What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Segata »

I'm playing Damascus Gear on Nintendo Switch. It's like Armored Core meets Diablo. Originally a phone game. It's pretty fun in short bursts. Not a graphical powerhouse at all of course. I now have 2 Mecha games on Switch. Implosion and this. Implosion is better but I like the customization in this. Right now my mech is bulky but you get parts so fast this will likely look very different in an hour. Whatever it's fun but don't be like me and pay the full 15 bucks. Maybe wait for a sale.

dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I (finally) got a dedicated gaming PC for the first time in my life, so while downloading all the good games I need to play now, I figured I'd play something I already had to get used to K&M controls, and started up FEAR.

I'm at Interval 4 currently, and have been having a blast. Even only being moderately familiar with FPS, the AI immediately stood out. These guys are brutal, and unusually clever. My wife was watching me for a bit, and thought I was playing against other people :lol: Really nice atmosphere so far too, and the game has made me jump and swear more times than I'd like to admit! The only downside so far, is that I may have picked a tougher game than I expected to get used to the new (to me) controls.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

dunpeal2064 wrote:I (finally) got a dedicated gaming PC for the first time in my life, so while downloading all the good games I need to play now, I figured I'd play something I already had to get used to K&M controls, and started up FEAR.

I'm at Interval 4 currently, and have been having a blast. Even only being moderately familiar with FPS, the AI immediately stood out. These guys are brutal, and unusually clever. My wife was watching me for a bit, and thought I was playing against other people :lol: Really nice atmosphere so far too, and the game has made me jump and swear more times than I'd like to admit! The only downside so far, is that I may have picked a tougher game than I expected to get used to the new (to me) controls.

The first FEAR is a great choice! You are absolutely right about the AI. FEAR was very notable at the time for just how clever your AI opponents could be. They're certainly not one to just wander into a choke-point more often than not. Pile that on top of the stellar horror atmosphere, and that's a real gem of last gen. If you want more FEAR after this, I'd shoot for the standalone expansions for FEAR before the actual sequels. The standalones actually got a physical 360 release (which was quite cheap when I last looked, but probably not so easy to find), and don't drop the ball quite as hard as the sequels in terms of action & horror story.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Cyber Troopers: Virtual On x Toaru Majutsu-PS4.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire on the Nintendo Gamecube this evening.

After some time to get used to the finicky controls and the weird facial textures, I really began to enjoy Agent Under Fire. It is a very simplistic Bond game and doesn't have many bells and whistles like others in the series. What is done here is very well done with mostly short missions and easy to understand objectives. It was only one time during my play through that I didn't know where to go.

The game is also super short as I'm almost halfway done with it. But, it does have awesome multiplayer game with Bots in it as well. Any Bond game with Bots is fantastic in my book.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Super Bomberman R.

Feels like a good old-fashioned Bomberman game, complete with mid 90s CD system era midi music. I like it a lot.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

BOTW on Switch with 30 hours logged. Very addicting indeed. :P
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Guardian Heroes on XBL. I do have it on Saturn but easier and better to play it on Xbox in all honesty.

Always loved this game and it never gets old. I hope SEGA brings more Saturn games to HD systems like all 3 current systems and start with this game and Daytona USA.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I started Tales of Legendia today. The one Tales game not developed by the main team, you can tell more or less right off the bat that the Tekken guys were the ones who handled this one. I mean, your main character's main weapons are his fists for starters :lol: . On top of that you have things like the game very blatantly telling you how to start using combos. Even though it's not 3D but 2D plane-based fighting, it definitely feels a bit different than the other Tales games I've played in this style. There are also weird combo-artes you can make that are elemental, inflict status effects, and/or are good against a particular race of enemy. I'm only a couple hours in, but it seems like there's a lot to dig into here. And your titles that you can equip actually change your stats, so that's always something nice to see in a Tales game where they aren't literally meaningless :P (although I do gotta admit I think I like Graces' way of having your titles let you learn your passive skills the best).

The story started out a bit cliched for sure. Brooding young man who is very headstrong and doesn't like talking to those unrelated to his problems going off to save his prophetically powerful younger sister. That is until you get to the first town and the city guard start singing a musical number at you when he starts causing trouble. I'll admit that part really caught me off guard, and I'm looking forward to where the game goes from here as far as more silliness goes :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I am just settling into Adventure Island IV. It’s spectacular. Apologies to Castlevania II, Faxanadu, and Metroid, but Adventure Island IV is probably the best “metroidvania” on the NES (which it should be, since it wasn’t released until June 1994...nearly two months after Super Metroid).