Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by noiseredux Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 pm

YoshiEgg25 wrote:I've been playing a lot of Picross 3D: Round 2, Rocket League, and chess lately. Also some Yooka-Laylee and Overwatch.

I got Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas, so that needs to be played. Also going to try to get my speedruns of Backyard Baseball and Rainbow Six (N64) going again.

Wish I had the time for games that I used to.

good to see you, bud!
TSchwa

by TSchwa Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:29 pm

ayumarcan wrote:
TSchwa wrote:I play several games at the same time usually. However, there are some things that I play all the time, like Lineade 2 Classic. Play it now to take a break from Hitman, decided to challenge myself and complete all the missions (or rmost of them) with a screwdriver or a knife haha.

That's a tough thing to do in Hitman! But Lineage 2 Classic is a realy nice way to relax, this is what I got as my first impressions of this game

Well, it is! But you have to make sure you don't get sucked into the grindeo too much. I've just turned my grilled cheese into a burned one because of that. Not blaming the game tho, I've just gotten distracted.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:51 pm

noiseredux wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:I've been playing a lot of Picross 3D: Round 2, Rocket League, and chess lately. Also some Yooka-Laylee and Overwatch.

I got Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas, so that needs to be played. Also going to try to get my speedruns of Backyard Baseball and Rainbow Six (N64) going again.

Wish I had the time for games that I used to.

good to see you, bud!

Hey noise! Good to see you too! Maybe I'll stick around for more than two days at a time at some point...
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Konacha
32-bit

by Konacha Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Right now I'm in the middle of a few games. Mainly from Christmas but one that I just recently got.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition: I played the original on the Xbox 360 but I didn't beat it. This time I got it for the PS4 as all my other Tales games are on the Playstation Consoles. I got the limited edition as I always get for the Tales Series as the Tales series are my favorite game series. I'm up to the second part of the story, it is fun but it takes a bit of getting use to going back to the old battle system without the linking combo's and TP unlike the newer games. I still say Graces is my favorite so far.

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy: I'm playing this one on the PS4. So far I beat 120% the first game and beat the second game but still need to get 100% on every level. Will start the last game soon. Really nicely done with the graphics and the overall feel of the game. While I have played the original games, it was about 20 years ago so it has been a while. Forgot most of the secrets.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: I got this right before Christmas. I am not a huge smash fan but I have played and had fun on all of the other games (except 4). I like this one so much more than 4, which I found so lackluster for single player. I do like World of Light adventure mode a lot and some fun stuff but overall, it is smash to me. I still pop it in to get more of the Spirits.
Arenegeth
24-bit

by Arenegeth Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:55 am

isiolia wrote:Then I went back to playing FFXI (finished 99 Daurdabla on one of my alts, for those who know what that is...both of you...).

Guess I'm one of those two people. I got an Aymur and Guttler on my main and I started the process on a Farsha but never finished it. I quit the game back when the BST range nerf came out, and there's no way I'm ever going back (short of saying goodbye to my character when the servers finally go down for good) until they fix it.

Well my Shenmue journey took a bit of a pause as I was busy for a few days and couldn't play much in general. But when I did come back to it I hit a very dicey moment that could have invalidated everything I've done since the Warehouse.

There's some Notebook entries relating to an event, that takes time right after Christmas and is not entirely tied in with actual story progress relating to Nozomi. Well I got those entries, but apparently, I was supposed to talk to Eri earlier to get some additional entries.

Well the guide I'm following says is possible to get those Eri entries even after the Nozomi entries and is a good thing it says that, or I would have being forced to quit and restart from the Warehouse otherwise, of course not taking the guides word for it, I tried to get those entries from Eri the next day, and that wouldn't work, she wouldn't even show up consistently at the same spot she's supposed to. Fortunately, moving the story forward one step was able to get her to give me those entries, so crisis averted.

There's also another Notebook entry that I was supposed to have by now but I'm purposefully postponing. Is the entry you get when you pick up the old photograph at the Hazuki basement. The guide I'm following says that there's a scene sometime in Disc 3 that plays if you don't pick it up until then, but just to be safe, every time I move the story forward, I pick up the photo (without saving) just to make sure that the notebook entry still triggers, and despite being many pages removed from my current spot, it still does.

I'm currently at the very end of Disc 2 purposefully whiling away the days training and finishing with the Abe raffle (three Rank 4's left) and buying all the tapes I can along with some figures and slot machine rewards. I'm currently stuck at trying to get the reward from the Darts in the Arcade, this wouldn't normally be a consideration until sometime in Disc 3, but when I was doing my tests in trying to get Eri to give me those missing entries, I entered the Arcade and got nearly 500 points on the machine and constant bullseyes, first time I played the mini game since my first playthrough of the game all those years back.

Well I haven't being able to do nearly as good in several attempts since then, I don't know if I was just lucky the first time, or I just get impatient now, but is started to annoy me, hopefully I'll get it done soon, though I doubt I'll be matching my original record again.

So with my current plan, I will be fighting Chai on January 1st and starting Disc 3 on the same day (since I plan on beating his ass, Notebook entries be damned) and with some calculations, I will need to max out about 15 moves including the ones I haven't learned yet and excluding the Throwing moves I can't do nothing about. Assuming one move a day at minimum I should have plenty of time to do everything by January 31st, especially since there's some story/Notebook entries and training overlap. But I guess we'll see.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:44 am

Not quite sure what I'll play next now that Crystalis is done. I'll have to look thru my collection, as I'm trying to focus on stuff I already own right now. I also don't think I want to jump right into another RPG. So maybe something on the Genesis Classics compilation, or maybe one of the Switch Online NES games or something. Hmm.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:54 pm

noiseredux wrote:Not quite sure what I'll play next now that Crystalis is done. I'll have to look thru my collection, as I'm trying to focus on stuff I already own right now. I also don't think I want to jump right into another RPG. So maybe something on the Genesis Classics compilation, or maybe one of the Switch Online NES games or something. Hmm.

Have you beaten the two Toejam and Earl games? If not, they are a blast and the new game comes out this year. Perfect way to build up hype
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:23 pm

I loved the original back in the day. That's a possibility.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm

I’m playing a few games right now. I’ve started The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It shares some mechanics with BOTW, but it is a much more traditional LOZ (i.e., linear) experience. I must admit, it’s tough going back to such a linear experience after BOTW, but I am digging the Metroid Prime-inspired dungeons.

I’m also putzing away on the Gameboy Castlevania games. The second one is easily the strongest of the three. I’ll likely need to emulate the first one to finish it since (a) it’s bad, and (b) my cart randomly crashes. (I think I squeeze my Gameboy Advance SP too tight sometimes...)

On my iPad, I’m playing Yankai’s Triangle. It is a surreal puzzle game where you match colored triangles. I love it, but it never ends. I’ll call it beaten when I get through level 243, at which point I will have earned the last achievement. It was designed by Kenny Sun, who also made the better known (and also pretty brilliant) Circa Infinity.

On my phone, I’m playing Reigns, which is a funny and fun virtual card game. In it, you are a king, and you make decisions regarding your kingdom by swiping left or right. Your decisions affect four gauges (the church, the people, the army, and the treasury), and if any of them get too high or low, you will die or be deposed. The goals are to reign for as long as possible, trigger interesting events, meet new characters, and die in new and interesting ways. (My favorite is drowning in a keg of ale during a crazy party. You trigger it when your treasury is too full.)
pook99
64-bit

by pook99 Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:24 am

Just started playing Spider-man on PS4, only got to play for 30 minutes or so but I'm liking it so far, my wifes out all day today and I'm still on bedrest so I will probably play this for like 10 hours today.

On the switch I'm alternating between New Super Mario U deluxe, Super one more jump, and Captain Toad

On my phone I'm playing some roguelike twin stick shooter, I forget the name of it, maybe soul knight or something, I'm also playing shining force 1 for the first time, I was in the hospital earlier this week and shining force really helped pass the time, great game.

On my PC I just finished a bunch of indies and not sure what I want to play next, I'm thinking either Sonic Mania, Ori and the blind forest, or Shadow of the tomb raider.
Return to General Gaming