Coaster building is easier, the camera is a lot better (still locked at an isometric view but you can rotate it much easier though there are steam workshop mods that remove camera limitations I think), customization is way easier so you can build some pretty unique things without much effort, the lighting is also great and you can choose day or night (some lit rides look really cool at night), landscaping is way easier and a lot cheaper so it's actually viable to build giant lakes or mountains (or tear them down) if you want.

My favorite addition is the visualizer so you can troubleshoot your parks problems directly. It puts a filter over the park that can show you where the hungriest guests are, where your crappy scenery is ruining guest immersion, where rain-cover is, and a bunch of other little things. It really helps in planning out your park and figuring out your strategy. It takes out a lot of the guesswork of the older games.

The biggest change gameplay wise is that your stores need to be stocked, but guests don't like seeing people hauling supplies around the park, so you have to figure out ways of keeping your shops supplied without ruining the magic for people.

Sounds pretty sweet. The old games could be very obtuse sometimes. Also I hated landscaping and decorating because it always seemed like a waste of money and time. Seems they've made plenty of improvements for quality of life as well as new features.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:50 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:

Awesome. I love that game so much. I dropped 120+ hours into it and still revisit it from time-to-time. It’s just so good, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I binged it for like 10+ hours somedays, that doesn't always happen. Pure magical game.

@pook: I'm guessing you mean Arkane Prey... which is amazing! Lovely Dead Space / System Shock vibes. And it had some level designers from the original Deus Ex. I don't think it beats the Dishonored games for me, but I loved it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 pm

I've set aside just about everything else for this.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:33 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I've set aside just about everything else for this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Culinary journalism adventures are an under-served market.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm

You're in for a treat.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Blu wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I'm playing Tetris 99. A lot. Finally got 1st place and have gotten second place now a whole lot more. Absolutely adore this game. Every time I feel like Tetris has done everything (looking at you Tetris ds you whackado game!), it continues to surprise me. How many games have introduced so many different elements into the formula time and again... Seriously.

I got 1st over the weekend. Felt like a boss.

Good lord I suck at Tetris. Felt good to get above #50.

I won't say I'm good at Tetris. But I won't say I'm bad at Tetris.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Well after recording a new episode for our channel this week, I got the itch and dived right into

I had played through the first area already and didnt think too much of it, but watching my buddy play for our recordings made me want to play. I've put in maybe six hours in the last two days, not sure how deep into the game I am. I dont feel like I've seen even half of this world.
Return to General Gaming