Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Melek-Ric
24-bit

Re: What are you playing?

by Melek-Ric Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:21 pm

noiseredux wrote:In Enemy Within I always feel like satellites is priority one while taking a beaten in the early game.

Yeah for sure.

I ended up getting an "A" grade for April even though Russia left the project. I'm halfway thru May and it's amazing how much laser rifles and vests make a difference on missions. I'm skipping Carapace armor for Skeleton; It should be available after my current mission. I just need to build my thermo plant, launch a couple more satellites, and interrogate aliens. It's too bad Brazil left the project so early. "We Have Ways..." would have really helped out. Also the game refuses to give me another Assault. I have only had ONE since the beginning. (Nicknamed him "Deadman" cuz he's had so many near-misses, I can't believe he's not dead!) I need to buy the squadie OTS upgrade soon. I know the next couple months are going to get tough when the aliens start becoming better armed and aggressive. I still cannot believe I've made it this far on Impossible.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:36 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:@Elkin

It's so demoralizing when that happens. You've heard my tale of woe. I can't be arsed to (re)start Adventure again, at least not for a couple of weeks/months.

I actually packed up my Retron 5 today. I had it and the Retro Freak hooked up for about a year now. It was a little excessive. Now I have space under my TV to get a Xbox One X!!!!!!!

I love my One X. I've been playing Legend most of the day since about 11 or noon. Using a Genesis controller is nice because I just set fast forward to the C button and that's saved me a good bit of time when money grinding.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

porynog
8-bit

by porynog Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:31 pm

Recently I (finally) came into a copy of the first Lufia on SNES and holy moly it's a fantastic game. It's honestly in the running for my favorite SNES RPG, haha
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/porynog (still a wip)
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:19 am

Oh man, how many have you played? Wait until you get a load of Chrono Trigger, FFVI, and hell, Lufia II.

I love Lufia, but I'd definitely call it a "B-list" SNES JRPG, all things considered. At about the same level as the first Breath of Fire.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Oh man, how many have you played? Wait until you get a load of Chrono Trigger, FFVI, and hell, Lufia II.

I love Lufia, but I'd definitely call it a "B-list" SNES JRPG, all things considered. At about the same level as the first Breath of Fire.

Best/Better and personal preference do not always line up.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Assault Suit Leynos 2.

My standard gun runs out of ammo? wut None of the other games do this. Damn lol!
Twitter Segata
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Leynos 2 was pretty damn hard but really cool still. I should try beating it again.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Assault Suit Leynos 2

GunhoundEX

Zone of the Enders 2 HD
Twitter Segata
nullPointer
128-bit

by nullPointer Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Segata wrote:Zone of the Enders 2 HD

Just out of curiosity, is this a replay? It's been quite a while since I've played it so I can't quite remember the specific level, but the large scale mech battle in this game (you'll definitely know it when you see it), is my absolute favorite battle segment in any mech themed game (bearing in mind of course that I'm not huge into strategy games of which I'm sure there are many good mech battles). It's definitely one of those segments where Kojima & Co. outdid themselves. For the longest time I had a PS2 memory card slot designated specifically to that level so I could load it up whenever.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Sorta a replay as the first time I played for a little while but never got far. I'm only about an hour in so no huge battles yet. (also not affected by spoilers so no worries) I lok forward to it now! Outside of MGR I don't care for Metal Gear and not that interested in Death Stranding (tho the music sounds great) I wish Kojima would make more games like Snatcher/Policenauts or Zoe again. On the plus side, there is Liberation Maiden on 3DS which is sorta like ZOE. I don't know why but Ranger X kinda feels like a 2D ZOE. Gah that's another one I should replay in my mecha phase.
Twitter Segata
Return to General Gaming