What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I think that's a big point of the game -- realism. You can't undo what you've done. If somebody dies BECAUSE OF YOU then you're going to feel like shit. And since "it's not a game" you can't just go back and fix it.

Yeah, it's kind of fascinating, but like anything new also a bit uncomfortable. This game is taking me out of my comfort zone....in a good way. God, those quick time events are intense! I hate QTEs, but when a game uses them in a smart way I'll stick around for the ride

yeah. I really enjoy games that offer an experience that's so unique. Like when I played through SOTC, and felt really bad about certain Colossi for example. Anyway, Indigo is just like that. You're kind of doing terrible things and not sure why but your goal is to get away with it. Y'know?

Indigo Prophecy is pretty cheap now, so I'm not recommending against playing it. The issue you may run into is that with Quantic Dream games is that gameplay kind of builds on the previous games. So playing Indigo after Heavy Rain may be challenging. It also may prove to be very interesting to you as well, as you will be able to see design elements in Indigo that were in their early stages and more fully realized in HR.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Ack wrote:I'm playing Viewtiful Joy...and it is kicking my ass. God this game is cruel.

Been a while since I played that, yeah it's tough. Totally worth sticking with though. There are some tricks that make it easier as I recall. There's one involving a punch move that does big damage when done in slow motion. I remember players abusing that. I think the game has a new game plus and you unlock other characters. So it can be easier to play on second or third playthroughs. That's why I like new game plus modes in games like this. You take your licks like a man and you get rewarded on that next playthrough
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Gamerforlife wrote:
Ack wrote:I'm playing Viewtiful Joy...and it is kicking my ass. God this game is cruel.

Been a while since I played that, yeah it's tough. Totally worth sticking with though. There are some tricks that make it easier as I recall. There's one involving a punch move that does big damage when done in slow motion. I remember players abusing that. I think the game has a new game plus and you unlock other characters. So it can be easier to play on second or third playthroughs. That's why I like new game plus modes in games like this. You take your licks like a man and you get rewarded on that next playthrough

Yeah, I've been sticking with it despite the difficulty. Unfortunately though now I'm one Leo, which I've seen some folks claim as the hardest fight in the game. He is pretty wicked, that's for sure.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

Speaking of hard games, I've been playing Resonance of Fate a lot, the game is a grindfest.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Ack wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:

Yeah, I've been sticking with it despite the difficulty. Unfortunately though now I'm one Leo, which I've seen some folks claim as the hardest fight in the game. He is pretty wicked, that's for sure.

I was going to mention him but didn't want to spoil anything. I HATED him, still do. He's a bitch, plain and simple.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I love the way Viewtiful Joe looks. But I hated playing it.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

noiseredux wrote:I love the way Viewtiful Joe looks. But I hated playing it.

It's like a 2d cousin to games like Ninja Gaiden 2 and Devil May Cry 3, and every bit as difficult as those games can be
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

Same here.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

swiftzx wrote:

Same here.

Thirded.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I absolutely loved every second of it. I can easily see how people would be turned away by the somewhat strange and unintuitive combat mechanics though.