Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Exhuminator »

The Last of Us

I finished these areas tonight:

The Suburbs
Tommy's Dam
The University

I had more fun in those three areas, than any of the previous five areas combined (Hometown, The Quarantine Zone, The Outskirts, Bill's Town, Pittsburgh). I think part of my problem was not enjoying the decaying urban backdrop of the initial experience. Cities are just not my kind of setting. The nature settings are better for me.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

episode 2 of Guardians Of The Galaxy had a flashback section regarding Rocket that was pretty devastating. I sometimes forget that when Telltale is in their storytelling zone they can really make you feel like shit. In a good way. If that makes sense?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:episode 2 of Guardians Of The Galaxy had a flashback section regarding Rocket that was pretty devastating. I sometimes forget that when Telltale is in their storytelling zone they can really make you feel like shit. In a good way. If that makes sense?

Hmm might have to check this one out.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I will say that (so far) GOTG does nothing that Telltale hasn't done before. And honestly, their engine is really starting to show its age. But having said that, if you like Telltale games in general, and if you're a fan of GOTG in general, then it's totally worth playing.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:I will say that (so far) GOTG does nothing that Telltale hasn't done before. And honestly, their engine is really starting to show its age. But having said that, if you like Telltale games in general, and if you're a fan of GOTG in general, then it's totally worth playing.

Well if it's as funny as Tales from the Borderlands, I'm down.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

Playing Tower 57 now, just made it to the second boss. The difficulty has ramped up quick the varied enemies keep you on your toes. I'm a sucker for pixel art and post-16-bit pixel art especially, so to me the game looks really good.

I have seen one thing that may ruin my playthrough later when things get really hairy. Sometimes your character will get stuck along walls or corners and not be able to move at all, or sometimes you will just stop momentarily and have to let go of the analog stick and push it again in the same direction to move. The latter may be a gameplay mechanic I'm missing, but the first is definitely a bug. Sometimes this occurs near breakable objects so it's easy to get out of, but I have had to restart twice now because I had been mysteriously rooted to a corner.

I'm going to check tonight to make sure I'm updated and all, because I really like T57 so far and I want to continue playing, but the sticking bug is beyond frustrating when you've just struggled through several difficult encounters without a save point.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ep3 of GOTG last night... had to make a really big and difficult decision. I went with what I knew was WRONG in my heart, but honestly I just felt bad for Rocket. The decision totally backfired. I'm pretty sure that romancing Gamora is out of the question now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ep4 of GOTG marks the first time that a game in which you must make a decision about whether or not to fly out of a worm's ass has also teared me up with its story.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I accidentally left my Switch on my desk in my classroom yesterday afternoon, so I started playing Valkyria Revolution last night. Gotta say, the jury's still out on overall opinion, but it's certainly interesting. It feels like Valkyria Chronicles except that they tried to make it real time rather than turn based. It's fun, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the original or not.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Is it "real time" like say Halo Wars, or is it "real time" like, well, a third person shooter or any other action game?