What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Right now, I’m playing Monster World IV (Genesis) and Detective Pikachu (3DS). I’m not writing about them much, however, because they are both just OK. Monster World IV (Genesis) looks fantastic, but the gameplay and level design is pretty ho hum. Detective Pikachu is a bizarre premise - which I enjoy - but the gameplay is just walking around and talking to people. While it’s a lot better than To the Moon, I haven’t been that impressed with it yet.

This whole post cuts me deep man.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

:lol:

I’m in the annoying Ice Pyramid section of Monster World IV; so, maybe that explains it?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Been playing Axiom Verge this week, and I just can't seem to love it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

But do you like it? There are very few games I really love, and liking one is a victory in my book. (Not every game is going to be Metroid Prime...)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I've started up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I've been putting it off for months because it felt like such a time commitment, but I needn't have worried. I'm about 14 hours in and having a great time.

I've resigned myself that between this and Smash Bros I probably won't be playing any other games for the next year or so.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:But do you like it? There are very few games I really love, and liking one is a victory in my book. (Not every game is going to be Metroid Prime...)

Kind of? It just makes me want to play Super Metroid instead though.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:But do you like it? There are very few games I really love, and liking one is a victory in my book. (Not every game is going to be Metroid Prime...)

Kind of? It just makes me want to play Super Metroid instead though.

I had the same experience. It's ok and ok is not enough to spend time with something with the rate that games are entering my backlog. It's a list of: if this one thing was a little bit better I might stick it out. If the story was more interesting, if the gameplay was a little more tight, if the style was a little more engaging, if the graphical style wasn't quite so chunky ...

Oh well. It's worth playing for a couple of hours if you can get it for cheap. It is definitely a love letter to Metroid.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Monster World IV is solid, but not one of those unbelievable Japanese hidden gems that everyone needs to experience (like Mystic Ark or Xak).

Axion Verge I have played but didn't love the controls. Haven't made much headway into it. Anyone else got it on Wii U? 8)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am playing ..//hack Fragment, the Japanese MMO of the PS2 ..//hack series. All menus are translated in english and is run on a private server, since the game has been shut down. The game plays smooth so far. I haven't come across other players, as my play time has been in the middle of the day on a weekday. If anyone is interested in learning how to play and teaming up, let me know! I loved the series for it's strange world and this seems to be no stranger. The main lobby areas are the same as in the single player series. There is apparently a story, but it is still untranslated and in japanese.

The game plays much the same as the original series, but now you get your pick of class and rely on the help of others in dungeons. If anyone is interested, check them out at Their Website

And don't hesitate to ask how to get it all working. It was fairly simple and can even be done on the original hardware.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

That's really cool. I love seeing "defunct" online games receive continued support via a private server. Makes me wanna log onto Blue Burst again...