What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Syndicate
32-bit

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Syndicate »

...at the recommendation of prfsnl_gmr I've started Infernax. It's very solid, the control/gameplay is tight and the music definitely has a very cool old school vibe. I've never played Castlevania II but I may need to check it out after Infernax. Getting the coward's ending was hilarious too. I've also added Mass Effect Andromeda to the rotation b/c as a Mass Effect fan I figured I'd finally check out the story.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Syndicate wrote:...at the recommendation of prfsnl_gmr I've started Infernax. It's very solid, the control/gameplay is tight and the music definitely has a very cool old school vibe. I've never played Castlevania II but I may need to check it out after Infernax. Getting the coward's ending was hilarious too. I've also added Mass Effect Andromeda to the rotation b/c as a Mass Effect fan I figured I'd finally check out the story.

Awesome! Infernax is such a fun game. I hope you enjoy it. Castlevania II is clearly the inspiration, but it’s much more primitive and, unfortunately, cryptic. If you decide to play it, I highly recommend using a walkthrough.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Been playing a bit of MK11 on the Switch. Mostly playing as Kano, because... reasons.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’ve been playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, and it’s delightful. Not only is it the very best game in the Wonder Boy series, it is one of the very best games in the metroidvania genre. Very highly recommended.
marurun

Post by marurun »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I’ve been playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, and it’s delightful. Not only is it the very best game in the Wonder Boy series, it is one of the very best games in the metroidvania genre. Very highly recommended.

Even better than Dragon's Curse/Trap?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

Post by RobertAugustdeMeijer »

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon's Dogma

They're like opposite games: the first holds your hand aggressively, but also dumps you with too much information. Ugh.
Dragon's Dogma could have a smaller starting town with less boring banter, but other than that, it's like Elden Ring with bad graphics and you get to keep 3 summons with you : )
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

RobertAugustdeMeijer wrote:Dragon's Dogma could have a smaller starting town with less boring banter, but other than that, it's like Elden Ring with bad graphics and you get to keep 3 summons with you : )

Please continue. I loved Elden Ring, and you’ve peaked my interest with this comparison. :P
lijim

Post by lijim »

I’m currently playing Factorio with the Krastorio 2 mod.
Life is a game, and astrology is part of our life. I recently found out from the Cancer compatibility chart that my best couple is Pisces, and now I'm looking for her!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Bought Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package a month or so ago and fired it up today. I was enjoying myself until I ended up getting swarmed by a horde of zombies near the pirate ship. :lol: :lol:
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Starting a few wii games. Battalion Wars 2 is a lot of fun, and Cursed Mountain is just an all out masterpiece. I'm really loving wii games.