Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Exhuminator Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Sarge wrote:No-death Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts run CONFIRMED.

Nope... but I'll give you a hint:

No telling now! :wink:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 pm

What is Jack Frost doing in Cave Story?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm

pierrot wrote:What is Jack Frost doing in Cave Story?

Free pc castlevania style shin Megami tensei game came out today.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Exhuminator wrote:No telling now!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Free pc castlevania style shin Megami tensei game came out today.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Well, at least I know now so I can go play it. :)
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:54 am

Recently started up Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. It's good so far, other than a really long recap of Mask of Deception. Apparently Mask of Truth has more battles compared to Mask of Deception, but I'm not sure how I feel about that right now. The gameplay is nice, but I'm playing for the VN part first, so hopefully the battles won't be annoyingly frequent.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm finding the new South Park game to be significantly less fun than the first game. The humor isn't as good as the first game, and the new combat system sucks.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Started Youkai Watch 3 a few days ago! I haven't had much time to dedicate to it yet, but I'm having a lot of fun! They totally revamped the combat system. It almost looks like they've taken some cues from the Three Kingdoms tactics game they did with Tecmo Koei for that bit. It's a lot better than the old one at best, and even at worst it's still a great breath of fresh air. The music in American region is also freaking fantastic!

My theory I had at the end of Youkai Watch 2 turned out to be correct. YW2 was really more like YW1.5. A hurried out sequel that adds a little but is mostly there to augment the original without really trying to hard to improve the good it already had. YW3 is a true sequel to the original game(s), and I'm so excited to keep going! :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm

At the end of Link Between Worlds, just Lorule Castle left. Overall I had a nice change of heart on this game. Still nothing amazing but I'm happy to finally get another solid overhead Zelda. You can see tons of Breath of the Wild influences started here, for better or worse. The dungeons are small and shorter, but I guess I didn't totally mind. I wish the Heart Containers and big rupee chests were swapped though, ie... those cool little mini dungeons with some item gimmick always led to rupees and that was just a really boring reward for those cool mini dungeons (shrines). I'm at 9,999 rupees after buying everything, getting the 5th bottle after 3,000 rupees donated to that one fairy, etc, so yeah the rupee inflow is pretty generous. Although I don't think this game is even close to Breath of the Wild's level, they are pretty different, but I liked how this one still kind of had that classic Zelda progression. Even though you rent/buy most of the items, there was still a handful along the way gained from quests and such. Though I hated how the Pegasus Boots were throwaway here really, I just looked that one up and it's pretty much only good for those maimai's in the trees. Maybe it just rubbed me wrong getting it late game, when you get this very early in LTTP and it's something I constantly use there. Beyond that though you are constantly getting stronger and cool things along the way, but the back half of the game becomes insanely easy, just like Breath of the Wild. They need to figure out some balance.

I'll wrap it up tomorrow night or sometime soon. I still like LA and the Oracle's more, but this is a good Zelda for sure in my book. A solid 8/10 or so.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:06 am

Undertale.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Return to General Gaming