Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by noiseredux Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm

I will say that (so far) GOTG does nothing that Telltale hasn't done before. And honestly, their engine is really starting to show its age. But having said that, if you like Telltale games in general, and if you're a fan of GOTG in general, then it's totally worth playing.
AppleQueso wrote:The thing you need to realize is that eventually Noise will do everything, especially all those things he said he'd not do.

Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:31 pm

noiseredux wrote:I will say that (so far) GOTG does nothing that Telltale hasn't done before. And honestly, their engine is really starting to show its age. But having said that, if you like Telltale games in general, and if you're a fan of GOTG in general, then it's totally worth playing.

Well if it's as funny as Tales from the Borderlands, I'm down.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
chuckster
32-bit

by chuckster Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 am

Playing Tower 57 now, just made it to the second boss. The difficulty has ramped up quick the varied enemies keep you on your toes. I'm a sucker for pixel art and post-16-bit pixel art especially, so to me the game looks really good.

I have seen one thing that may ruin my playthrough later when things get really hairy. Sometimes your character will get stuck along walls or corners and not be able to move at all, or sometimes you will just stop momentarily and have to let go of the analog stick and push it again in the same direction to move. The latter may be a gameplay mechanic I'm missing, but the first is definitely a bug. Sometimes this occurs near breakable objects so it's easy to get out of, but I have had to restart twice now because I had been mysteriously rooted to a corner.

I'm going to check tonight to make sure I'm updated and all, because I really like T57 so far and I want to continue playing, but the sticking bug is beyond frustrating when you've just struggled through several difficult encounters without a save point.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 am

ep3 of GOTG last night... had to make a really big and difficult decision. I went with what I knew was WRONG in my heart, but honestly I just felt bad for Rocket. The decision totally backfired. I'm pretty sure that romancing Gamora is out of the question now.
AppleQueso wrote:The thing you need to realize is that eventually Noise will do everything, especially all those things he said he'd not do.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 am

ep4 of GOTG marks the first time that a game in which you must make a decision about whether or not to fly out of a worm's ass has also teared me up with its story.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 am

I accidentally left my Switch on my desk in my classroom yesterday afternoon, so I started playing Valkyria Revolution last night. Gotta say, the jury's still out on overall opinion, but it's certainly interesting. It feels like Valkyria Chronicles except that they tried to make it real time rather than turn based. It's fun, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the original or not.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am

Is it "real time" like say Halo Wars, or is it "real time" like, well, a third person shooter or any other action game?

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 am

noiseredux wrote:Is it "real time" like say Halo Wars, or is it "real time" like, well, a third person shooter or any other action game?

The movement is real time like an action game, but your attack is on a cooldown timer kind of like Xenoblade.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Fighting EX Layer Beta. If you want to play this you have to be a PS+ subscriber and the beta goes down on X-Mas.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Alysia Dragoon for the Sega Genesis has been sitting on my shelf for a year and a half, so for the past 5 days I've been trying to beat it.

This is a really solid Genesis title. I like the unique premise - it's a platformer that takes place in a swords and sorcery fantasy world, and you control a girl who can shoot lighting out of her hands like Emperor Palpatine. She's also accompanied by one of four mythical beasts, such as a dragon, a phoenix, something like that angry sun from Super Mario 3, and a turtle that shoots boomerangs (?). The music is really melodic and well-composed and the graphics are good. The controls are somewhat clunky and there are more than a few cheap hits, but it's fulfilling to overcome the challenge. I keep losing all my lives on stage 6, though. Maybe today I'll get farther than that.
Return to General Gaming